Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

All Delia has to do is LIST the club

All Delia and Micheal Wynn Jones have to do to sell the club is to list it on one of the financial markets, then the market (and as football is not an worthwhile investment this will be fans) can decide the value of the shares. List it on the AIM and allow anybody to purchase shares, a chief executive can then be appointed and hey presto....... we eradicate the dictatorship, appoint a chief executive who can be voted out, and the shareholders can put the necessary pressure on the club to dismiss the manager.And before anybody spouts on about how this does not work for football clubs, Sheffield United are listed and shares can be purchased by anybody through any broker for about £4..... and it hasnt been bad for them has it? They currently have James Beattie up front anyway.....In the unlikely event that any dividend is paid, the fans can then redirect this to the club IN THE FORM OF NEW UNPURCHASED SHARES AND NOT AS A GIFT.It really is simple as that, we dont need one buyer with lots of money.

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]Haha, you make it sound as easy as how to boil an egg![/quote]Why shouldn''t it be easy?  List the club, let the market decide the price, and if Peter Cullum, Carl Moore,Andrew and Sharon Turner, any other wealthy fans wish to compete in that market in an attempt to gain significant shareholdings at a price that the market dictates then they can do so.If Neil Doncaster "Could have earnt twice as much in the city" then he should be more than capable of overseeing a transistion.

It''s not as easy as that, the club needs to be sold to somebody who cares for the club and can take the club further, not just to anybody with a bit of money who could, and probably would, bleed the club dry. I''m with Delia on this one, whoever takes over Norwich should clear the debts as part of the taking over agreement, that way we can''t get screwed over.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]Haha, you make it sound as easy as how to boil an egg![/quote]Why shouldn''t it be easy?  List the club, let the market decide the price, and if Peter Cullum, Carl Moore,Andrew and Sharon Turner, any other wealthy fans wish to compete in that market in an attempt to gain significant shareholdings at a price that the market dictates then they can do so.If Neil Doncaster "Could have earnt twice as much in the city" then he should be more than capable of overseeing a transistion.[/quote]By ''significant'' I presume you mean enough to control the club; otherwise, why bother?In which case they have to take on the debt (£20m) & inject decent investment, otherwise it''s pointless. I believe somebody mentioned £20m.Here''a an idea - why don''t you offer to pay for the expenses involved? I''m sure a grateful new owner would be only too happy to reimburse you.Good luck.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]All Delia and Micheal Wynn Jones have to do to sell the club is to list it on one of the financial markets, then the market (and as football is not an worthwhile investment this will be fans) can decide the value of the shares.

List it on the AIM and allow anybody to purchase shares, a chief executive can then be appointed and hey presto....... we eradicate the dictatorship, appoint a chief executive who can be voted out, and the shareholders can put the necessary pressure on the club to dismiss the manager.

And before anybody spouts on about how this does not work for football clubs, Sheffield United are listed and shares can be purchased by anybody through any broker for about £4..... and it hasnt been bad for them has it? They currently have James Beattie up front anyway.....

In the unlikely event that any dividend is paid, the fans can then redirect this to the club IN THE FORM OF NEW UNPURCHASED SHARES AND NOT AS A GIFT.

It really is simple as that, we dont need one buyer with lots of money.
[/quote]

Do you know how terribly expensive it is to get an AIM or LSE listing and to stay listed?  And of course your shares might become virtually worthless, making you unable to meet your debt committments and therefore bankrupt.  Listing has NOT  been a success for Sheffield and for most football clubs it has proved a disaster and many have delisted. 

So are Sheffield United:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/LSECWS/IFSPages/MarketNewsPopup.aspx?id=2039040&source=RNS

Watford have shares in circulation but they have lost their shareholders millions of pounds.

I very much doubt your current bank lenders would approve of Norwich listing in the current climate.  I am sure their agreement would cover any such moves to do so - in fact I suspect it would make all bank loans immediately repayable.  While a private PLC is vulnerable to a recession - as are all people reading this - you are not subject to the volatility of publicly traded shares and that might be quite a good thing at the moment.

[quote user="ellis206"]It''s not as easy as that, the club needs to be sold to somebody who cares for the club and can take the club further, not just to anybody with a bit of money who could, and probably would, bleed the club dry. I''m with Delia on this one, whoever takes over Norwich should clear the debts as part of the taking over agreement, that way we can''t get screwed over. [/quote]You fool, the only way that somebody could bleed the club dry is if they have a majority shareholding. Look at that bloke who bought Wrexham and wanted to sell the ground to Bovis Homes to turn it into houses. The point in listing the company is that there would be thousands of shareholders. These are some of the currently listed football clubs:-Sheffield UnitedArsenalTottenham HotspurRangersCelticSouthampton Millwall JuventusAston VillaBirmingham CityPreston North EndNottm Forest  (its bought them Earnshaw)Millwall (Theo Papithis sold the club over about three weeks without even announcing)SouthamptonCharltonWatford (as part of a larger leisure company

So which of those clubs have been bled dry? yes Charlton and Southampton are like us financially, but they still would be with a private owner.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]All Delia and Micheal Wynn Jones have to do to sell the club is to list it on one of the financial markets, then the market (and as football is not an worthwhile investment this will be fans) can decide the value of the shares.

List it on the AIM and allow anybody to purchase shares, a chief executive can then be appointed and hey presto....... we eradicate the dictatorship, appoint a chief executive who can be voted out, and the shareholders can put the necessary pressure on the club to dismiss the manager.

And before anybody spouts on about how this does not work for football clubs, Sheffield United are listed and shares can be purchased by anybody through any broker for about £4..... and it hasnt been bad for them has it? They currently have James Beattie up front anyway.....

In the unlikely event that any dividend is paid, the fans can then redirect this to the club IN THE FORM OF NEW UNPURCHASED SHARES AND NOT AS A GIFT.

It really is simple as that, we dont need one buyer with lots of money.
[/quote]

There is a market already in NCFC Plc shares.

Try this broker: http://www.barrattandcooke.co.uk

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]All Delia and Micheal Wynn Jones have to do to sell the club is to list it on one of the financial markets, then the market (and as football is not an worthwhile investment this will be fans) can decide the value of the shares. List it on the AIM and allow anybody to purchase shares, a chief executive can then be appointed and hey presto....... we eradicate the dictatorship, appoint a chief executive who can be voted out, and the shareholders can put the necessary pressure on the club to dismiss the manager.And before anybody spouts on about how this does not work for football clubs, Sheffield United are listed and shares can be purchased by anybody through any broker for about £4..... and it hasnt been bad for them has it? They currently have James Beattie up front anyway.....In the unlikely event that any dividend is paid, the fans can then redirect this to the club IN THE FORM OF NEW UNPURCHASED SHARES AND NOT AS A GIFT.It really is simple as that, we dont need one buyer with lots of money.[/quote]

Do you know how terribly expensive it is to get an AIM or LSE listing and to stay listed?  And of course your shares might become virtually worthless, making you unable to meet your debt committments and therefore bankrupt.  Listing has NOT  been a success for Sheffield and for most football clubs it has proved a disaster and many have delisted. 

So are Sheffield United:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/LSECWS/IFSPages/MarketNewsPopup.aspx?id=2039040&source=RNS

Watford have shares in circulation but they have lost their shareholders millions of pounds.

I very much doubt your current bank lenders would approve of Norwich listing in the current climate.  I am sure their agreement would cover any such moves to do so - in fact I suspect it would make all bank loans immediately repayable.  While a private PLC is vulnerable to a recession - as are all people reading this - you are not subject to the volatility of publicly traded shares and that might be quite a good thing at the moment.

[/quote]

Watford shareholders bought into a much larger company called Watford Leisure, who control numerous other loss making ventures in the Watford/North London area. So that doesn''t work as an example.But has Sheffield United floating really been a bad thing for the fans, and for the city? I mean, is it REALLY a bad move from the perspective of a fan? or just from an investor looking for a profit. Yes, if you had invested upon floatation your shares would be worth approx 10% of their original value, but if you had bought in 2002 at 5p and sold in 2007 at 15p then those investors would have trebled their money. Performance of team since Sheffield United Floated in January 2007                              Sheffield United                             Norwich1997/98                 Championship    6th                      Championship        15th1998/99                 Championship    8th                      Championship        9th1999/00                 Championship    16th                    Championship        12th2000/01                 Championship    10th                    Championship        15th2001/02                 Championship    13th                    Championship        6th2002/03                 Championship    3rd                     Championship         8th2003/04                 Championship    8th                      Championship        1st2004/05                 Championship    8th                      Premiership            19th2005/06                 Championship    2nd                     Championship        9th2006/07                 Premiership        18th                    Championship        16th2007/08                 Championship    9th                      Championship        17th2008/09                 Currently         6th                      Currently               20thBANK DEBT:       £3,000,000*                                 BANK DEBT:        More than this??TOTAL DEBT:      £13,000,000                                TOTAL DEBT:       £18,000,000???Ave att: 2007/08     25,630                                        Ave att:                   24,527* Sheffield Uniteds only other debt is £10,000,000 no interest loan from the family of Kevin McCabe, the majority shareholder and a lifetime Sheffield United fan.

So to the person who said that he was with Delia and didnt want somebody to ''Bleed the club dry'', look at the perfomance of Sheffield United and wake up. The big wide world outside of investors outside of Norwich arent going to bleed the club dry, it is the current dictatorship that is bleeding this club dry. Sheffield United currently have a playing squad that includes James Beattie and Billy Sharp, who are together a bigger financial asset than our entire playing squad. Sheffield United shares reached an all time low today of 3.5p.  Like almost all shares have in the last few months, but prior to the emergence of the credit crunch in June 2007 they were worth 15p.  In 2002 they slumped to 5p, so there is no reason why they couldnt recover in a year or two. I think they would currently make a good long term investment, of course the place to invest is gold, but I suspect that those shares will recover, like they have done before.In fact, I will be buying some when I think they have reached rock bottom.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]All Delia and Micheal Wynn Jones have to do to sell the club is to list it on one of the financial markets, then the market (and as football is not an worthwhile investment this will be fans) can decide the value of the shares. List it on the AIM and allow anybody to purchase shares, a chief executive can then be appointed and hey presto....... we eradicate the dictatorship, appoint a chief executive who can be voted out, and the shareholders can put the necessary pressure on the club to dismiss the manager.And before anybody spouts on about how this does not work for football clubs, Sheffield United are listed and shares can be purchased by anybody through any broker for about £4..... and it hasnt been bad for them has it? They currently have James Beattie up front anyway.....In the unlikely event that any dividend is paid, the fans can then redirect this to the club IN THE FORM OF NEW UNPURCHASED SHARES AND NOT AS A GIFT.It really is simple as that, we dont need one buyer with lots of money.[/quote]

There is a market already in NCFC Plc shares.

Try this broker: http://www.barrattandcooke.co.uk

[/quote]Ha ha ha. Thats not a market.....

The problem is that most listed companies are mainly propped up by institutional investors and they DO expect to make a profit.  I can''t see any institutional investor taking much interest in any football club at the moment - as you rightly said Gold offers far more prospects.  So does oil despite the ups and downs. 

Obviously fans will be prepared to invest in their own club but in a recession likely to last for three years or more how much spare money do you think your fans have?

Expect AVIVA to start merging departments shortly.....and there may be some changes coming at Archant I''m afraid.[:|]

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="ellis206"]It''s not as easy as that, the club needs to be sold to somebody who cares for the club and can take the club further, not just to anybody with a bit of money who could, and probably would, bleed the club dry. I''m with Delia on this one, whoever takes over Norwich should clear the debts as part of the taking over agreement, that way we can''t get screwed over.
[/quote]

You fool,

[/quote]

I''m sorry, why is he a "fool"? Just because he has a different point of view from you? It''s obvious from the other posts made in this thread that your idea is not so straightforward as you make out, I think you should climb down a bit from that high ground.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

The problem is that most listed companies are mainly propped up by institutional investors and they DO expect to make a profit.  I can''t see any institutional investor taking much interest in any football club at the moment - as you rightly said Gold offers far more prospects.  So does oil despite the ups and downs. 

Obviously fans will be prepared to invest in their own club but in a recession likely to last for three years or more how much spare money do you think your fans have?

Expect AVIVA to start merging departments shortly.....and there may be some changes coming at Archant I''m afraid.[:|]

[/quote]

Three or four years??? aaaaarrrrgggggggghhhhhhh i hope not...... I dont think i can handle the doom and gloom of the media for that long..... I doubt that the recesion itself will last that long? it might take three or four years for growth to recover to its pre credit crunch levels, but most people are speculating about another year?

Hopefully the the red tops will all merge into one single paper? so that they are easier to avoid?

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="ellis206"]It''s not as easy as that, the club needs to be sold to somebody who cares for the club and can take the club further, not just to anybody with a bit of money who could, and probably would, bleed the club dry. I''m with Delia on this one, whoever takes over Norwich should clear the debts as part of the taking over agreement, that way we can''t get screwed over. [/quote]You fool, [/quote]

I''m sorry, why is he a "fool"? Just because he has a different point of view from you?

[/quote]Because he is unable to see the vision so clearly set out - get rid of the manager, get rid of the board and everything will be solved. I''m not quite clear what will replace it but it will be better. Anybody with half a brain is capable of seeing that an unspecified future is better than an unsatisfying present. What is certain is that the current regime will be replaced with people of ambition, financial resources, an understanding of football  and a passion for Norwich City - we have been told this enough. (Barclay Boy - I am being ironic)

"All Delia and Micheal Wynn Jones have to do to sell the club is to list

it on one of the financial markets, then the market (and as football is

not an worthwhile investment this will be fans) can decide the value of

the shares. "No. Because any change in control immediately triggers the repayment of the securitisation and the Turner loans.

[quote user="ellis206"]It''s not as easy as that, the club needs to be sold to somebody who cares for the club and can take the club further, not just to anybody with a bit of money who could, and probably would, bleed the club dry. I''m with Delia on this one, whoever takes over Norwich should clear the debts as part of the taking over agreement, that way we can''t get screwed over.
[/quote]

What like Delia cares???

Somebody willing to hold on to it in an attempt to double their money as the club is relegated and goes in to administration???

Uhm??? [:^)]