Matt Morriss

The Arrogance of Glenn Roeder

''''But one thing that has changed over the last 10 years or so is that

most supporters think they are good judges. I haven''t got a problem

with that either, but they watch so much football on the television,

they listen to all the clever people that have never been brave enough

or good enough to try management and they suddenly think they''re

experts.''''
Yesterdays retort to the ''Roeder Out'' chants at the end of yet another embarrassing home defeat.The arrogance of this man is getting beyond a joke. Just who the hell does he think he is? Wenger? Mourinho?No he''s perennial failure Glenn Roeder, who really hasnt acheived anything of note to date in his managerial career, but who ironically is famed for his qoute ''sorry, i must have missed your tenure as England manager''.Sorry Glenn, 25,000 thousand of us also missed the time you actually achieved anything at any club ever, oh, it hasnt happened yet? Hmmm thats odd, normally arrogant people are that way inclined because theyve achieved something great and its gone to their head somewhat.Getting back to Roeder''s latest criticism of the very people that pay his wages, he contradicts himself with this comment:''''When we had periods where we didn''t play so well, obviously they let the players know their feelings. I

haven''t got a problem with that and nor have the players. The players

fully understand that. They know they have to play well to keep the

crowd onside.''''
Thats exactly what the fans are entitled to do, so when they berate the players for poor performance on the pitch, its ok to boo them? The players should take that on the chin, which they do. But when we boo the manager for poor performance off the pitch we get an arrogant criticism next day in the paper. Why does Roeder seem to think he''s above criticism by the fans and should never ever recieve any regardless of his performance?This guy is an arrogant, underachieving twat, the sooner he is gone the better.Ill leave you with one thought. In your job if your manager left and you had the choice for a new manager to be either Glenn Roeder or Dion Dublin ( 2 recent NCFC employees with vastly different reputations with the fans, respect wise), who would you want to work for and who do you think youd come into work monday morning and when asked to do something would give it your all?Its Dion everytime of course. So it begs the question, what goes thru the players minds at 2.30 every saturday?

Roeder ''not worried''  (Pink''un headline)

“It''s got to worry us. If you''re not worried about it, you''re not right in the head.” (Pink''un quotes Darrel Russel)

Says it all really.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]not forgetting of course that he took possibly one of the worst squads in the division last season and saved us from certain relegation!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

one season wonder ............... again

its the same at all the clubs hes  been at WHU great first season crap second - SACKED

Newcastle United great first season crap second ........... SACKED

Norwich city great first season crap second .......... WHO KNOWS

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]not forgetting of course that he took possibly one of the worst squads in the division last season and saved us from certain relegation!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Utter bollocks. Is this the same ''worst squad'' that went on a 13 game unbeaten run? It wasnt the squad, it was Grant. Yes Roeder done well with Grants team, as he did with the Newcastle and West Teams he inherited. Funny how in both situations it was his second season that was to be his undoing. Both second seasons where he had more of ''his'' squad.And its now happening again with us.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]not forgetting of course that he took possibly one of the worst squads in the division last season and saved us from certain relegation!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Roeder told you it was one of the worst squads and you believed it, the squad were of mid table quality but managed by a very poor manager [Grant] things got even worse and that average squad were taken over by a totally  useless c@nt [Roeder] who managed a few wins with Grants team and then put his own stamp on things! it''s gone from bad to worse since because he is totally clueless and without doubt worse than Grant, which in football management is some achievement!

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"]not forgetting of course that he took possibly one of the worst squads in the division last season and saved us from certain relegation!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Roeder told you it was one of the worst squads and you believed it, the squad were of mid table quality but managed by a very poor manager [Grant] things got even worse and that average squad were taken over by a totally  useless c@nt [Roeder] who managed a few wins with Grants team and then put his own stamp on things! it''s gone from bad to worse since because he is totally clueless and without doubt worse than Grant, which in football management is some achievement![/quote]Quite right.Roeder always bangs on about how he inherited '' the worst squad he ever had''. This is bollocks, he says this to paper over the current cracks. Its an excuse, if he had such a bad squad to begin with then he''s done a magnificent job in turning it all around yes? Wrong. The worst squad he had ever inherited went on a 13 game unbeaten run.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"]not forgetting of course that he took possibly one of the worst squads in the division last season and saved us from certain relegation!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Roeder told you it was one of the worst squads and you believed it, the squad were of mid table quality but managed by a very poor manager [Grant] things got even worse and that average squad were taken over by a totally  useless c@nt [Roeder] who managed a few wins with Grants team and then put his own stamp on things! it''s gone from bad to worse since because he is totally clueless and without doubt worse than Grant, which in football management is some achievement![/quote]I watched enough grant football to know that this current team is not as bad as it was under grant. I think some of you are forgetting how bad it was under grant.Bandwagon is the word that springs to mind...................

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"]not forgetting of course that he took possibly one of the worst squads in the division last season and saved us from certain relegation!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Roeder told you it was one of the worst squads and you believed it, the squad were of mid table quality but managed by a very poor manager [Grant] things got even worse and that average squad were taken over by a totally  useless c@nt [Roeder] who managed a few wins with Grants team and then put his own stamp on things! it''s gone from bad to worse since because he is totally clueless and without doubt worse than Grant, which in football management is some achievement!
[/quote]

I watched enough grant football to know that this current team is not as bad as it was under grant. I think some of you are forgetting how bad it was under grant.

Bandwagon is the word that springs to mind...................
[/quote]

We are worse off under GR than we were under Grant, the facts and table don''t lie Ronbol [:|]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"]not forgetting of course that he took possibly one of the worst squads in the division last season and saved us from certain relegation!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Roeder told you it was one of the worst squads and you believed it, the squad were of mid table quality but managed by a very poor manager [Grant] things got even worse and that average squad were taken over by a totally  useless c@nt [Roeder] who managed a few wins with Grants team and then put his own stamp on things! it''s gone from bad to worse since because he is totally clueless and without doubt worse than Grant, which in football management is some achievement!
[/quote]

I watched enough grant football to know that this current team is not as bad as it was under grant. I think some of you are forgetting how bad it was under grant.

Bandwagon is the word that springs to mind...................
[/quote]

We are worse off under GR than we were under Grant, the facts and table don''t lie Ronbol [:|]

[/quote]

huh? weren''t we bottom under grant??

Go back to the same time (of year) when Grant were in control, compare the points difference.

There isn''t much improvement under GR.  If we were 10 points better than under Grant, now that is an improvement.

Football may be better in patches, but it''s points that count at the end of the season.

It gets even better!!! Now some dimwits on here are saying Grant is a better manager for us that Roeder!?!?!?I think I''ve heard it all now, why oh why are NCFC fans becoming such a joke???? The vast majority of you are totally clueless, think we have some divine right to be in the premiership playing wonderful football, when all realists know that those days are long gone. Even clubs who have been a solid fixture in the premier league before are worse off than us (Charlton for example) - would you rather be in their shoes??I get totally fed up of listening to morons in the Carrow Road stands week after week - thinking they know everything - ''he''s s**t, he''s useless, he shouldn''t be wearing the shirt, roeders s**t'' etc etc. Get behind the team, the manager, the club - cheer like we did in the promotion season and in the premiership - lets make Carrow Road a fortress again even if we struggle away from home! We have the players, we have the ability and, yes, we have the manager! Go on a decent run from now until april and we can still even make the top 6!!! We show we can play well, we show we have the squad to take it to any team. Roeder has laid good foundations, but he is human, and is probably getting rather tired of ''know it alls'' voicing thier flawed opinions... LET HIM DO HIS JOB!I''m sure the vast majority will disagree with me, continue to boo and pile pressure on the club, which will result in a new manager and we look back in 15 months and say even Roeder was better than X.....Fickle lot we''ve become.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]It gets even better!!! Now some dimwits on here are saying Grant is a better manager for us that Roeder!?!?!?I think I''ve heard it all now, why oh why are NCFC fans becoming such a joke???? The vast majority of you are totally clueless, think we have some divine right to be in the premiership playing wonderful football, when all realists know that those days are long gone. Even clubs who have been a solid fixture in the premier league before are worse off than us (Charlton for example) - would you rather be in their shoes??I get totally fed up of listening to morons in the Carrow Road stands week after week - thinking they know everything - ''he''s s**t, he''s useless, he shouldn''t be wearing the shirt, roeders s**t'' etc etc. Get behind the team, the manager, the club - cheer like we did in the promotion season and in the premiership - lets make Carrow Road a fortress again even if we struggle away from home! We have the players, we have the ability and, yes, we have the manager! Go on a decent run from now until april and we can still even make the top 6!!! We show we can play well, we show we have the squad to take it to any team. Roeder has laid good foundations, but he is human, and is probably getting rather tired of ''know it alls'' voicing thier flawed opinions... LET HIM DO HIS JOB!I''m sure the vast majority will disagree with me, continue to boo and pile pressure on the club, which will result in a new manager and we look back in 15 months and say even Roeder was better than X.....Fickle lot we''ve become.[/quote]Utter bollocks.With the players and squad we have we should at least be in the top half of the table. Were not because Roeder is failing big time to get the best out of the players. With only Croft, Clingan and Doherty doing the business all season.Its not good enough. The championship is very weak this year, theres 3 good teams in the league, Wolves, Reading and Birmingham. The other 19 are all as bad as each other. Were vastly underperforming plain and simple.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]It gets even better!!! Now some dimwits on here are saying Grant is a better manager for us that Roeder!?!?!?
I think I''ve heard it all now, why oh why are NCFC fans becoming such a joke???? The vast majority of you are totally clueless, think we have some divine right to be in the premiership playing wonderful football, when all realists know that those days are long gone. Even clubs who have been a solid fixture in the premier league before are worse off than us (Charlton for example) - would you rather be in their shoes??
I get totally fed up of listening to morons in the Carrow Road stands week after week - thinking they know everything - ''he''s s**t, he''s useless, he shouldn''t be wearing the shirt, roeders s**t'' etc etc. Get behind the team, the manager, the club - cheer like we did in the promotion season and in the premiership - lets make Carrow Road a fortress again even if we struggle away from home! We have the players, we have the ability and, yes, we have the manager! Go on a decent run from now until april and we can still even make the top 6!!! We show we can play well, we show we have the squad to take it to any team. Roeder has laid good foundations, but he is human, and is probably getting rather tired of ''know it alls'' voicing thier flawed opinions... LET HIM DO HIS JOB!
I''m sure the vast majority will disagree with me, continue to boo and pile pressure on the club, which will result in a new manager and we look back in 15 months and say even Roeder was better than X.....

Fickle lot we''ve become.
[/quote]

Bullsh*t!

I don''t think any realistic fans thingk we have a divine right to be in the Premiership although the club has the potential to be there!

How we''re playing and the way things are turning with Roeder we''ll soon have the divine right to being League1 as we look like we could finish in the bottom 3 this season!

I think most fans would of settled this season for consolodation, improvement and mid table comfort well away from the relegation slug!

That isn''t being over optimistic by any means!

Roeders done a dreadful job which is being proved by our current position and our overall record under the idiot. Yes we''re not flush with money but I''d bet we''re better of than many other clubs in the Championship!

People still refusing to admit that Roeders isn''t doing a good job are very very blinkered!

Even a lot of those that insist on giving him more time would admit that!

''''But one thing that has changed over the last 10 years or so is that most supporters think they are good judges. I haven''t got a problem with that either, but they watch so much football on the television, they listen to all the clever people that have never been brave enough or good enough to try management and they suddenly think they''re experts.''''

Like CUSDP, I think he makes a valid point here. I think that most of us have been guilty of thinking that we''re good judges, or perhaps even better judges than the manager or coaches, at one time or other.

Good attempt at a wind up Mr Controversy. However, Grant may well prove to be a much better manager than Roeder in the future, he is still a young guy who may have learnt a lot from his Norwich disaster.