Sign in to follow this  
Kent Canary

Real Mallorca Commentary

Hello,

Is it on Radio Norfolk? I see its not listed on Canaries World, and the Radio Norfolk site just says '' Sport on Saturday''. Might have to find a high hill and a big aerial if it is..

I listened to the commentary on the web, and it didn''t really match what posters who were there have said in other threads. It sounded like we were playing very standard Div 1 stuff - not passing the ball out of defence, just hoofing it upfield and losing possession. Bentley seemed to be "different class" and Helweg sounds classy too. Svensson sounded as if he was a bit lost, maybe sees a bench-warming season ahead, and the goal seemed like a drop-off by the guys organising the wall, with no-one standing over the ball to stop an early one: that was reminiscent of the bad old days.

All that doesn''t worry me though - it was a friendly in hot conditions, and very near the start of the season (though we do need to learn to pass the ball out of defence). It''s just interesting how the commentary and the opinions of fans who were there all differ from each other.