Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Chadwick gone on a free transfer.

"Norwich''s injured-ravaged wideman Luke Chadwick revealed yesterday he

had to leave Carrow Road to kick start his career at MK Dons.The

28-year-old signed a two-and-a-half year contract after agreeing a free

transfer switch to Roberto Di Matteo''s League One title challengers."Is this how Norwich do business?  How is this club supposed to keep afloat and away from Administration etc if Norwich Contracted players leave on FREE transfers?  Yet again no money for a city player.  If Fotheringham leaves then we wont get much for him and if Croft goes then i cant see multi millions paid for him either.  Croft for me would be the end of my support for this club.  It looks like we are gonna be a loaner club for fringe players. GOD HELP US!I really hope City have some big targets coming here in the next month otherwise we are done for.oh yeh, Happy new year to all the Pink Un Forum Posters.

Answering a quaestion with another one lol that''s called avoiding the question.

I really don''t know the answer to your question, but IMO we are better to have him than not.  With the rumours that Crofty may be off we are running very low on first team players, the options for injury and suspension are running out.

So unless GR gets 5 or 6 good quality loans in then we had better hope and pray that our team gets neither injuries or suspensions.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Was his contract up with us or did we just give someone away for the hell of it (like Huckerby)?[/quote]I think we gave him away to allow us to pay another loan player''s wages for a while.  Not sure of the business sense in that, but here we are.

I Understand your point saying we are short of backup but chadwick has never been fit for us so i dont think this is a major loss to the squad. Its a chance to get an injury prone player off the wage bill. But i totally understand your point of back-up needed and i feel chadwick needs to be replaced. I Didnt mean to avoid your question mate.

He''s clearly been let go because he''s crocked. Never plays for us so it''s good business to free up his wages.

I''d rather not be losing players at this point in time, but it does seem sensible business on our part - he is a decent player but in our situation can we really carry someone who is injured far more than he is (match) fit?  He will surely be on decent wages, too, so that cash will be freed up - hopefully to get someone in to shore up the defence as imo that is what is costing us most at the moment - 42 goals leaked in 26 games is pathetic: on goals conceded we are jt 2nd worst away and 4th worst at home (...so at least we are near the top in one league!).