Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

This time next year

Let''s have a guess at our league position on New Year''s Day 2010.  Closest guess wins a pint of beer from the Chops fund.Tie-breaker is number of first team players in the squad excluding loanees (ours or other people''s).I will say:Fifth place in League One.Seventeen players.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Let''s have a guess at our league position on New Year''s Day 2010.  Closest guess wins a pint of beer from the Chops fund.
Tie-breaker is number of first team players in the squad excluding loanees (ours or other people''s).

I will say:

Fifth place in League One.
Seventeen players.

[/quote]

We''ll be millionaires.. League 1 10th place, 20 Sh*te players.

Choppy - that is pessimism in the extreme. If we DO get relegated then I think we''ll be very lucky to get as high as 5th. But I still think we''ll survive (must be some potential loanee strikers and centre backs who know nothing of Roeder''s personality) and in any event we''ll have a new manager by then. So I''ll go with 15th in the Championship - which coincidentally was where I optimistically said we''d finish this season. (Haven''t been in the C&H for some 35 years but would be very happy to join you there).

well chopsy,,,i reckon if we have a decent tranny window and results go well in the key matches coming up in jan - we''ll stay up...but other than that, it will be tight, and possibly we''ll be relegated...come back with a prediction thread 1st feb!!!as for our posi this time next year - i hope that the club is sold in the meantime,,,a new start, and at the top, is needed for NCFC imo...

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="ncfc90"]14th in the Premiership, 26 players[/quote]

[:|].....erm....[:|]

[/quote]

Lol

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]well chopsy,,,

i reckon if we have a decent tranny window and results go well in the key matches coming up in jan - we''ll stay up...but other than that, it will be tight, and possibly we''ll be relegated...come back with a prediction thread 1st feb!!!

as for our posi this time next year - i hope that the club is sold in the meantime,,,a new start, and at the top, is needed for NCFC imo...[/quote]God, we''re looking for "tranny''s" now, replica skirts anyone! [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]well chopsy,,,

i reckon if we have a decent tranny window and results go well in the key matches coming up in jan - we''ll stay up...but other than that, it will be tight, and possibly we''ll be relegated...come back with a prediction thread 1st feb!!!

as for our posi this time next year - i hope that the club is sold in the meantime,,,a new start, and at the top, is needed for NCFC imo...[/quote]God, we''re looking for "tranny''s" now, replica skirts anyone! [:D][/quote]

lol that would be amusing, players trying to run in high heels and skirts [:D]

Following the Arab takeover in February that makes us even richer than Man City, and once the new CEO, Smudger, has completed the hunting down and public executions of all members of the old regime and turned his attention to the development of the world''s largest printing works on the site of the Holiday Inn , NCFC Plc. continues its inexorable rise, outstripping Exxon, Microsoft and the rest to become the world''s richest company, ......and then I wake up[:D]

Seriously,despite all logic dictating otherwise, I choose to continue to believe that we''ll beat the drop again, have a good summer and start to become competitive again.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]well chopsy,,,

as for our posi this time next year - i hope that the club is sold in the meantime,,,a new start, and at the top, is needed for NCFC imo...[/quote]God, we''re looking for "tranny''s" now, replica skirts anyone! [:D][/quote]

lol that would be amusing, players trying to run in high heels and skirts [:D]

[/quote]

They looked like they were on Sunday tbh! Happy New year WAY[Y]

7th in league 1 with a bunch of journeymen signed on frees and kids playing every week.. slowly rebuilding under new owners.

jas :)

Bottom six of league one after having 12 points deducted.

But crucially, we may still be "better off" than Southampton, which is all that matters. It is the ultimate yardstick that all successful clubs judge themselves by.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Something you''ve all overlooked - will we even exist come Jan 2010....?[/quote]

Can''t even imagine there not being a NCFC in 2010

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Something you''ve all overlooked - will we even exist come Jan 2010....?[/quote]

Good point, we just don''t bloody know!!! What ever happened to this club,very sad times.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Let''s have a guess at our league position on New Year''s Day 2010.  Closest guess wins a pint of beer from the Chops fund.
Tie-breaker is number of first team players in the squad excluding loanees (ours or other people''s).

I will say:

Fifth place in League One.
Seventeen players.

[/quote]

12th Championship, 16 players & unfortunatly Smudger will still be here to TRY create more protests!

Macca