Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

how much do need to spend to realistically avoid relegation???

ashley has seen economic sense and taken newcastle off the market...he''s gonna invest big in the jan tranny window to protect his investment...how much does the canaries board need to stick into roedy''s budget this window - to give city a realistic and credible shot of avoiding relegation???£3m would do it for me...and proper loans - not half ass gambles as in the summer... to bring in - a top CB, right back, and 2 proven experienced strikers...

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

lita-£500k/£750k

martin taylor-£600/£700k

iversson-£700k/£800k

and 1 other CB      £3 mil would do it....but not going to happen :-(

[/quote]well done CTID - you managed to put a smile on my face for the first time this year,,,thats a great list and would surely see us outa the bottom 6 come seasons end - but maybe overbudget???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

lita-£500k/£750k

martin taylor-£600/£700k

iversson-£700k/£800k

[/quote]

well done CTID - you managed to put a smile on my face for the first time this year,,,thats a great list and would surely see us outa the bottom 6 come seasons end - but maybe overbudget???
[/quote]

When you say year, do you mean the last 365 days? if so, that must have been a long 365 days!

[quote user="ncfc90"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

lita-£500k/£750k

martin taylor-£600/£700k

iversson-£700k/£800k

[/quote]well done CTID - you managed to put a smile on my face for the first time this year,,,thats a great list and would surely see us outa the bottom 6 come seasons end - but maybe overbudget???[/quote]

When you say year, do you mean the last 365 days? if so, that must have been a long 365 days!

[/quote]lol - i''m talking about the last 16 hours!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]ashley has seen economic sense and taken newcastle off the market...he''s gonna invest big in the jan tranny window to protect his investment...

how much does the canaries board need to stick into roedy''s budget this window - to give city a realistic and credible shot of avoiding relegation???

£3m would do it for me...

and proper loans - not half ass gambles as in the summer...

to bring in - a top CB, right back, and 2 proven experienced strikers...

[/quote]

I think you''re about right LGT. I''d like to see Callum Davenport (surplus to requirements at West Ham), Lita on a permanent plus a creative midfielder and a right sided defender who can play RB or CB.Another (big ) striker would be a bonus. Unfortunately its hard to see where the funds could possibly come from!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]ashley has seen economic sense and taken newcastle off the market...he''s gonna invest big in the jan tranny window to protect his investment...how much does the canaries board need to stick into roedy''s budget this window - to give city a realistic and credible shot of avoiding relegation???£3m would do it for me...and proper loans - not half ass gambles as in the summer... to bring in - a top CB, right back, and 2 proven experienced strikers...

[/quote]

I think you''re about right LGT. I''d like to see Callum Davenport (surplus to requirements at West Ham), Lita on a permanent plus a creative midfielder and a right sided defender who can play RB or CB.Another (big ) striker would be a bonus. Unfortunately its hard to see where the funds could possibly come from!

[/quote]happy new year beau,,,yep - as ever finance is the problem, but clearly money needs to be found to fund an escape from the league 1 trapdoor - a half baked gamble is simply not good enough for where we are in the league - anything less than making a proper fist of it would be reckless imo...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]ashley has seen economic sense and taken newcastle off the market...he''s gonna invest big in the jan tranny window to protect his investment...

how much does the canaries board need to stick into roedy''s budget this window - to give city a realistic and credible shot of avoiding relegation???

£3m would do it for me...

and proper loans - not half ass gambles as in the summer...

to bring in - a top CB, right back, and 2 proven experienced strikers...

[/quote]

[/quote]

happy new year beau,,,

yep - as ever finance is the problem, but clearly money needs to be found to fund an escape from the league 1 trapdoor - a half baked gamble is simply not good enough for where we are in the league - anything less than making a proper fist of it would be reckless imo...
[/quote].

Happy New Year to you too mate!

Agreed that something has to be done because we''re on a one way ticket to oblivion at present!

The figure of £3 million may be correct, as we need four or five players - 2 strikers, 2 central defenders, one fullback.I suspect that GR will not have anything like that to spend, so unless clubs are cutting wage bills because of the recession, and let some players go cheaply, I don''t expect us to sign more than one "permanent" player, and the rest will be loans.£3 million might guarantee survival in the Championship, anything less will mean chewed finger nails on a bumpy ride!

This is a fatuous reply but we don''t really need to spend anything. We just need a manager to get the players playing well, putting people in the right positions, playing the people who are ''blacklisted'' etc. Sometimes a lot of free-spending can destabilise clubs

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]This is a fatuous reply but we don''t really need to spend anything. We just need a manager to get the players playing well, putting people in the right positions, playing the people who are ''blacklisted'' etc. Sometimes a lot of free-spending can destabilise clubs[/quote]sure ok - its your opinion, but at the very least - we need a proper, experienced CB in???

i think we should take riskson young players and try to develop them.players like: morrison rendell- ST-  peterborough/cambridgeboyd- M/F peterboroughzebroski- M/F millwall howson-M- leeds iriekpen- CB- scunthorpe (CB out of contract in 6months)sullivan-GK- brightonward-MWF- chesterfieldeardley- WB/RB- Oldhami would think that all these players aside from Howson could be picked up for less than 250k each...even less than that with iriekpen etc.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

lita-£500k/£750k

martin taylor-£600/£700k

iversson-£700k/£800k

[/quote]Roeder has said a couple of times that Lita has made his plans clear to him, and reading between the lines, he doesn''t want a transfer now, he sees more potential in being a free agent at the end of the season. It doesn''t sound like he wants to join us permanently, so the best we could hope for would be a loan for the rest of the season.Can''t see Taylor joining us now - is he still playing for Birmingham?Iversson is crocked isn''t he? Still, could see him as a straight swap for Chadwick.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]This is a fatuous reply but we don''t really need to spend anything. We just need a manager to get the players playing well, putting people in the right positions, playing the people who are ''blacklisted'' etc. Sometimes a lot of free-spending can destabilise clubs[/quote]

sure ok - its your opinion, but at the very least - we need a proper, experienced CB in???
[/quote]

Yes of course. I really wasn''t arguing with any of the above posters - our squad is so thin it''s almost laughable. When the season ends, I''m sure we''ll be left with about 12 full-time pros or something (loanees returning, players out of contract etc). I was just trying to say that I think we can - ''can'' being the operative word - avoid relegation without having to spend money. If money is available and we get new players in, then that''s even better. Personally I''d like to see a ball-playing centre back, a target man striker and a nippy centre forward; all with a drive and desire.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]This is a fatuous reply but we don''t really need to spend anything. We just need a manager to get the players playing well, putting people in the right positions, playing the people who are ''blacklisted'' etc. Sometimes a lot of free-spending can destabilise clubs[/quote]sure ok - its your opinion, but at the very least - we need a proper, experienced CB in??? [/quote]

Yes of course. I really wasn''t arguing with any of the above posters - our squad is so thin it''s almost laughable. When the season ends, I''m sure we''ll be left with about 12 full-time pros or something (loanees returning, players out of contract etc). I was just trying to say that I think we can - ''can'' being the operative word - avoid relegation without having to spend money. If money is available and we get new players in, then that''s even better. Personally I''d like to see a ball-playing centre back, a target man striker and a nippy centre forward; all with a drive and desire.

[/quote]bravo chunks...and it seems a pattern is emerging as to which positions need filling on the pitch...

If you go for loan option there needs to be at least three GOOD quality players, Ched Evans for example, Lita and Taylor from Birmingham.

If purchasing players is an option, which  seems unlikely, I would go with  Lita and Taylor who appears to be out of the first team at Birmingham at the moment. With the purchase option I would recall Cureton.  

What ever happens quality players must come in.