Sign in to follow this  
ca

Our First Team Squad consists of

Thinking about players we have at the club this week with first team experience  think this is the up to date situation which is very depressing ( hope I havent missed anyone)

Marshall

Nelson

Omo

Drury

Semmy

Doc

Bell

Fozzy

Croft

Clinghan

Hoolahan

Patty

Rusty

Cort

Going, Going ,Gone or long term injuries

Chadwick - Gone

Henville - Gone

Kennedy - Gone

Sibbi – going 18/1

Loopiloo – rumoured to be gone

Lita – Gone

OJ – Disappeared of the radar in Oct

Grounds - Gone

Lappin – Going ??

Stefan – long term injury

Out on loan

Cureton

Martin

Spillane

So thats 14 players plus Sibbi, maybe Loopi and you could include Lappin for the game on Saturday?????

lol possibly they would, yes.

Well the TW is open now and closes 2nd Feb.  I personally don''t think we will get more than 2 loans in, possibly 3 at a push.

Well he has to get 2 central defenders in case Doc is injured and he has to get 2 strikers in as we only have Cort from mid Jan.

So thats 4 min for me.

I guess we will end up with Rusty being pushed up front again, seeing as if Lups may be going, we won''t have an out and out proven striker, so bloody depressing.

I hope it doesn''t come to that, it means Russell will say again in the press that he is a midfielder, he will then get dropped due to Glenn''s idiocy... a no win situation it seems

The cheaper option is for GR to actually play the youngsters up front, give them a chance, but I would be amazed if that happens.  Not sure what he has against young players from our own club, and chooses to blood youngsters from other clubs at our expense.

How can we afford to really compete in the Cup at this time, when a straight red, or serious knocks will really affect any chance of getting results in our next few Championship games? If it was any other team than Championship opposition in the 3rd round, we might as well roll over and get a sound thrashing but walk away with the team unscathed. As it is, we have to prevent Charlton getting any ''feel good factor'' out of this fixture.

I suppose I have answered my own question then!

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

How can we afford to really compete in the Cup at this time, when a straight red, or serious knocks will really affect any chance of getting results in our next few Championship games? If it was any other team than Championship opposition in the 3rd round, we might as well roll over and get a sound thrashing but walk away with the team unscathed. As it is, we have to prevent Charlton getting any ''feel good factor'' out of this fixture.

I suppose I have answered my own question then!

[/quote]and whats to say charlton wouldnt utilise our small squad.a slightly mistimed tackle may mean a yellow for one of their lads but could mean 2 months on the sidelines for ours.i wouldnt be suprised if they were aggressive on saturday.as for roeder using our youth instead of prem crap. its simplethey come from premiership therefore they must be better. although roeder is forgetting that half of the young players coming from prem teams end up in championship or lower because they arent that good.if we gave our young players a chance to impress they may well pay us back. it must be very disheartening to be renton or adeyemi etc and seeing crap like sibs on the pitch, knowing they could do better.

I really don''t know why GR is so anti the youngsters from NC, why give them professional contracts if you don''t intend to play them?  Very odd.

If he doesn''t make too any loan striker signings this TW, then really his options are running out.

Lets not forget that Kris Renton and Rob Eagle are still 1st team squad players and were given contracts... think they are good or bad is immaterial.. they are bodies in the squad, and if the worst came to the worst re injury/suspension could be called upon.... they are 2 more who seem to have been forgotten about  by Roeder...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Lets not forget that Kris Renton and Rob Eagle are still 1st team squad players and were given contracts... think they are good or bad is immaterial.. they are bodies in the squad, and if the worst came to the worst re injury/suspension could be called upon.... they are 2 more who seem to have been forgotten about  by Roeder...

jas :)

[/quote]Smith, Adeyemi, Lathrope and Daley are also on first team contracts, it''s more bodies to the squad. Wheter they are ready or not is a different mater.

You''ve missed out Ryan Bertrand, but 15 still doesn''t look much better than 14, does it?

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]You''ve missed out Ryan Bertrand, but 15 still doesn''t look much better than 14, does it?[/quote]

So I did but as you say he doesn''t make the picture look much better does he?

I didn''t include the Renton & Eagle and the other kids with contracts as I can''t see Roeder ever using them.

Roeder SAID he would starting looking at the youth talent during the second half of the season...well here we are :)

what is with these awful nicknames''loopi''''omo''''sibi''''semmy''(!!!)etc