Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

My ideal, yet Realistic Squad to survive.....

I believe in the now current transfer window Mr Roeder will be making the signings to (hopefully) save his job. This is the most important month in his career as if he screws up then his ever thinning reputation will be torn forever.

Here''s how I''d like to see the squad by the end of the window:

1. Marshall (please don''t cash in on him, one of the best keepers in the league!!!!)

2.Otsemobor

3.Drury .

5. ????????  With Kennedy gone back to Celtic it is vital to get a top replacement. Shittu on loan from Bolton would be awesome, proven fully in his time at Watford.

6. Stefanovic (gutted he''s injured, but he is and needs replacing. Hopefully Elliot Ward is on his way in)

7. Croft (could go this month, the midfield has enough cover to let this happen. The money needs to go into the defence)

8. Clingan .

9. Sibierski (Let him go, disappointing and takes too much in wages)

10. Cureton (Bring him back, only ever needed starts and is still very capable. Also a proven Norwich fan and loves the club)

11. ?????? Number now free Chadwick has left, gives us extra wages to spend on non crocks. Maybe a lower league punt?

12. Doherty

13. Rudd

14. Hoolahan (surely can push on now he''s settled and become another main man, the guy is talented)

16. Fotheringham (good, but was never capatin material. Give the armband permanantly to Clingan or Marshall)

17. Bell .

18. Lupoli (Let him go and free up wages for someone better)

19. Lappin (Either cash in or play him or loan him. But don''t let him rot. Always looked a decent player and could do a job if Croft leaves)

20. Russell (suspended too often to be captain)

21. Bertrand. (Keep on loan until the end of the season)

22. Omozusi. (Keep on loan until the end of the season)

23. Komora. (Release him. No point in him being here, the back up striker role should surely be Martins'')

24. Pattison

25. Nelson

26. Eagle

28. Spillane. (Bring him back off loan, ideal back up defender, would surely be playing now if he wasn''t at Luton with our centre back crisis)

29. Cort. (Still a gamble, but I''d love to see the big guy return to his best when Sibs leaves in a few weeks)

30. Smith

33. Renton

34. Adeyemi

35. Martin. (Ideal back up striker, wasted at Luton as we need him here and has proven a couple of years back that he is capable of scoring goals)

36. Lathrope

39. Daley

44.Lita. (The biggest bit of business to sort. Essential to our survival, keep him on loan at all costs.)

As has been said before, I believe we can''t recall Martin or Spillane, that''s the way season long loans work.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

I believe in the now current transfer window Mr Roeder will be making the signings to (hopefully) save his job. This is the most important month in his career as if he screws up then his ever thinning reputation will be torn forever.

1. Marshall (please don''t cash in on him, one of the best keepers in the league!!!!)

2.Otsemobor

3.Drury .

5. ????????  With Kennedy gone back to Celtic it is vital to get a top replacement. Shittu on loan from Bolton would be awesome, proven fully in his time at Watford.

6. Stefanovic (gutted he''s injured, but he is and needs replacing. Hopefully Elliot Ward is on his way in)

7. Croft (could go this month, the midfield has enough cover to let this happen. The money needs to go into the defence)

8. Clingan .

10. Cureton (Bring him back, only ever needed starts and is still very capable. Also a proven Norwich fan and loves the club)

11. ?????? Number now free Chadwick has left, gives us extra wages to spend on non crocks. Maybe a lower league punt?

12. Doherty

13. Rudd

14. Hoolahan (surely can push on now he''s settled and become another main man, the guy is talented)

16. Fotheringham (good, but was never capatin material. Give the armband permanantly to Clingan or Marshall)

17. Bell .

19. Lappin (Either cash in or play him or loan him. But don''t let him rot. Always looked a decent player and could do a job if Croft leaves)

23. Komora. (Release him. No point in him being here, the back up striker role should surely be Martins'')

24. Pattison

25. Nelson

26. Eagle

28. Spillane. (Bring him back off loan, ideal back up defender, would surely be playing now if he wasn''t at Luton with our centre back crisis)

29. Cort. (Still a gamble, but I''d love to see the big guy return to his best when Sibs leaves in a few weeks)

30. Smith

33. Renton

34. Adeyemi

35. Martin. (Ideal back up striker, wasted at Luton as we need him here and has proven a couple of years back that he is capable of scoring goals)

36. Lathrope

39. Daley

44.Lita. (The biggest bit of business to sort. Essential to our survival, keep him on loan at all costs.)

[/quote]mostly fair comment J...i''d be happy with a new rb - ward or shittu at cb (or both lol),,,drury at lb, and a new partner for leezer (cort is a joke signing)...suspect it will be alot less than that line up in reality///

[quote user="Nuff Said"]As has been said before, I believe we can''t recall Martin or Spillane, that''s the way season long loans work.
[/quote]

we have a recal option on both of them, just like Fulham have on Omozusi.

"[quote user="Jonzey"]

2.Otsemobor

3.Drury .

8. Clingan .

12. Doherty

13. Rudd

17. Bell .

24. Pattison

25. Nelson

26. Eagle

30. Smith

33. Renton

34. Adeyemi

36. Lathrope

39. Daley

44.Lita. (The biggest bit of business to sort. Essential to our survival, keep him on loan at all costs.)"

[/quote]

1, makes to many mistakes

3, injured too often

7, gone

9, gone in a couple of weeks

10, 25000 fans who love the club couldn''t score at this level either

16, no

17, going apparently

18, gone

19, going

23, needs to go

25, who is he?

28, not wanted by the manager

29, not fit

35, not wanted by the manager

44, been left too late, roeders messed up again?

and your spelling ain''t too sharp

Jonzey, top 4 keepers in the fizzy drinks league for 2008/09 are as follows (according to the actim index dated 18th December 2008)

Marcus Hahnemann - Reading

Maik Taylor - Birmingham

Andy Lonergan - Preston

Radek Cerny - QPR

Julian Speroni - Crystal Palace

[quote user="Grim Roeder"]"[quote user="Jonzey"]

[/quote]

and your spelling ain''t too sharp

[/quote]

really, example please?!

Nelson is the back up keeper, lol.

And are you sure about the recall clause as they are always included?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Jonzey, top 4 keepers in the fizzy drinks league for 2008/09 are as follows (according to the actim index dated 18th December 2008)

Maik Taylor - Birmingham

Andy Lonergan - Preston

Radek Cerny - QPR

[/quote]

It takes into account goals conceeded though, the above goalies have the advantage of a relatively superior defence. Marshall would walk into any championship club.

Marshy is a good shot stopper but he makes too many stupid mistakes to be ''''one of the best in the league''''.  If Marshy would walk into any other club then why hasn''t he?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Maik Taylor - Birmingham

Andy Lonergan - Preston

Radek Cerny - QPR

[/quote]

Unless, I''m mistaken, that''s 5 WAY49? Don''t you just hate the lack of an ''edit'' button!?

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Maik Taylor - Birmingham

Andy Lonergan - Preston

Radek Cerny - QPR

[/quote]

Unless, I''m mistaken, that''s 5 WAY49? Don''t you just hate the lack of an ''edit'' button!?

[/quote]

Not really, do you?

Jonzey, we all know that Nelson is the number 2 keeper.

''Who is he?'' was a rhetorical question to stimulate the thinking process regarding issues such as his ability, his history in the game, the sale of Joe Lewis, etc.

You can correct your own spelling mistakes, we all make them, probably due to our haste in transferring thoughts to the keyboatrd.

If my  memory serves me correctly there were 4 or 5 for you to go at.