Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

So Roeder goes...who would you bring in?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="The Lord"]People always bring up bowen but the bloke (correct me If im wrong here) has never even coached in england

[/quote]

He is currently the assistant manager of Man City and before that Blackburn ...

[/quote][:$] my mistake...I think I''m thinking of Ian Crook, who''s coaching at sydney fc?! yeah of course, bowen is at man city...completely forgot about that. He''s obvisusly a good coach but I would still much prefer to have an experienced manager at the helmNigel Clough, sorry but no way...if were going down that route we might as well add peter taylor to the list...although atleast we''d probably stop concedding as many

[quote user="norfolkchance1"][quote user="Mark .Y."]

Would like to see Nigel Clough given a chance myself.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Read somewhere that he is off to Forest, whereever he goes his surname will be a lead weight unless he does something straight away. You need to make an impression like Darren Ferguson if you''ve got a famous surname.

[/quote]

It would be a good start if he could keep us up...........

mark cooper manager at kettering town ..They have knocked lincoln and notts county out of the fa cup and had them sitting on top of the bsp for a while this year and there still in the contention with games in hand.brilliant young manager who has got kettering playing the best football i have seen in years...

[quote user="Titanic"]

Instead of going for the spent old names what about the Swansea    

[/quote]

think you will find i said Martinez.... although why would he leave them to taks a step down and join us?

jas :)

[quote user="The Lord"]Hypothetically speaking, who would we relistically be able to bring in, who could save our season, with barely 14 permenant players and a transfer war chest of £0...times like this you need a man who knows the league, has plenty of experience and as much as I hate to say it, someone like Neil Warnock...so who could we bring in?

The only man I can think off so far is Iain Dowie, obviously no compensaton would have to be paid, has plenty of passion, never really completely struggled at a club, good job at oldham, good job at palace, and not giving enough time at coventry or qpr
[/quote]

it really doesn''t matter, you could appoint anyone, it wouldnt make much difference. You have given the clue in that we only have 14 senior players and no "lovely investment" we really are doomed this time, the damage has been done, years of uninvestment in players and selling off the best of our own.

I really had to laugh at all the Roeder out chants near the end. once again the brain dead have picked on the wrong target, just as they did to start off with during the Chase debacle. 

[quote user="dielectric"]you really have got blinkers on mate if you think roeders not the problem the mans a quick fix specilast nothing more ...[/quote]

well let''s just see then, shall we? A year ago Grant was the main problem, now it''s Roeder, if (God forbid) we still have the same Board then in less than a years time it''s lilely to be some other poor mug of a Manager whose head is on the chopping block. Personally I don''t think GR will be sacked, because I don''t think we even have enough money to pay him off.

Only one i can think of is dublin, but hey we got no money, the fans are going to scare managers away when they boo, so face it, we''ve got a chance in hell.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="dielectric"]you really have got blinkers on mate if you think roeders not the problem the mans a quick fix specilast nothing more ...[/quote]

well let''s just see then, shall we? A year ago Grant was the main problem, now it''s Roeder, if (God forbid) we still have the same Board then in less than a years time it''s lilely to be some other poor mug of a Manager whose head is on the chopping block. Personally I don''t think GR will be sacked, because I don''t think we even have enough money to pay him off.

[/quote]

I really really cringe at blinkered fans still defending our pathetic manager!

A question for you -

How do Blackpool do better than us with crowds almost only a quarter of what we get?

How come Barnsley do better than us with crowds under half what we get?

I''d say that both these clubs would be less well of than us maybe to the point of both clubs combined wouldn''t have our finances, so using our undoubted financial shortfalls (that most clubs have as well!) as an excuse for Roeders failing just doesn''t fit!

It''ll be cheaper to sack Roeder now rather than leave it too late!

Young, ambitious, able to work with limited funds, knows the lower Leagues, admits his errors, doesn''t let personality clashes cloud his selection and hiring and firing decisions!

The above managerial qualities are ideal for the man we need to take over from Roedernowhere!

[quote user="max"]Only one i can think of is dublin, but hey we got no money, the fans are going to scare managers away when they boo, so face it, we''ve got a chance in hell.[/quote]

Dublin would no doubt command more respect than Roedernowhere and would also make better decisions!

You expect fans to cheer while watching sh*te like we had to put up with today?

In fact I thought the Barclay gave the team good support today but when the gameplan went to bits they rightfully vented their anger at whats happening to our great club!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="max"]Only one i can think of is dublin, but hey we got no money, the fans are going to scare managers away when they boo, so face it, we''ve got a chance in hell.[/quote]

Dublin would no doubt command more respect than Roedernowhere and would also make better decisions!

In fact I thought the Barclay gave the team good support today but when the gameplan went to bits they rightfully vented their anger at whats happening to our great club!

[/quote]

Im a fan, a very loyal one, i expect myself not to boo my own team, and if you like booing your OWN team, then i''d rather think you dont support norwich.

[quote user="max"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Im a fan, a very loyal one, i expect myself not to boo my own team, and if you like booing your OWN team, then i''d rather think you dont support norwich.

[/quote]

Myself:

Best part of 30 years following NCFC, regularly going to games and been to about 600 official games and many other friendlies. I''ve seen Norwich play at over 90 different grounds, been on 5 overseas tours and was going when we struggled to average 13,000 in the top flight. - This suggests that I indeed am a very loyal supporter of Norwich City!

If you can beat that you''ve done well, but I suspect I''ve forgotton more games than what you''ve been to!

If your happy with our current slide to possible 3rd tier football for the 1st time in nearly 49 years then your easily pleased!

I hate booing the side but it gets the message across that all is not well!

And I''ll be back again and again, season after season when undoubtedly many of the ''Johnie come lately'' fans of the last 8 years have gone!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="max"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Myself:

Best part of 30 years following NCFC, regularly going to games and been to about 600 official games and many other friendlies. I''ve seen Norwich play at over 90 different grounds, been on 5 overseas tours and was going when we struggled to average 13,000 in the top flight. - This suggests that I indeed am a very loyal supporter of Norwich City!

If you can beat that you''ve done well, but I suspect I''ve forgotton more games than what you''ve been to!

If your happy with our current slide to possible 3rd tier football for the 1st time in nearly 49 years then your easily pleased!

[/quote]

I underestimated you, and im glad to see that you''ll keep on supporting us, i miss the days of us being unbeaten at our fortress of carrow road, the games when i was thinking how MUCH we would WIN by, not whether we would win or loose, but we cant have that all the time :(...

LOL @ most of you!You want to replace an experienced manager with good contacts throughout the game with unproven managers or ex players that have never managed? Some of course have choosen likely targets like Curbishly, but seriously you might as well say Arsen Wenger or Sir Alex...GR isnt the problem!

Does Rampton have any good managers,you would really have an advantage being diagnosed "criminally insane"to have anything to do with the current board!

When Worthy was sacked, most of the fans were clamouring for Alan Curbishley. When Grant left, Paul Jewell was one of the most prominent names bandied around. Both are currently without a club, as are Aidy Boothroyd and Paul Ince. Trouble is, though, Roeder won''t walk because he knows the board can''t afford to pay him off – it''s another Worthington situation developing. Unless Roeder walks, it''s not going to happen, and we''ll probably have Delia and Doncaster telling us in the summer how they have total faith in Glenn and believe he''s the man to guide us back to the ''promised land'' of the Championship...

[quote user="Coelho"]When Worthy was sacked, most of the fans were clamouring for Alan Curbishley. When Grant left, Paul Jewell was one of the most prominent names bandied around. Both are currently without a club, as are Aidy Boothroyd and Paul Ince. Trouble is, though, Roeder won''t walk because he knows the board can''t afford to pay him off – it''s another Worthington situation developing. Unless Roeder walks, it''s not going to happen, and we''ll probably have Delia and Doncaster telling us in the summer how they have total faith in Glenn and believe he''s the man to guide us back to the ''promised land'' of the Championship...[/quote]Curbishly, Jewell and Ince are not realistic targets. Boothroyd is a worse option the GR.