Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

So Roeder goes...who would you bring in?

Hypothetically speaking, who would we relistically be able to bring in, who could save our season, with barely 14 permenant players and a transfer war chest of £0...times like this you need a man who knows the league, has plenty of experience and as much as I hate to say it, someone like Neil Warnock...so who could we bring in?The only man I can think off so far is Iain Dowie, obviously no compensaton would have to be paid, has plenty of passion, never really completely struggled at a club, good job at oldham, good job at palace, and not giving enough time at coventry or qpr

[quote user="jetstream"]If Roeder went then Curbishley is free. .[/quote]

I very much doubt Curbishley would come here. But we can hope ...

The only man I can think off so far is Iain Dowie, obviously no compensaton would have to be paid, has plenty of passion, never really completely struggled at a club, good job at oldham, good job at palace, and not giving enough time at coventry or qpr

Dowie isn''t even up to the job as a pundit on Sky Sports!!

I doubt it too but I''d prefer him to Dowie any day - people criticise Roeder for being a ''one season'' manager but the same charges can be laid against Dowie.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]As in my previous thread, Crook or Bowen...never Dowie[/quote]Well said that man....When i was down south my CP mates loved him but at the end slated him as a dishonorable and decietful....With what we have at the mo... do we need any more?

John Cooper and Jetstream. Would you not have Dowie here over Roeder? Look at the job Dowie did at Crystal Palace the year we both got promoted I think it was ...

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

i think dublin has the intelligence to be a cracking manager.

[/quote]

and also no experience... drop him in at the deep end in a relegation fight and see if he sinks or swims? hope you have your armbands Dion! ditto Malky

Roberto Martinez or Paul Ince.... no one else can be seriously considered imo.....

Martinez took Swansea up on a sshoe string and with a bit more cash and some decent results could do it again this season....

Ince worked wonders at chester and MK Dons... Blackburn were too soon for him, he needs somehwere he can go to get his reputation in the game back on track.. also, he wont suffer fools gladly and might actually toughen up some of our players... Ince liked a tackle in his day and his players at his previous clubs have been the same.

jas :)

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]John Cooper and Jetstream. Would you not have Dowie here over Roeder? Look at the job Dowie did at Crystal Palace the year we both got promoted I think it was ...[/quote]

But Shaun the point is not would I have Dowie over GR, its like saying would I have a totally crap manager over just a crap one.  What we need is some one who can move the club forward, I do not think that man is Dowie...do you?

No, look at the mess he made when he left Palace "by mutual consent" and got sued by Simon Jordan.

He then made a mess of things at Charlton (15 games in charge) and then Coventry when he tried to leave to go to Leicester (allegedly).

Then he made a mess of things at QPR and left after 5 months in charge.

Everywhere he goes he falls out with the owners - what''s so great about him??

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]John Cooper and Jetstream. Would you not have Dowie here over Roeder? Look at the job Dowie did at Crystal Palace the year we both got promoted I think it was ...[/quote]

But Shaun the point is not would I have Dowie over GR, its like saying would I have a totally crap manager over just a crap one.  What we need is some one who can move the club forward, I do not think that man is Dowie...do you?

[/quote]

I see your point and it is a fair one at that. But I would class Dowie as a decent manager rather than a totally crap one. So yes, in my opinion, I would prefer a decent manager (in Dowie) over a totally crap manager (in Roeder).

Although having said that, their are other options I would be more satisfied with. Such as Bowen or Phelan or obviously Curbishley.

[quote user="jetstream"]No, look at the mess he made when he left Palace "by mutual consent" and got sued by Simon Jordan. He then made a mess of things at Charlton (15 games in charge) and then Coventry when he tried to leave to go to Leicester (allegedly). Then he made a mess of things at QPR and left after 5 months in charge. Everywhere he goes he falls out with the owners - what''s so great about him??[/quote]

He did a brilliant job at Oldham, which convinced Palace to go for him. He then got them promoted somehow, after they had been struggling, and it went all downhill from the moment he left Palace. I still think he has the potential to be a great manager though.

[quote user="jetstream"]No, look at the mess he made when he left Palace "by mutual consent" and got sued by Simon Jordan. He then made a mess of things at Charlton (15 games in charge) and then Coventry when he tried to leave to go to Leicester (allegedly). Then he made a mess of things at QPR and left after 5 months in charge. Everywhere he goes he falls out with the owners - what''s so great about him??[/quote]

That is all true jetstream. But I can''t ignore what a great job he did getting Crystal Palace promoted after taking over with them in the relegation places. With that in mind I can''t help but think Dowie would do a decent job here. I do understand what you and some of the other posters are saying though.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

He did a brilliant job at Oldham, which convinced Palace to go for him. He then got them promoted somehow, after they had been struggling, and it went all downhill from the moment he left Palace. I still think he has the potential to be a great manager though.

[/quote]

Thats what I mean. What he showed at Palace and Oldham has given me the idea he has the potential to be a great manager for us. And anything has got to be better than Glenn Roeder. I have never rated Roeder and never wanted him here from day one.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[/quote]

I see your point and it is a fair one at that. But I would class Dowie as a decent manager rather than a totally crap one. So yes, in my opinion, I would prefer a decent manager (in Dowie) over a totally crap manager (in Roeder).

Although having said that, their are other options I would be more satisfied with. Such as Bowen or Phelan or obviously Curbishley.

[/quote]

Fair paly, I would agree some might think he is a good manager (Dowie) just not me.....anyway we have to get rid of GR first!  LOL

In my opinion Dowie is much more like Worthington like Roeder, indeed had he not gone to Northern Ireland the two would have very similiar cv''s indeed...People always bring up bowen but the bloke (correct me If im wrong here) has never even coached in england let alone managed in our league, yes he would be a popular appointment with the fans but would he be able to get us out of this messAs for curbishley there''s no way he would come here, here''s another like roeder that I get the opinion is quite arrogant and thinks he''s better then he actually isMalky Mackay / Dion Dublin would be an interesting one, both of them certaintly have bags of experience from their playing days and indeed both are very bright and will make good coaches but would they need an expereinced manager head alongside? in which case I never like that..as for me there should be one figure head, not two or 3

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

and also no experience... drop him in at the deep end in a relegation fight and see if he sinks or swims? hope you have your armbands Dion! ditto Malky

Roberto Martinez or Paul Ince.... no one else can be seriously considered imo.....

Martinez took Swansea up on a sshoe string and with a bit more cash and some decent results could do it again this season....

Ince worked wonders at chester and MK Dons... Blackburn were too soon for him, he needs somehwere he can go to get his reputation in the game back on track.. also, he wont suffer fools gladly and might actually toughen up some of our players... Ince liked a tackle in his day and his players at his previous clubs have been the same.

[/quote]

Chester?  I think you''ll find that it was Macclesfield.  Ince is an awful manager though, all he does is bully players & fines them.  Martin Allen did all the hard work at the Dons before Ince came in & even then it was Mathias that did all the work.  Ince only got the job because he was a big name, same with Blackburn.

[quote user="The Lord"]

People always bring up bowen but the bloke (correct me If im wrong here) has never even coached in england

[/quote]

He is currently the assistant manager of Man City and before that Blackburn ...

[quote user="RustysRevenge"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Chester?  I think you''ll find that it was Macclesfield.  Ince is an awful manager though, all he does is bully players & fines them.  Martin Allen did all the hard work at the Dons before Ince came in & even then it was Mathias that did all the work.  Ince only got the job because he was a big name, same with Blackburn.

[/quote]

Macclesfield! thats it! thanks... didnt think i was right!

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

Would like to see Nigel Clough given a chance myself.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Read somewhere that he is off to Forest, whereever he goes his surname will be a lead weight unless he does something straight away. You need to make an impression like Darren Ferguson if you''ve got a famous surname.