Sign in to follow this  
Flick Fleck

Championship? Pah!

Oh how sweet is this Premiership life?

Just checked on the BBC latest scores, and have had one of those ''wake up and smell the coffee'' epiphanies... It made great reading, looking at the ''Championship'' (Pah!) scores: Leeds 1 Derby 0 (res), Binners being held 1-1 by Gillingham, good ole'' Wigan 1 up against Watford, QPR holding Rotherham 1-1 in their first game back in Div 1. Etcetera...

And then came the epiphany. WE...ARE...NO...LONGER...THERE! No more Ninian Park, no more Monkey-Man Royle, no more Crewe away on a Wednesday, no more ''aiming for the play-offs''. No more ''Back in the Good Old Days'' or ''It''s a tough division to get out of'' talk.

We got out. And these are the Good Old Days.

I''ve spent 9 long, hard, testing years looking at fixture lists, Div 1 tables and latest scores, and scouring the little news that I get out here in my far-off exile for even an iota of Norwich news. I''ve suffered the piss-takes, and the false empathetic ''You were quite good once'' from mates and strangers alike. Enough! Stop!

It''s just beginning to really sink in... Promotion was a dream world, but then the close season has been a fraught rumour-laden and far too tense period... And now the countdown is on. Let the Binners scrap it out down there, we''ve got many a bigger fish to fry now... Bring it on!

Norwich are back!

Halleluliah, Praise be to Nigel!!

What I don''t understand is that everyone is saying that if you have a bit of money you''ll get out of that division. We ddin''t spend loads of money and we got out. We just had quality players, a quality manger, a good board and backroom staff, good team spirit, of and exceleent fans who don''t get on the players back after losing 1 game.

Agree with gazza but would add one other ingrediant to belief and thats team spirit.
With both of these this year we will surprise some of our doubters.
Bring it on!