Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

How much could we sell/raise without weakening?

We clearly need to raise money for either player purchases or loans.  We clearly have almost no assets and cant sell the few players who are currently playing, but just wondering what we can get, going on Football Manager wage estimates:

Chadwick has gone, and if FM is right, he was on 5k, so not bad.

Antoine, FM estimates about 6.5k a week is our contribution.

Lappin, could we get 50k or something with contract being up, estimated wage on FM about 2.5k.

JC could or should we get about 200k for him?  Would you take it?  plus might be a wage of 5k off budget?

Kennedy gone, but probably 4k wages.

Lupoli is the most curious, FM puts us paying all his wages of 12k, but I cant imagine that, and would like him to stay and get games anyway.

Personally I dont see anhy of these departures taking a thing away from the first team, or even the first 15.  I figure we might raise 250k and knock off 23k a week of wages, with Kennedy going back too, which through to the end of the season (22weeks roughly till end of may), that would be £506k saved, roughly.  Although all these figures are very rough, surely with 750k saved, we could get a couple of players to add to the first team?

[quote user="gissing canary"]

We clearly need to raise money for either player purchases or loans.  We clearly have almost no assets and cant sell the few players who are currently playing, but just wondering what we can get, going on Football Manager wage estimates:

Chadwick has gone, and if FM is right, he was on 5k, so not bad.

Antoine, FM estimates about 6.5k a week is our contribution.

Lappin, could we get 50k or something with contract being up, estimated wage on FM about 2.5k.

JC could or should we get about 200k for him?  Would you take it?  plus might be a wage of 5k off budget?

Kennedy gone, but probably 4k wages.

Lupoli is the most curious, FM puts us paying all his wages of 12k, but I cant imagine that, and would like him to stay and get games anyway.

Personally I dont see anhy of these departures taking a thing away from the first team, or even the first 15.  I figure we might raise 250k and knock off 23k a week of wages, with Kennedy going back too, which through to the end of the season (22weeks roughly till end of may), that would be £506k saved, roughly.  Although all these figures are very rough, surely with 750k saved, we could get a couple of players to add to the first team?

[/quote]

Does Football Manager know how much we take each week from the car park? Give me strength!

Actually, you''d be wrong there.The Coca Cola leagues are licensed in the game (the Prem is not due to EA holding exclusive rights to that licence)Sports Interactive, the company behind Football Manager, send representatives to extensively research all aspects of the licensed clubs in game, and it is this which makes it, when played properly, an accurate representation of the real thing.In fact many managers scout players using the game, and among FM discovered talents are Zoran Tosic (believed to be joining Man City), Bojan Krkic (had very good stats in the 2006 edition) and Leo Messi of Barcelona (same as Bojan but in 05), also Marek Hamsik of Napoli or Lazio (Man Utd transfer target). All these players had fantastic stats in this and last years edition of the game, so clearly the scouts at world football clubs are playing catch up to the researchers of Sports Interactive.

Sounds daft, i''d be the first to admit, despite my love of the game. But the stats ain''t random. They have a massive army of scouts all over the globe, and are a useful outlet for many clubs to get a first bit of info on a player before they persue it further. If it wasn''t useful, then everton wouldn''t have employed FM as a scout to get first rights on their scouting network like they have. To sign someone simply on their FM rating however is daft, as players change all the time, and one weeks Amir Zaki can be next weeks Michael Rickets, this is where the game struggles.I do lose hope for the game, when i see Newcastle splash out £5m for John Kennedy, and Carl Cort ain''t even good enough for League 2 (i hope he''s too good!).As for wages, it gives a better indicatiton opposed to simply guessing, but i don''t think Stefanovic is on £20k per week