Sign in to follow this  
BBFF

Colney for sale?

I''ve been told by 2 different people that Colney is up for sale, one said for £5mil. Has anyone heard anything?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

i`ve heard the club shop is up for sale, that bloke near the bridge who sells mishaped hats with  strange looking yellow birds on the front has been asked if he will consider selling official merchandise on his stall, i saw neil doncaster talking to him on  sunday afternoon as i walked to the ground, they shook hands on it as i stood  there waiting to buy some thinsulate gloves [:D]

[quote user="wayne kerr"]

i`ve heard the club shop is up for sale, that bloke near the bridge who sells mishaped hats with  strange looking yellow birds on the front has been asked if he will consider selling official merchandise on his stall, i saw neil doncaster talking to him on  sunday afternoon as i walked to the ground, they shook hands on it as i stood  there waiting to buy some thinsulate gloves [:D]

[/quote]

that blokes been there years! i used to collect badges from him when i was a kid.. still got them somewhere.... my dad was chatting to him a few years ago and when he first set up the club werent happy with what he sold.. he never used to get to see the games either.. by the time he had packed his stall up the first half was nearly over.. not sure if its the same for him now... nice bloke as well...

jas :)

they wouldnt get anywhere near the money it cost to build, after all its only farm land thats been flattened and who would want it, as its not near enough for housing cos of the intructure it would need, the only thing is to get someone to buy it then lease it back

[quote user="Canary Nut"]Calm down, if I remember correctly there may be a planning restriction on what that land can be used for anyway.[/quote]very true CN...also - due to continuing lack of credit in the economy coupled with a severe recession, its been estimated that uk banks may be saddled with £60b of bad business debt this year...its been suggested, that rather than foreclose, the banks should swop this debt where feasible for a stake in the borrowers business and allow trading to continue...which given most of the uk banks are effectively nationalised means the government will end up owning huge swathes of businesses up and down the land...free market!!!wot free market???so, as well as offering colney out on a lend/lease type arrangement,,,can you see any value in NCFC swopping some debt commitments in return for colney NC??? or even if this is possible, re external (bank) debt or internal (directors loans)???

Anyway the Accounts (as at 31st May 2008) showed that £4m could be squeezed from the working capital. So why on earth would Colney be up for sale even if it was worth something (i.e. didnt have a planning restriction) in a tough market? Sounds like someones chain is being pulled. LOL!

What a load of b*llocks, with no other major sports clubs in the area any perspective buyer would essentially be paying millions for a field in Colney. Get a life.

most likely looking to sell to a private investor (Moore purchance) on a long term lease with an option to purchase back when money is better.  Its a good way to raise short term capital if the finances are that bad.  A 50 or 100 year lease would work as well.

Same here Jas, he had nicer badges than the club shops back way back when. Haven''t seen him lately though as don''t go to that end of the ground anymore on matchdays.