Sign in to follow this  
Dion Dublin=Legend

Team for tomorrow

If Glenn is planning to play 4-4-2 then I would like to see:

Marshall

Otsemobor     Omozusi     Docherty     Drury

Croft               Clingan      Russell          Bell

Lupoli        Sibierski

Although Bertrand wasn''t the problem in the back 4 on Sunday I''d bring back Drury for his extra experience and hope that he''d get things organised. Lupoli should definitely start, and I think he''d link up well with Sibierski with Cort to replace the latter after an hour or so. Pattison, Hoolahan and Bertrand would be on the bench.

However I think we''ll actually go with this:

Marshall

Otsemobor     Omozusi     Docherty     Bertrand

Croft              Clingan       Pattison       Bell

Russell        Lupoli/Sibierski

Marshall   

Otsemobor   Omozusi   Doherty Bertrand

Croft           Clingan     Russell   Bell

Lupoli   Sibierski

Pattison, Nelson, Drury, Renton, Cort

what are the chances croft will be missing with a recurrence of bad health or a niggle in training today... doesn''t want to be cup-tied does he?

given the small squad we haveand the need to keep players fit id start a slightly different side (god forbid glenn did this!)                             nelsonsemi            suzy               doherty         drury

bell             russell         fozzy              lappin

renton        sibssubs: marshall, bertrand, croft, clingan, adeyemimay as well rest a few because we CANNOT afford more injuries etc.

My Choice

Marshall

Otsemobor   Doherty(c)  Omozusi   Drury

Bell               Clingan         Pattison

Hoolahan      Sibierski

Cort/Lupoli

Bench: Nelson, Bertrand, Croft, Russell, Cort/Lupoli

Bell on the right where he belongs

Drury for the experience

Hoolahan & Sibierski in there correct positions and to discourge the long ball and spraying of 25-30 yard passes that always seem to find the opposition.

It''ll be:

Marshall

Semmy   Omosuzi   Doherty   Bertrand

Croft   Pattison   Russell   Klingon   Bell

Hoolahoop

Russell and Hoolahoop may be interchangeable

There''s absolutely no doubt in my mind what team he will pick....                   MarshallSemmy   Omuzusi      Doherty      BertrandCroft   Clingan       Pattison      Bell                       Hoolahan                                Sibierski

I would be very surprised If either russell or drury was playing to be honest, he''ll play the 4-5-1 with the useless cart upfront, what amazes me is why he signed carl cort when he himself has omitted it will take him up to 3 months to get match fit!

all wrong its obvious what hes going to play. Fotheringham is injured but would have started apparently and sib is definietly starting:

Marshall

Otsemobor Omozousi Doherty Bertrand

Croft Clinghan patterison bell

hoolahan

Sibierski

Bench: Nelson, Drury, Russell, Lupoli, Cort

If he plays this i hope we loose and he''s sacked.

This is what we should play:

Marshall

Otsemobor Doherty Lappin Drury

Clinghan patterson

Croft Hoolahan

Sibierski Lupoli

Bench: Omouzsi, Bell, Russell, Lupoli, Adeyemi

[quote user="olej"]all wrong its obvious what hes going to play. Fotheringham is injured but would have started apparently and sib is definietly starting: Marshall Otsemobor Omozousi Doherty Bertrand Croft Clinghan patterison bell hoolahan Sibierski Bench: Nelson, Drury, Russell, Lupoli, Cort If he plays this i hope we loose and he''s sacked. This is what we should play: Marshall Otsemobor Doherty Lappin Drury Clinghan patterson Croft Hoolahan Sibierski Lupoli Bench: Omouzsi, Bell, Russell, Lupoli, Adeyemi[/quote]

Not forgetting it''s 7 on the subs bench for FA cup 

Even better than pete, that means hes going to have to give the youngsters a chance if he likes it or not.

His bench will be:

Nelson, Drury, Russell, Lupoli, Cort, Adeyemi and Lathrope. But he might aswell register michael and Delia on the bench instead of the last two, more of a chance they might come on.

My bench would be: Nelson, Omouzsi, Bell, Russell, Lupoli, Adeyemi, bertrand

Please refrain from making your preferred team selections:  Roeder might read this and do his best to choose every first eleven permutation  that isn''t on this thread.

What would be so wronge in playing the reserve team that beat Arsenal reserves,. the cup run for us will end tomorrow so lets throw caution to the wind and give them a go

Pete, if we loose this game roeder will be under more preasure and the team will hit rock bottom, charlton were dreadful last game. If we win with our first team squad it gives them confidence and also wont do anything to help charltons confidence who have not won in 16. Its a must win for both teams! Or a must loose if you want roeder out

i''m just looking at bookies to see if i can put a bet in russel starting upfront!! sure bet i reckon!Roeder - he''s a bloody midfielder - and not very good either!

[quote user="Flinty"]i''m just looking at bookies to see if i can put a bet in russel starting upfront!! sure bet i reckon!

Roeder - he''s a bloody midfielder - and not very good either!
[/quote]

If we do lose tomorrow I for one think Roeder should Quit,we can''t do any worse without a manager

Different formation for me to try to sure up the back but still provide some kind of attacking threat.

Therfore a 352 or 532 depending on which way you look at it.

Marshall

Omozusi      Docherty      Drury

Otsemobor                          Clingan                    Bertrand

Bell                              Pattison 

Cort    Lupoli         

Well thats my team.  no point sticky Croft in as he is probably in Sheffield having a medical.

If Lupo doesn''t play, then we can bet your bottom dollar that he will be gone by the end of the week. If he plays, he will score, I''m sure of that. I want some of the yoots to play a part in the game.

My choice would be:

Marsh,

Ouzo, Doc, Drury, Berty

Bell, Rusty, Clingfilm, Lupo

Croft

Sibi

Rudd

Semmy      Doc      Omozusi      Lappin

Eagle         Lathrope   Smith      Bell

Daley            Renton

We''re going out anyway, might as well give some youngsters a run out and save our ''first team'' for the competition that matters!!!

Marshall Emmy        Doc              kennedy (does he still play for us:S)        Dury    Croft                   Clingan              Russell                  Bell                                     Hoolahan (subbed for daley)                                         Lita

Roeder is likely to go for:

Marshall, Otsemobor, Omosuzi, Doherty, Bertrand, Croft, Clingan, Pattison, Russell, Bell and Sibierski

Subs: Nelson, Drury, Fotheringham, Hoolahan and Cort

Lupoli i would certainly play but Roeder won''t and in the last few league games away he has played 3 central midfielders (Pattison, Clingan and Fotheringham). However i think Russell will play instead of Hoolahan and Sibierski will take the lone strikers role with Russell beside him or just behind him.

The team i would pick would be:

Marshall, Omosuzi, Doherty, Drury, Bertrand, Croft, Clingan, Russell, Bell, Hoolahan, Lupoli

Subs: Nelson, Otsemobor, Pattison, Fotheringham and Sibierski

Otsemobor was useless against Forrest (as were many others) but i would drop him and give Drury a game at centre half). Pattison also to be dropped, he has been nothing short of hopless in the last 4 or 5 games and Lupoli deserves a chance.

Marshall

Otsem  Omozusi   Doc   Bertand

Croft      Clingan   Pattison

Lupoli

Russell

Sibierski

Lupoli   Sibierski                                                      SUBSTITUTES:             

Nelson
      Bertrand         Russel    Clingan      Croft                                       Bell               

Drury          Omuzuzi       Doherty   Otsemobor                                   Pattison

Marshall                                                              Renton

Cort

Daley

cant think of any other possible player

I see very little chance of Lupoli starting.

And in the #probable squad'' on the Pinkun, Lappin doesnt make the team? But Smith, Lathorpe, Adeyami do? I am not doubting their ability, but it seems Roeder, who prefers to use experience over youth, has put Lappin and Eagle at the back of the list. The very back.