Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4eva

HOLT OR SAFRI?

the holt/safri decision seems to be a big discussion point at that moment and i just wondered on who u guys..sorry and girls, would prefer to see in your starting line up? i would go for safri..he has the defensive qualities that are needed to help the defence out as well as a superb range of passes which would seem to unlock many defenses on the break, with a player who is like holt and mulryne, he seems to be a bigger threat than mr holt, although some people would like to start with holt due to past seasons, but i believe this is a differnt league, so a differnt structure would help start things as a fresh, and of course if safri doesnt match up to ''3 lungs'' tireless work rate then we always have the gingawiz to fall back on.i would be very stuck on who to choose, although i have gone for safri as he has had a reported great pre season and seems to be a great playmaker as well as a grafter..thoughts?

For me at the moment Holt would win every time as I feel it’s not a case of Holt or Safri it’s more like Safri competing for a place with Francis. I think Holt should be a definite starter this season because he had another good year. I can’t really judge Safri yet as I haven’t seen him play,but I would want Worthy to stick with Holt and Francis which done so well last season.

It is a ticky one to predict. As fans, I think it''s hard as we don''t know that much about Safri. I think it''s fair to say that when we signed him it was pretty out of the blue. I''m a massive fan of Holt and have been since he came here. He''s had a superb couple of years and I can see him continuing that into the Premiership. My gut reaction would be to stick with Holty, but as Worthy''s seen them train together everyday I think I''ll let him decide!!

I''d say Holt. Worthy didn''t drop Holt at all last season but he did drop Francis and many people believe that Francis is the better midfielder which suggests to me that Worthy will play Holt unless forced to do therwise.

All 3 played v. cambridge and, although it would be dangerous to draw any conclusions from that experience, it worked well in the first half. safri sat deep and passed and covered. the other 2 got forward more. holt didn''t get a nose bleed from being so near the opponent''s goal and made some excellent runs into wide positions on the left while francis was powerful down the middle. It could well be that Worthy will play a kind of Xmas tree formation with 4 at the back with safri just in front, then 4 across the middle with all of them allowed to break forward and only one up front. Although this offers a stronger defensive formation for the Prem. it could invite pressure. Anyway, I think that his pre season selections suggest that it is not an either/or situation.

I think Holt has being exceptional for us since his first season, however one point to note is the club not offering a contract to Holt until our Promotion was guarenteed. Does this then mean that if we didn''t get promoted Holty would not be at the club??? By view is that Worthy doesn''t nessessarily see Holty as a first teamer, but due to his loyalty and performances in recent seasons, worthy felt obliged to give him a contract and chance to impress

As the official website says Saffri''s scabby hernia won''t be healed in time its a fair bet it will be Holt.