Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Frys Evil Twin

Please not Primus, Please not Scowcroft!

Come on Worthy, you''ve done so well in the transfer market this pre-season, don''t mess it up now by bringing in 2 players who would rather be playing for someone else than Norwich!

If Scowcroft or Primus had stated that they would enjoy the challenge that playing for us would bring, I would welcome them. But Primus doesn''t seem keen on a move to us, and Scowcroft is an Ipswich fan, so we must be one of the teams he''d prefer not to play for.

I know once they pull on the shirt they become Norwich players, but I think they would be "bad apples" as Worthy would say. OK, maybe not bad apples, but not as good as the apples we''ve brought in so far!

I''d like to see the new defender and striker (hopefully) show some enthusiasm towards the club, and declare some interest in us instead of us forcing them to come.

For example, Jonson spoke to Swedish press 2 days before his move to Norwich, and showed real enthusiasm about the possible transfer, and it''s for this reason that I think he will be a good signing. He clearly wants to prove himself at this level, he is determined, that can only be good for the club.

Now let''s finish the good work, Nige, and get some more players who want to play for Norwich in!

couldn''t agree with you more dom jay

i remember scowcroft featuring on a look east special about one of the previous derby matches and he stated he was a born and bred ipswich lad

now i know people can be persuaded by money, but in his case he is not worth it, he really is no better than what we have, and in some cases not as good

let''s not waste our money, primus obviously doesn''t want to leave the portsmouth area, so good luck to both of them in staying where they are - we want players who will play for our shirt with pride

A couple of Pompey fans have now told me that Linvoy has signed his new contract. Much as this doesn''t benefit us I do think his loyalty to Portsmouth is commendable in this day and age. (Yes I know he got more money from them partly because of the leverage our interest in him gave him, but he did seem to be desperate to stay and said so from day one.) Anyway, that seems to be the end of it and we will be looking elsewhere no doubt.

Watched Pompey playing Panathanaikos whilst on holiday yesterday and their back 3 was minus Primus, could still be in the balance, I for one think that although we need a decent striker, we are crying out for a new centre half.

I don''t understand this loyalty towards Malky, he will drown at the top level against the likes of Henry, Owen, Cisse, Kezman, etc. He has been a great servant to the club and deserves to be a member of the squad but as a back up defender, please bring in a new centre half to partner either Fleming or Charlton.

what don''t you understand monkeyhater ,loyalty, or a player whose defending and goals got us to a play off final and into the premiership and how many"multimillion pound" players are "drowned" by the said strikers everyweek until he''s given a chance your comments are pure supposition about a player who deserves a by more" LOYALTY"!!