Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

new balls

we arrived quite early yesterday, took our seats in n&p stand and watched our young keeper louis ? (think thats his name) being put through his pace''s by the keeper coach, we noticed that when rolling the ball slowly over 25-30mtrs the ball wobbled at least 5cm as if being blown off cause by the wind or waited on one side in some way, this caused him to mis-kick slightly. I understand that these balls were used during euro 2004, did anyone hear any comments during the tournement ? or notice anything unusual during the game yesterday. One theory - 1st Wiz trying out something for the coming season??

The Premiership balls are Nike, as Nike won the contract, and have been supplying the balls for the last two(?) years.

The Euro 2004 balls (and the World Cup balls, not to mention Euro 2000 and France ''98) are made by adidas, which has the contract for supplying the balls for these international tournaments.

I wasn''t there yesterday, so I''m not sure which ball they used, but the Nike ball with the circles around it will be used in the Premiership, and it certainly won''t be the one they used in Euro 2004.