Sign in to follow this  
steve b

Roeder Out/Huckerby Back

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Not as manager, surely? Roeder needs to go, but don''t think Hucks would be managerial material.[/quote]no i''m not mental! i mean Huckerby back on the left wing!

Oh Ok, Stevo, was gonna say!!!

It''s hard to argue now though that he wouldn''t do a better job out there than what we''re watching these days.

it makes me laugh how people think Darren is sitting around at home waiting for us to simply call and he will ride to the rescue on a white stallion...

He belongs to San jose and would command a transfer fee.. which we cant afford!

besides, if he was to come back i do think people would realise just how off the pace he was in English football now...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

it makes me laugh how people think Darren is sitting around at home waiting for us to simply call and he will ride to the rescue on a white stallion...

He belongs to San jose and would command a transfer fee.. which we cant afford!

besides, if he was to come back i do think people would realise just how off the pace he was in English football now...

jas :)

[/quote]I agree, but i also think he''d have a bigger effect if he was played upfront, than, for example, Cureton.

He was the top newcomer to MLS, a list that included a few impressive names.  Huckerby would not have trouble adjusting back to the English game.  However, if he was manager, would he do the Grant/Roeder thing of trying to reinvent the wheel, or would he have sense enough to put the players who play well on the field in their natural position?  I doubt he would have himself on the bench as back-up keeper and Lupoli starting as central defense, but ya never know.  [;)]