Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

More Proof Roeder Doesnt Have A Clue

'''' and we will be as offensive as we can be in what we do in terms of playing two strikers.“I want to go there and win the game and attack as much as we can.''''Yet again another example that Roeder''s clueless. Yes i know its Charlton but we down there with them. They have a new manager in Parkinson, are at home, and its the FA Cup so will be a welcome distraction from the league so they should be up for it.Has he learnt absolutely nothing from the Forest defeat?We have shipped 6 goals in the last two matches and the goals against tally since Oct 28 reads as follows:Played 13Conceded 263,3,0,2,2,0,3,2,1,3,2,2,3 goals conceded every match for last 13 matchesThe defence looked a shambles against Forest, with only Doherty the only player in the back 4 offering any sort of brick wall against an attack 2nd from bottom. This has been the norm for the entire season and the reason we keep losing games.Roeder''s gung ho tactics regardless of the opposition or whether were home or away is our undoing every match, and it makes poor teams like Watford and Forest look good because we gift them 2 or 3 goals on the counter attack and we lose yet another match we should have won.Our main problem from what i can see is that Bertrand and Otsemobor are instructed to attack and support Croft and Bell whenever we have possession. This is always leaving us vulnerable on the counter attack. The majority of the oppositions goals have come from counter attacks, which has left Doherty and Omozusi outnumbered, panic stations hit, mistakes are made and we concede. Then we attack some more, the same thing happens and weve conceded 2 and its game over.Now bearing this in mind you would think Roeder would be coming out and saying '''' were shipping 2 or 3 goals every single match and we keep getting hit on the break cause Bertrand and Semmy are too gung ho and Bell never tracks back. For a change this match were gonna keep it tight at the back, earn the right to play and then try and nick a goal or 2 at the other end ''''But no, what does he say?“I want to go there and win the game and attack as much as we can.''''Youve tried this way all season Glenn and where has it got us? Last 13 matches, 26 conceded, 9 lost. And the last match the defence looked an utter shambles against the team 2nd from bottom and we ship 3 goals against yet another poor side. A side who for 90 mins didnt deserve the win, nor did they play better, but were gifted 3 goals and 3 points by our tactics, defensive frailties and errors.Drury in, Bell out, one winger, traditional ''away'' team tactics, cleant sheet rule number 1 and nick a goal or two and progress to the next round.

I could handle that if I thought we could score more than two goals but Charlton are not very good and will not score more than two goals themselves so I think if we play like this then it will be 2-2.

Forest''s tactics worked a treat. As has every other side that came to Carrow Road and got 3 points.They know were gonna attack for 90 mins, so the game plan is to defend from the off and try and hit us on the break. It worked, they scored 3 and won. How many times have we seen this pattern of play in matches this season? In every single match weve lost.So its tactics that have been our undoing. And who''s fault is that?

Not sure I agree with you.  I imagine he wants to stay on the front foot and push Charlton back precisely because our defence is so bad?  At Carrow Road, they did nothing all game (and nor did we, to be honest) but they were restricted to counter-attacks which were poorly executed.  If we let Charlton come forward and attack, and we try to counter (without any quick players now Leroy''s gone) we are looking at leaking goals.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Not sure I agree with you.  I imagine he wants to stay on the front foot and push Charlton back precisely because our defence is so bad?  At Carrow Road, they did nothing all game (and nor did we, to be honest) but they were restricted to counter-attacks which were poorly executed.  If we let Charlton come forward and attack, and we try to counter (without any quick players now Leroy''s gone) we are looking at leaking goals.[/quote]Were leaking goals now, against poor sides. So the point is surely we should be first off looking to keep a clean sheet and build from there. Weve got no Lita so where are the goals gonna come from?If we attack attack attack 2moro and we dont get that goal you know whats going to happen.

Forest''s tactics worked a treat. As has every other side that came to Carrow Road and got 3 points.

They know were gonna attack for 90 mins, so the game plan is to defend from the off and try and hit us on the break. It worked, they scored 3 and won.

How many times have we seen this pattern of play in matches this season? In every single match weve lost.

So its tactics that have been our undoing. And who''s fault is that?

Disagree on certain points Barclayman. If you watched the game against Forest before xmas on sky you will have realised that this is the style Forest adopt at home aswell - with the lightning pace of Nathan Tyson up front the outlet everytime.

I disagree that Semmy pushes too far forward (and this is tactics) in fact he doesn''t get forward enough for my liking - but thats probably because he is the worst positional defender i''ve seen at Norwich for a while and the reason why Roeder has replaced him in this position at every opportunity. He is only playing at the moment because Oz is playing in the middle.

You are right however that we can''t defend - that is clear for all to see - but that isn''t poor tactics, its just poor defending - so you can''t pin that one on Roeder however much of a personal axe you seem to want to grind. Our defense has been shite since Malky left so I suppose you want to blame Roeder for the last 5 years defending aswell.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Not sure I agree with you.  I imagine he wants to stay on the front foot and push Charlton back precisely because our defence is so bad?  At Carrow Road, they did nothing all game (and nor did we, to be honest) but they were restricted to counter-attacks which were poorly executed.  If we let Charlton come forward and attack, and we try to counter (without any quick players now Leroy''s gone) we are looking at leaking goals.[/quote]Were leaking goals now, against poor sides. So the point is surely we should be first off looking to keep a clean sheet and build from there. Weve got no Lita so where are the goals gonna come from?If we attack attack attack 2moro and we dont get that goal you know whats going to happen.[/quote]Yeah, agreed... but if we sit back and defend, and try to counter without quick forwards (Sibs, Russell, Lupoli''s not that quick either) then I think I also know what''s going to happen.I think we need to play another high tempo pressing game.  We''re good at this when we can be bothered, but I''m not sure how much the players want to play for Roeder any more.

The facts are that weve played 13, conceded 26 and lost 9 the last 2 months.So what is the main reason for that?The defence. And when youve got an attack that is as poor as ours, even more so now Lita''s gone, we should be changing our tactics to at least not get beat, keep a clean sheet and go from there.You cant argue weve lost certain games due to counter attack goals vs very poor teams.All Roeder''s talking about tho is attack attack attack.Lets just see what happens 2moro. If we win 4-1 ill post again and say i was wrong. But if we lose and its counter attack goals and defensive mistakes again cause there''s only 2 defenders back there then its deja vu and ill be right, again.

This posting has really left me puzzled i wish we attacked more and push our opponents onto the back foot more often .

I admit  i do not see every match for various reasons but the only times we [ took the game to the opposition ] we played entertaining and looked like a  TEAM  .

We struggle to defend since loosing the centre of defence and we badly need a  right-back  Semmy is prone to dreaming at crucial times and so gets caught out whether attacking or defending , Bertrand is also going through a real rough patch but just how fit is  Drury  other fans have said he often has to stand on the coach after away matches [ which does not sound great ] .

On another point Gow has suddenly become a star striker as Wolves name is linked with him , it seems any way at blaming Roeder for signing or not signing players some fans jump on the bandwagon .

I  have supported Roeder up to now but like every fan there comes a time when results have to improve or the inevitable  happens [ the term sack him or back him comes to mind ]  if they back him funds have to be found  but should they decide the opposite the new manager must have time to work while the transfer window is open  so a decision is needed  A.S.A.P .....

.Lets face it it will be a miracle if a buyer is found before the summer so we need to lay off the board as i still believe they are doing the bast they can for  OUR club and do not want to see it ruined as some might think , like us they are fans of the canaries not enemies .

I much prefer attacking football to watch and the best form of defence is attack. Brazil springs to mind!

But as another poster pointed out, we don''t really ''attack'', we just pass the ball about from defence to midfield and back again. Possession is not the same thing as attacking. Basically our defence is bad and our strikeforce is bad. So whether we attack all game or defend all game, we''re still likely to lose.

Not sure why but I''m in a really despondent mood today!

This post has just reminded me of our away game at charlton last season. Peter Grant got completed slated on here for only playing 1 up top and playing for the draw. Roeder has said he wants to win the game, and gets slated for it.

Look, I''m not a big Roeder fan at the moment, but come on, let''s not critise just for the sake of it.

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

This post has just reminded me of our away game at charlton last season. Peter Grant got completed slated on here for only playing 1 up top and playing for the draw. Roeder has said he wants to win the game, and gets slated for it.

Look, I''m not a big Roeder fan at the moment, but come on, let''s not critise just for the sake of it.

[/quote]Jesus you complete idiot. The theme of this thread is not to slate Roeder because he said he wants to win the game.I have used his statement of ''lets attack as much as we can'' as a starting point for the opinion that our defence is an utter shambles, we concede 2 or 3 goals every game so you would think maybe Roeder would be talking about keeping a clean sheet for once rather than attack attack attack. As most of the goals we concede are scored on the counter attack.

I always try to post reasoned opinion for people to debate, and start my posts with a particular subject.Never do i criticise for the sake of it.

You are also let down by the usual Scottish goalkeeper who you all rate to pieces and I don''t.

He wouldn''t make my team and he hasn''t made Scotland either.

More Proof...

Why won''t he let Cureton play for Barnsley in  thr FA Cup today. He clearly doesnt rate him, as despite a striker crisis he wont be coming back to us for a further two months. So if he''s not in the plans, whats the point in banning him; unless we are still going to be in the FA Cup in two months time, and all of sudden Roeder thinks Cureton is the best thing since sliced bread...it realy doesnt make sense.

The best explanation, reading Rodents comment son JC is that they dont get on, and Roeder is being childish and doesnt want Cureton to play against a premiership side becasue he doesnt deserve it.

Archant: Get an explanation from GR as to why!!!!

[quote user="Huddy "]

More Proof...

Why won''t he let Cureton play for Barnsley in  thr FA Cup today. He clearly doesnt rate him, as despite a striker crisis he wont be coming back to us for a further two months. So if he''s not in the plans, whats the point in banning him; unless we are still going to be in the FA Cup in two months time, and all of sudden Roeder thinks Cureton is the best thing since sliced bread...it realy doesnt make sense.

The best explanation, reading Rodents comment son JC is that they dont get on, and Roeder is being childish and doesnt want Cureton to play against a premiership side becasue he doesnt deserve it.

Archant: Get an explanation from GR as to why!!!!

[/quote]the sad fact is Huddy that this is as plausible a reason as any other.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

You are also let down by the usual Scottish goalkeeper who you all rate to pieces and I don''t.

He wouldn''t make my team and he hasn''t made Scotland either.

[/quote]

And exactly how many times have you watched him play this season?