Sign in to follow this  
Being Jan Kristiansen...

NCFC Best Team

Green

Helveg (an other) Charlton Drury

Jonsson Safri Francies Bentley

Hux Sven

If we get another Center Back we will have a good chance of staying up. Maybe get another striker in the transfer window once we know more about the current squad.

Nah it will be

Green

Helveg Malk Flem Drury

Bentley Holt Mulryne Mcveigh

Mckenzie Abbey

Subs

Gallacher
Charlton
Francis
Huckerby
Jonson

I think worthy intends 2 play zema if not he wouldnt stil be here!

Yes current squad the strongest lineup is:

Green
Helveg,Charlton,Fleming,Drury
Jonson,Safri,Francis,Bentley
Huckerby,Svensson

Has a nice balanced look about it!

Indeed, but as Safri is recouperating from an operation Gary should get the nod for the first game at least.

It''s really handy signing Jonson as he can play on either wing, along with Bentley, so we can mix it up alot on the fly. Also they are both capable of playing upfront, so we can pack the bench full of midfielders and still have plenty of attacking options.

A big pacey defender and I will cream myself in anticipation over the new season! :/ :D

Jon Francis,

I assume you are joking about Abbey?! I agree he''s been told he''s here to prove himself, but Worthy would not ''risk'' him in the first game surely, when Svensson''s had a cracking pre-season. If he starts in the first match, i''ll become an ipswich supporter - it just ain''t gonna happen! (well i bloody hope not anyway, now i''ve said that)

Jon Francis - Abbey will not stary in a hundred years, Mulryne is somewhere down the pecking order and I think Mcveigh is unlikely.

as things stand it will be, in my opinion:

green
helveg fleming charlton drury
jonson holt/safri francis bentley
huckerby svensson

I''ve also read on numerous websites and in newspaper articles that Bentley is happy on either wing, though his preffered position is just off the main striker a-la Bergkamp.

To be honest, though, I don''t mind where he plays, the good thing is that we got him despite the interest from West Brom, West Ham, Bolton, etc. We done good!

....here we go....

Green

Helveg....flem....charlton(untill we sign taller/faster cb)...drury

jonson...holt...francis...huckerby

svensson...bentley

worthy has the option of interchanging bentley with huckerby througout a game and seeing whats working best!!

Green

Helveg Shackell Charlton Brennan
Jonson Safri Francis Bentley
Svensson Hucks

Shackell - because we are lacking height at the back.
Brennan - because I think he is a better alround footballer than Drury.
Safri - because I think Holt is a yard too slow and 6 inches too short for the Prem.
Francis - because he is a powerful force and thats whats needed in the Prem.

Rest pick themselves.

OTBC

Green

Helveg Fleming Charlton Drury
(for now unless we sign another centre back)

Jonson Holt Francis Bentley
(Safri to give good competition to Francis and Jonson on the wing unless Scowcroft comes)

Huckerby Svensson
(unless we sign another striker)

I also think Jarvis and Shackell should be in the squad, but both are no where near ready to actually be starting yet, Holt has got to be in the team as he has been superb over the last couple of years, while Fleming got player of the year last season so therefore he deserves his place in the team.

Apologies for my previous post. It appears that Bentley does play on the left! Sorry. Hmm in that case:

Green

Helveg Charlton Flem Drury

Jonson Holt Francis Bentley

Sven Hucks

Possibly swap Bentley and Hucks over though

Green''s on his way i reckon and Brennan has to play otherwise the defence are going to be very busy. Sven to make way for new striker when NW finds someone better.

Gallagher or Ward

Edworthy Charlton Flem Drury

Jonson Holt Francis Brennan

Sven Hucks

Subs

Gallagher or Ward
Helveg
Saffri
Bentley
McKenzie

DD, having seen yesterday''s game I came home and wrote down the exact same eleven as yourself to start the Palace match, that is if no one else signs between now and then, although the later in the week anything happens the less likely someone new is to start, of course.
I usually hate rumours that come from tenuous links to people who claim to know people, and I promise I wouldn''t write this if I didn''t know the two people involved, but I can confirm that a new striker and a central defender are top priority, for this week if possible, and by the end of August if not this week. That comes from someone very well respected on the board yesterday, and was said to a friend of his and mine, and I know the board member too - well, so I know that he wouldn''t say it unless he meant it. Sounds promising!

1. Green; 2. Helveg; 3. Drury; 4. Safri; 5. Fleming; 6. Charlton; 7. Jonson; 8. Huckerby; 9. Svensson; 10. Francis; 11. Bentley; Subs. Ward; Edworthy; Mackay; Holt; Mckenzie.