Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Time for Bertrand to improve...

With Bridge off to Man City, Bertrand is now Cole''s understudy... this might give him the kick up the backside he needs, as if he doesn''t start producing then he won''t cut it at Chelsea.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]With Bridge off to Man City, Bertrand is now Cole''s understudy... this might give him the kick up the backside he needs, as if he doesn''t start producing then he won''t cut it at Chelsea.

[/quote]

His future lies at Chelmsford, not Chealsea.

agreed choppolot - plastic has been an immense disappointment this term,,,he produced a couple of eyecatching displays at the backend of last season at left back, and there seemed to be a promise of more to come...alas - he has often looked average, and out of his depth - for someobdy of his obvious talent, he should be putting in more commanding performances...he, semmy and ozi - all look to have a touch of the ''chris waddles'' about them, in that they appear to be less energetic and caring than they probably are...what i would like to see from this young trio - is a keeness about them...in that they are alert and looking to develop their awareness of what and who is going on around them...i''d like to see these boys - checking and ajusting their posi''s in relation to who they are marking, or should be marking, that they are looking for danger, and reacting early to it, that they have more nouse than to lazily ball-watch, when they should be giving a quick look over their shoulde to see if their post is safe,,,etc,,,etc,,,etc...being good, or knowing you have the potential to be good is just the first step,that talent has been worked on and applied...i also doubt that this young trio are made of the right stuff in terms of their tackling abilities and strength,,,i''m not saying they should be like norman hunter, but that for me - they shy away from challenges, when they should be going in...

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Thats been the case for most of this season so whats different now?

[/quote]Er, the fact Wayne Bridge is joining Man City which puts Bertrand next in line.