Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Why do you NOT hate Roeder?

Just for balance''s sake...
  • He did a great job in keeping us up last season.
  • We buried the Binners and Wolves this season.
  • He has bought well with the money available and can spot a good young player - Clingan, Hoolahan, Bell.  They will all be sold for more than we paid for them.
  • He has got the best out of Croft and Doc.  Pattison has also improved.
  • He brings in better quality loan players than Grant ever could.
  • He has stopped Colney being a cosy "Costa del" by letting various lightweights and not-good-enoughs go out on loan.
  • He is operating under extraordinary financial constraints, made worse by the Turners walking out.
  • For all these reasons, I can''t honestly hate someone who I think is doing his best and trying his hardest.
Against this must be weighed his terrible PR, his unfortunate and arrogant public personality and that AGM appearance... but on reflection, and against the charges being laid against him elsewhere (clue: "he got rid of Brellier and Strihavka" is not a bad thing), I would be against sacking him at the moment.

As I said before.

1) Did a decent job keeping us up.
2) Brought Ched Evans in on loan
3) Brought Sammy Clingan to the club

Doesn''t really compare to my 30+ reasons why i DO hate him though...

fair points - but I would answer:

• He did a great job in keeping us up last season.  Actually, Ched Evans did a great job in keeping us up. And it nearly came unstuck.

• We buried the Binners and Wolves this season. Indeed - but was that despite GR? Just shows what the team is really capable of - why won''t they play like that for him?

• He has bought well with the money available and can spot a good young player - Clingan, Hoolahan, Bell. Doesn''t apply to all the loans though does it - with some exceptions: Sibs, Velasco, Archibald, Koroma etc - and what about Lupoli? 

• He has got the best out of Croft and Doc.  Pattison has also improved. Agree with Croft and Doc. Some would say Pattison needed to improve.

• He brings in better quality loan players than Grant ever could. No argument. But couldn''t anyone?!

• He has stopped Colney being a cosy "Costa del" by letting various lightweights and not-good-enoughs go out on loan. But has he gone too far? Today he bemoans the lack of squad numbers.

• He is operating under extraordinary financial constraints, made worse by the Turners walking out. So are a lot of other managers. We need a manage who can manage and motivate - not one who can only fire and hire and spend his way out of trouble.

I dont hate him, I think he has a good understanding of the game and tactically you cant fault his approach. However, he doesnt command respect because of his awful arrogance and bizzare team selections, for these reasons only I want him gone.

To be fair to him, he would leave behind him a greatly improved squad, all be it much smaller. I think a new manager would get results with this squad.

1. He let Huckerby go.

2. He frequrently puts players out of position.

3. He is living up to his reputation as a one-year-wonder.

4. He signs players, then criticizes them and doesn''t use them.                            Sincerely, Ipswich Fan 

As my username and my anti Roedernowhere posts suggests I loathe the bloke and think with good justification that he is no good for our club!

That said I think he has done some good moves but all in all the bad moves far far outweigh the good ones!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Just for balance''s sake...
  • He did a great job in keeping us up last season. - Before proceeding to break this capable squad up?
  • We buried the Binners and Wolves this season. -  Because the players can motivate themselves when they know that it means a lot to the fans.
  • He has bought well with the money available and can spot a good young player - Clingan, Hoolahan, Bell.  They will all be sold for more than we paid for them. This comment only goes to show how messed up the club is, you are quite right -  they will be sold. How about "They can be the foundations of a squad built to challenge in the top half in a couple of years"
  • He has got the best out of Croft and Doc.  Pattison has also improved. - He has got the best out of Croft but for the wrong reasons, his contract situation means that playing well is the best way to get a decent move away from Roeder, Doherty isn''t playing that well, he''s just better than the rest of Roeders shaky defence.
  • He brings in better quality loan players than Grant ever could. - And then proceeds not to play the best one?
  • He has stopped Colney being a cosy "Costa del" by letting various lightweights and not-good-enoughs go out on loan. - I would have Spillane over Fozzy in that team, and the players havent exactly responded well to Roeders changes have they?
  • He is operating under extraordinary financial constraints, made worse by the Turners walking out. - He has failed to successfully operate under these financial constraints, by wasting significant part of these resources of Koromo, Henville, Lupoli who he doesnt play, Sibierski who is crap and Stefanovic who is out for a year. I think that you will find that the next Robert Green was sacrificed for these awful signings, and that Sibierski has probably cost us the equivalent of the Chris Brown transfer fee.
  • For all these reasons, I can''t honestly hate someone who I think is doing his best and trying his hardest. - If he is doing his best, then he just is not cut out for the job, like Peter Grant before him. I could not hate Peter Grant because he admitted it and walked at no further expense to the club, he is a decent man. All Roeder cares about is his bank balance, I genuinely believe that.
Against this must be weighed his terrible PR, his unfortunate and arrogant public personality and that AGM appearance... but on reflection, and against the charges being laid against him elsewhere (clue: "he got rid of Brellier and Strihavka" is not a bad thing), I would be against sacking him at the moment.[/quote]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Just for balance''s sake...

• He has bought well with the money available and can spot a good young player - Clingan, Hoolahan, Bell.  They will all be sold for more than we paid for them.

• He has stopped Colney being a cosy "Costa del" by letting various lightweights and not-good-enoughs go out on loan.

• He is operating under extraordinary financial constraints, made worse by the Turners walking out.

• For all these reasons, I can''t honestly hate someone who I think is doing his best and trying his hardest.

Against this must be weighed his terrible PR, his unfortunate and arrogant public personality and that AGM appearance... but on reflection, and against the charges being laid against him elsewhere (clue: "he got rid of Brellier and Strihavka" is not a bad thing), I would be against sacking him at the moment.

[/quote]

Good points for and against but for me at the minute I agree with Chops that I am against sacking him for sure. Granted he has made mistakes but for me the guy is working with his hands well and truly tied behind his back, the lack of finance is a huge, huge disadvantage in football nowadays and every transfer window he is having to change five or six players. Nigh on impossible even for managers in the calibre of Sir Alex me thinks!.

We also have no finance to pay him off and what little finance we do have should be used (every last penny!) to back him into bringing in players capable of keeping us in this division!. 

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Just for balance''s sake...

[/quote]

Roeders had more money than most people make out and its unlikely that clubs like Preston, Barnsley, Plymouth, Blackpool and probably others have more funds than us!

I doubt he''d of done better if at all with with money!

The nowhereRoeder has to go!

Good points for and against but for me at the minute I agree with Chops that I am against sacking him for sure. Granted he has made mistakes but for me the guy is working with his hands well and truly tied behind his back, the lack of finance is a huge, huge disadvantage in football nowadays and every transfer window he is having to change five or six players. Nigh on impossible even for managers in the calibre of Sir Alex me thinks!.

We also have no finance to pay him off and what little finance we do have should be used (every last penny!) to back him into bringing in players capable of keeping us in this division!. 

[/quote]

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Just for balance''s sake...

[/quote]

Roeders had more money than most people make out and its unlikely that clubs like Preston, Barnsley, Plymouth, Blackpool and probably others have more funds than us!

I doubt he''d of done better if at all with with money!

The nowhereRoeder has to go!

[/quote]

What I was trying to say was that Roeders had more money than most people like to make out.  Its unlikely that clubs like Plymouth, Barnsley, Preston, Blackpool and no doubt others have more funds than us and yet are doing much better! 

The excuses are wearing thin now and I think paying Roeder off now will be cheaper than keeping him too long because the repercussions of League 1 will be far more costly!

i feel sorry for roedy in that the momentum he built up this time last year was undone when the board didn''t back him in the tranny window...big, big error not to sign tiny taylor...his loan summer gambles have all bombed - again, a lack of money to sign his ''plan a'' or even ''plan b''s'' probably didn''t help him...sibs was an 11th hour hobsons,,,and its showed///if roedy has lost the dressing room - then we shouldn''t waste time - he should go...but if not, the timing for getting rid ain''t great...for me - i didn''t like his outburst at the agm///also, if you make difficult to understand selections and formations, then these must work - ie if playing bell on the left and hooley on the right wing produced match-winning displays, then great - we''d all be calling for roedy to be the next england manager...but,,,if your clever plans and wheezes fall flat,,,then rightly expect criticism from the paying punters are playing saying - "rusty up front - wtf roeder!"but, the most glaring example of roedy stubborness for me, was during the swansea match - we were 3-1 down, we made it 3-2 and still had 20 mins left...croft went off, but roedy persisted until the final whistle with right footed bell on the left and left footed hooley on the left - it clearly wasn''t working, so why didn''t he change it around with 5-10 mins to go???i don''t what what roedy was trying to prove, but he fudging well failed - its the clearest example of a manager cutting off his nose to spite his face you''re ever likely to see...if roedy is that type of man, then great - he doesn''t have to be liked or adored, but what he does need to do is get the points on the board and games of football...thats the bottom line,,,and since the board swiped away roedy''s tranny ''powder'' to generously keep it dry for last summer''s dealings, he has failed in his job to deliver results...his record since last spring is poor...and that i contend is his main problem///