Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is it 'Come on Charlton' time?

If it finishes Roeder, I''m going to say it.........Come On Charlton.

The FA Cup, is all City really have left now, so if we''re dumped out of it today, what are the odds on Ratty being here on Monday?

Mind you, should we win, then God help us, even though Charlton can''t even win an arguement of late!

makes me laugh really when people come on with this true fan crap, it matters not weather we say come on charlton the truth is we''re so shocking under roeder that we''ll lose anyway.

[quote user="River End Rita"]

Is this a Norwich supporters message board?  I want Norwich to win every game they play in.

[/quote]

So do I, but under Ratty, I just know its not going to happen, so what the hell.[:S]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

If it finishes Roeder, I''m going to say it.........Come On Charlton.

The FA Cup, is all City really have left now, so if we''re dumped out of it today, what are the odds on Ratty being here on Monday?

Mind you, should we win, then God help us, even though Charlton can''t even win an arguement of late!

[/quote]

Have never and will never want City to be beaten BUT i can understand to a point were you are comimg from Wiz..i think. If we lose today lets hope that Roeder is sacked because he should have gone weeks ago.

What a backward retard 1st Wiz is...

Iwan''s book describes someone similar

"To be honest some of them only come for a whinge and a moan...........He''s one bitter and twisted old man - I shouted back at him "Shut up you prick"" - wasn''t you was it old man?

So Wiz - to quote Iwan "SHUT UP YOU PRICK"

"We need to stay in the cup, we need to win, I have said to the players we are going to have to be very positive. It''s an away game, but we don''t want to get involved in replays or anything like that. We want to get the job done at the first time of asking".

"I am sure Charlton will be the same; they won''t want to be involved in replays either. We want to stay in the cup - financially it makes sense, and obviously for our supporters and ourselves, to go a few rounds would be good for the confidence.

"But I''m a big fan of getting it done on the day one way or the other - finish with penalties if you have to."

After remarks like this, coupled with the fact that Charlton havent won in 16, Roeder is going to look pretty silly when we get taken apart today. Mark my words today should be Roeders last in charge at Norwich. Sadly it wont be.

I really hope we win today, just to be in the draw for the next round would mean so much to me. It isnt going to happen and we all know it. Im off to the bookies to place half my salary on a Charlton win. I suggest others do the same. 

"We need to stay in the cup, we need to win, I have said to the players we are going to have to be very positive. It''s an away game, but we don''t want to get involved in replays or anything like that. We want to get the job done at the first time of asking".

"I am sure Charlton will be the same; they won''t want to be involved in replays either. We want to stay in the cup - financially it makes sense, and obviously for our supporters and ourselves, to go a few rounds would be good for the confidence.

"But I''m a big fan of getting it done on the day one way or the other - finish with penalties if you have to."

After remarks like this, coupled with the fact that Charlton havent won in 16, Roeder is going to look pretty silly when we get taken apart today. Mark my words today should be Roeders last in charge at Norwich City. Sadly it wont be so wishing defeat on the team would be futile.

I really really hope we win today, just to be in the draw for the next round would mean so much to me. Sadly it isnt going to happen and we all know it. Im off to the bookies to place half my salary on a Charlton win today. I suggest others do the same. 

I aways hope we win every game we play, but if a loss meant the beginning of the end for Roeder and more importantly Delia then so be it. [:(]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

After remarks like this, coupled with the fact that Charlton havent won in 16, Roeder is going to look pretty silly when we get taken apart today. Mark my words today should be Roeders last in charge at Norwich City. Sadly it wont be so wishing defeat on the team would be futile.

I really really hope we win today, just to be in the draw for the next round would mean so much to me. Sadly it isnt going to happen and we all know it. Im off to the bookies to place half my salary on a Charlton win today. I suggest others do the same. 

[/quote]

What''s he supposed to say? "We''re crap and I expect us to lose today".

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Norfolk n Good"]

So Wiz - to quote Iwan "SHUT UP YOU PRICK"

[/quote]

What? on a message board?.......dream on!

[/quote]

Yeah Wiz how dare you have your own opinion[;)]

Last year Barnsley from a similar league position to us reached the semi finals beating Liverpool & Chelsea on the way, that is the magic of the fa cup the fact that feats like that are possible, the idea that some of our fans want us to loose disgusts me, don''t show your face at carrow road again your not a norwich city fan.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

What''s he supposed to say? "We''re crap and I expect us to lose today".

[/quote]

No, he should say nothing at all. That way he doesnt build himself up for a fall and end end up with egg on his face yet again. [8-)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="River End Rita"]

Is this a Norwich supporters message board?  I want Norwich to win every game they play in.

[/quote]

So do I, but under Ratty, I just know its not going to happen, so what the hell.[:S]

[/quote]

So you support Norwich but instead of hoping we win you hope we lose.  Well like my eldest boy says it takes all sorts lol.

[quote user="River End Rita"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="River End Rita"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you support Norwich but instead of hoping we win you hope we lose.  Well like my eldest boy says it takes all sorts lol.

[/quote]your not getting it, we could all be winners if we lose today

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="River End Rita"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="River End Rita"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]your not getting it, we could all be winners if we lose today[/quote]

Why - cos they might sack another manager and then what?  No money no players, who would come here?  And also if you think about it the lot in charge don''t seem very good at hiring people, why would they get this next one right?  My boy is always on about how much he hates Roeder too but like I tell him, be careful what you wish for.  I still hope we win today one-nil, I got 8/1 on that.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Of course we all want Norwich to win but most of us realise that Roeder is useless and every win for us (which isn''t very often) only seems to prolong the clubs agony under the t*at![/quote]we could install jose mourinho as the new manager and we''d still struggle in this league with the players we''ve got. I see little point in the expensive sacking of roeder until we sort out the underlying problem which is the board and the lack of investment. I would rather see any spare cash we have sent on players.

This "I hope we lose because..." is a dangerous thing. Where does it stop? Some of you want us to lose today to get Roeder out. Then it becomes "one more win and Delia will have to go". What next? People wanted Worthy out,and we got Grant. They got rid of Grant and we got Roeder. Given that ANY appointment represents a gamble, where does the bloodletting end? And, more importantly, will there be a club left at the end of it?

We live,sadly, in a disposable society where if you don''t like something you throw it away and get something else. Football, inevitable mirrors that, but, maybe the recession will bring some common sense, patience and a preparedness to persevere and build both to society and the game.

Come on City, never mind the danger.

It''s getting more and more difficult to argue with you Wiz. However, i do want us to win, but will not be too dissapointed if we were to lose. Primarily, because i don''t think we can afford to be in the cup, and secondly, something has to give. I don''t think we can get a better manager than Roeder in, but i do think any other manager would play the best eleven available, and for me, with the current squad, that includes Lupoli.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Of course we all want Norwich to win but most of us realise that Roeder is useless and every win for us (which isn''t very often) only seems to prolong the clubs agony under the t*at![/quote]

we could install jose mourinho as the new manager and we''d still struggle in this league with the players we''ve got. I see little point in the expensive sacking of roeder until we sort out the underlying problem which is the board and the lack of investment. I would rather see any spare cash we have sent on players.
[/quote]

I totally disagree with that view. In fact I''m coming round to thinking that with no manager at all - like the Forest match - we would do enough to get us clear of the bottom. Marshall. Drury, Otsemobor, Doc, Clingan, Bell, Russell, Hoolahan - they are not exactly Sunday league players and that''s not counting Croft & Lupoli (if they stay) or Lappin (if they can remember what he looks like) or Cureton (if he''d still come back). I do subscribe to the theory that Gr is the problem now - not the players. That said, I want City to win today and despite all the implications of losing to such a dreadfully performing Charlton team (worst in 53 yrs), I don''t think it would mean his departure just yet. Though the article in the Pink Un today - taxi for GR - says differently.

Yes the club has got problems other than our useless manager but I find it unbelieveable that some (now very few!) fans think we''re better of with Roedernowhere in charge!

Yes its sad when on the quiet thinking a defeat for your club could be better in the long run but thats how it is at present with our terrible manager! 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Yes the club has got problems other than our useless manager but I find it unbelieveable that some (now very few!) fans think we''re better of with Roedernowhere in charge!

Yes its sad when on the quiet thinking a defeat for your club could be better in the long run but thats how it is at present with our terrible manager! 

[/quote]I don''t want Roeder to stay a the club, but given our financial situation i feel money would be better spent on players right now rather than paying off and re-hiring managers.

i did think it would be better to spend the money on players, but not now. If roeder left, we''d get 2 cracking ''new signings'' in Lupoli and Lappin. I''d wanna see Lupoli and Sibs put together. I think it would help sibs having a clever striker next to him as opposed to a battling Centre Mid with the occasional eye for goal.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Of course we all want Norwich to win but most of us realise that Roeder is useless and every win for us (which isn''t very often) only seems to prolong the clubs agony under the t*at![/quote]

we could install jose mourinho as the new manager and we''d still struggle in this league with the players we''ve got. I see little point in the expensive sacking of roeder until we sort out the underlying problem which is the board and the lack of investment. I would rather see any spare cash we have sent on players.
[/quote]

Hope we win but can well and truly understand people willing us to lose for in their eyes "the long term future of the club". Agree with say hello to the angels that every penny should be spent on reinforcing the squad and backing Roeder(not that I am his greatest fan) but financially we are truly in a mess and until the board do one or do something constructive things are never likely to improve....

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]i did think it would be better to spend the money on players, but not now. If roeder left, we''d get 2 cracking ''new signings'' in Lupoli and Lappin. I''d wanna see Lupoli and Sibs put together. I think it would help sibs having a clever striker next to him as opposed to a battling Centre Mid with the occasional eye for goal.[/quote]That''s a good point actually didn''t think of it in those terms.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

I don''t want Roeder to stay a the club, but given our financial situation i feel money would be better spent on players right now rather than paying off and re-hiring managers.

[/quote]

So then your in a totally catch 22 situation which if the board applied the same thinking would still leave us in the sh*te with a cr*p manager!

I''d fancy our chances of getting out of being in the Sh*te without Roeder better, than with him staying so hes got to go!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]
Last year Barnsley from a similar league position to us reached the semi finals beating Liverpool & Chelsea on the way, that is the magic of the fa cup the fact that feats like that are possible, the idea that some of our fans want us to loose disgusts me, don''t show your face at carrow road again your not a norwich city fan.
[/quote]

I AM a Norwich City season ticket holder who started going in 1985, I have NEVER wanted to see us lose before. Today however I hope Charlton stuff us if it means the End of the arrogant prick, Roeder! There are no points at stake & we''re not going to win the cup so what does it matter. Its not as if we ever get past the third round anyway & the players surely would miss their anual break (the fourth round) if we won todaY.