Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

Can we AFFORD to keep Roeder?

All I keep hearing is that we can not afford to get rid of Roeder. It really annoys me because the question should be ''can we AFFORD to keep Roeder?'' and the relegation that will surely follow!!

If Roeder is not the right man we MUST get rid of him. We can not afford to continue the current demise of this club. The board have to get rid of the manager if they feel that he is the wrong man.

iam sure we will be relegated this season with roeder in charge the sooner hes gone the sooner hopefully we can try and turn whats left of this season round.but who would take over??

[quote user="james norwich"]He is on a performance related contract - if we fall into the bottom 4 Roeder can go for as little as a month''s salary!![/quote]

Is this true or just rumour James? I hope this is correct and would''ve been a wise move by the board.

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]

All I keep hearing is that we can not afford to get rid of Roeder. It really annoys me because the question should be ''can we AFFORD to keep Roeder?'' and the relegation that will surely follow!!

If Roeder is not the right man we MUST get rid of him. We can not afford to continue the current demise of this club. The board have to get rid of the manager if they feel that he is the wrong man.

[/quote]

Exactly what I''ve said for a while now!

People defending Roedernowhere with the usual over blown not quite the truth accusations that we can''t afford to sack him and he hasn''t been backed are seriously deluded!

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]Yeah good question. Billy Davies was my choice had we acted sooner but we missed that boat!![/quote]

Billy Davies will have Forest higher than us in league by the end of the season, and will have them pushing on towards promotion within a couple of years. Big mistake not getting him when we could in my opinion.

I agree, with Roeder in charge there is only one place we are going....Division 1. The guy has to go, he is arrogant (not as hard to take if we were sitting in the top 6) and tactically inept. I guess if he goes Aidy Boothroyd would be the front-runner?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]In a word?.............NO![/quote]

You have said all that needs to be said Wiz.

The guy is a numpty of the highest order and the sooner he is gone the better. Biggest problem is, who replaces him? All the possible candidates have some serious minus points - Dowie has struggled to repeat his initial success at Palace, Boothroyd is a long ball merchant and had one decent season at Watford, the last 12 months for Watford were almost as bad as ours, Pardew struggled at Charlton, Souness is awful, Curbishley won''t come here, Ince would be excellent but will probably be looking to a club with more cash. This leaves us looking at someone in a job in the lower league which means we would have to pay compensation so can''t see that happening.

I would love to see the back of Roeder as I hate him far more than I ever did Grant (who was quite simply not upto the job) but I struggle to see a replacement anywhere.