Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Now, let me understand this.........get this straight.

MK Dons are rapidly climbing the leagues and are currrently five points clear in second place in League 1. They have a classy young manager in Roberto de Matteo and think that Luke Chadwick is ''a player of immense quality - the calibre of player De Matteo has identified as important for the development of this club''. According to their Chairman ''his signing is a hugely positive start to the new year and a signing we''re extremely excited about.'' And we let him go for free - having paid 220,000/250,000 pounds for him 18 or so months ago.

We are two points off the relegation zone in the Championship and Smith/Roeder have decided that we don''t need a player Di Matteo judges to be of immense quality..........!

Their chairman also goes on to say ''that Chadwick''s permanent arrival is another signal of MK Dons intent to launch an all out Championship push..........''. Note: Championship push, not promotion push! 

Obviously they don''t think that he''s a permanent sicknote - maybe just going through a bad injury patch as many players do in their careers.

We have lost it - big time.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC 

I don''t know what money he was on but I suspect it was quite good. Do you really think that the right side of midfield is a priority for us?

Why do we always get threads like this?When we have the players here, all we get is complaints about them being sicknotes and a waste of wages, but then when we move them on, we get criticism about that as well.Chadwick when fit is a good player at this level, however the problem is that he''s rarely been fit for us, and has never played a full season for ANY of the clubs he''s been at.Even saying this, I''d still rather play either Croft or Bell on the right, and if a player has cost us approx £100k a year in a transfer fee, then it''s hardly a great loss we''re making.Indy.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Why do we always get threads like this?

When we have the players here, all we get is complaints about them being sicknotes and a waste of wages, but then when we move them on, we get criticism about that as well.

Chadwick when fit is a good player at this level, however the problem is that he''s rarely been fit for us, and has never played a full season for ANY of the clubs he''s been at.

Even saying this, I''d still rather play either Croft or Bell on the right, and if a player has cost us approx £100k a year in a transfer fee, then it''s hardly a great loss we''re making.

Indy.
[/quote]

Its called the rights to have a moan, and this club don''t do anything to make the fans Happy.When we got Chadders from Stoke they said good to see the back end of sicknote,

You do know that the MK Dons chairman is Peter Winkleman? - a man who knows absolutely nothing about football

[quote user="Iwan_09"]You do know that the MK Dons chairman is Peter Winkleman? - a man who knows absolutely nothing about football[/quote]He always seems very lively when I have seen him on TV.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Iwan_09"]You do know that the MK Dons chairman is Peter Winkleman? - a man who knows absolutely nothing about football[/quote]

He always seems very lively when I have seen him on TV.

[/quote]

Yep.

And as opposed to.....?

OTBC

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Why do we always get threads like this?

When we have the players here, all we get is complaints about them being sicknotes and a waste of wages, but then when we move them on, we get criticism about that as well.

Chadwick when fit is a good player at this level, however the problem is that he''s rarely been fit for us, and has never played a full season for ANY of the clubs he''s been at.

Even saying this, I''d still rather play either Croft or Bell on the right, and if a player has cost us approx £100k a year in a transfer fee, then it''s hardly a great loss we''re making.

Indy.
[/quote]

Have I ever complained about Chadwick?

A player like Chadwick is why the club must have a proper squad.

I reckon its almost odds-on that either Bell of Croft will be gone by 1st February. Then what if we have an injury - Eagle?

Should we usher out Stephanovic too?

I suspect that in the next 3 seasons MK Dons will continue to suceed and we shall continue to fail. Why - our sights are too low. We have become ''small''.

OTBC

[quote user="Iwan_09"]You do know that the MK Dons chairman is Peter Winkleman? - a man who knows absolutely nothing about football[/quote]

That''s hardly a point.

Do our lot?

OTBC

Wait though guys - remember who is the new guy in charge of Marketing and PR at MK Dons Franchise though - our late Marketing guy Andrew Cullen.  All the words attributed to Winkleman & "Robby" Di Matteo would have been written by Cullen.  Bound to make any dealings with his old club look bigger on paper than in reality!

[quote user="Iwan_09"]You do know that the MK Dons chairman is Peter Winkleman? - a man who knows absolutely nothing about football[/quote]

Probably why he got him Chadders for free because after all who did he deal with at the end of the telephone at Carrow Road?

BBB, what do you want from the move, 500k? He is out of contract at the end of the season and has not been fit for yonks as said. You forgot to mention that we have a sell on too, maybe not much but its still a sell on. I imagine he is close to being a top earner here and we have got him of the wage bill, as long as we have 2 better right wingers here, we con''t need him.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

BBB, what do you want from the move, 500k? He is out of contract at the end of the season and has not been fit for yonks as said. You forgot to mention that we have a sell on too, maybe not much but its still a sell on. I imagine he is close to being a top earner here and we have got him of the wage bill, as long as we have 2 better right wingers here, we con''t need him.

[/quote]

Well, according to Wikipedia:

Chadwick came up through the Manchester United youth system. The majority of Chadwick''s appearances for Manchester United at senior level were in League Cup matches or against lower profile teams in the Premier League

He was loaned to Belgian side Royal Antwerp for the entire 1999–2000 season, followed by loan spells at Reading and Burnley before joining West Ham United on a free transfer at the beginning of the 2004–05 season. The period at Antwerp he was a fan favorite, because his passion, skills and dedication in every match. The fans called him "One Super Chadwick".

He joined Stoke City on loan at the start of the 2005–06 season, Well, according to Wikipedia:and the deal was made permanent in January 2006 with Stoke paying £100,000 for his services. Chadwick''s subsequent performances earned him many fans at Stoke City.

On 27 June 2006, Norwich City manager Nigel Worthington confirmed that he was interested in signing Chadwick from Stoke, but Stoke City rejected Norwich''s approach for the player. However, on 13 November 2006, Worthington''s replacement, Peter Grant, signed Chadwick, initially on loan, with a view to a permanent deal in January 2007. The proposed fee was £220,000, with an additional £100,000 if Chadwick helps the Canaries gain promotion.

So, we and Stoke are the only 2 clubs to pay a fee for him. And we paid more than twice what Stoke paid with a promise of more. And then let him go early (for free!)

He is more than a right winger. He is generally a hardworking, skillful and creative midfielder with goalscoring capacity.

He should at least have been kept until the summer as a valuable squad member helping us too avoid relegation rather than assisting MK Dons to promotion.

We have not only become small, we are also rapidly becoming daft.

And Chadders knows it.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

Mt Glass is fine when he''s fit, but when is that ever?

We''ve paid his over inflated wages for 2 seasons & got naff all in return.  I''m happy to unload his wages & pass the injury blighted lad on to some other mug club to pay for no play

[quote user="Ankles"]

Mt Glass is fine when he''s fit, but when is that ever?

We''ve paid his over inflated wages for 2 seasons & got naff all in return.  I''m happy to unload his wages & pass the injury blighted lad on to some other mug club to pay for no play

[/quote]

So we are wise and MK Dons stupid?

At this moment I would rather doubt that.

OTBC