Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

No David Bell for Norwich, No Elliott Ward for Coventry

Thought that Roeder had scotched that one originally - you know the things he says..."Absolutely not true..this is just Coventry stirring.."

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]Interesting. But why did Roeder get so defensive when this rumour was leeked?[/quote]

Standard Roeder misdirection,like "who does Arturo Lupoli play for?", "Clark not going to Huddersfield" etc!

seems like Roeder just wants to hold all the cards, all the time.silly really, but i do not expect much more from him to be honest

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]Interesting. But why did Roeder get so defensive when this rumour was leeked?[/quote]

Standard Roeder misdirection,like "who does Arturo Lupoli play for?", "Clark not going to Huddersfield" etc!

[/quote]I bet he''s crap at Poker.

Glen roeder said he knew where the rumour had started and it wasnt true... does that make glen a Liar?

as for Bell, if he is off then good riddance... i cant see what all the fuss was about and he was pretty ordinary in his time here... Ward would be a good signing!

jas :)

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Standard Roeder misdirection,like "who does Arturo Lupoli play for?",

[/quote]

dunno but it certainly isn`t us [:D]

I have to say it sounds to me like a desperation move. It seems very fishy that both are missing but i certainly will not be happy with roeder if it does happen after saying david bell would not be sold

Bell''s a good player. If we''d played him more often on the right as he prefers...Still, if a trade is the only way....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

as for Bell, if he is off then good riddance... i cant see what all the fuss was about and he was pretty ordinary in his time here... Ward would be a good signing!

jas :)

[/quote]

Agreed. Has had more poor performances than good. Decent ish crosser of the ball and that looks about it. Overrated.

Lets be fair to GR, you don''t your manager to be blabbing or confirming his transfers targets. If he did, he would get slaughtered. He may want Ward ina swap for Bell, but if he does not require Bell anymore, then he may want to do a straight sell.

Regarding the thing with Clark, myabe, just maybe, he was telling the truth and didn''t know, remember football chairman and agents are devious and may have gone behind the clubs back to speak to Clark or GR thought that he didn''t need the specualtion getting out and try to tempt him in staying or get Huddersfield to pay more.

I don''t like GR and want him out, but we shouldn''t get in the habit of slagging him off when he is dammed when he does and dammed when he don''t.

There comes a point though, when the lies keep happening, where you start to wonder!

At the end of the day, we pay his wages, and he consistently disrespects us. He may well have been telling the truth, but with all of them? Someone should tell him the tale of the boy who cried wolf.

Doesn''t bother me at all that Roeder doesn''t confirm what''s going on behind the scenes transfer wise at the club, as I wouldn''t want other clubs knowing who we''re looking at. However, what does bother me is that we need more strength in depth and trading players isn''t giving us that. From what I''ve seen Bell can stick the ball in the box, but that''s about it. Would rather have Croft out there any day.

In light of the perilous financial situation we''re in, I don''t really know what else I was expecting!

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]There comes a point though, when the lies keep happening, where you start to wonder! At the end of the day, we pay his wages, and he consistently disrespects us. He may well have been telling the truth, but with all of them? Someone should tell him the tale of the boy who cried wolf.[/quote]

Perhaps he has learnt off the master and his employer Delia Smith?!?!

I''m pretty sure that I read several weeks ago that Bell was carrying an injury that needed an operation, so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that it flares up every now and then/he was rested today....but of course, it could also be that he is leaving.  Time will tell.

It may be true about the swap, but could also be that Coventry dont want to cup tie him to try and increase his value as they want to sell him during the jan transfer window as he''s in his last year of his contract. It could also be the same thing that Norwich want to sell Bell and make sure his value is highest, if we got anything over 1million for Bell then that would allow us to get a couple of players in. The two players might well be leaving, but it doesnt mean they are crossing over clubs.

I have thought about this and we should swap the 2. Ward would be a centre back we need and to be honest, we need defenders more that we do midfielders. Besides we have Eagle too, oh............................

You did indeed recently read that Bell is carrying an ankle injury and needs an operation, so I wouldn''t think Coventry would want to sign an injured player.

Only a fool of a manager would do that!  Then again....how long was it before he was fit enough to make his Norwich debut?

If Roeder could offload an injured player in exchange for a reasonable and desparately needed defender I may have to rethink my opinion on him!