Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink Un Pickers

Bugger! I thought that I''d already given my pick for this week, my brain always turns to mush at this time of year.

If I''m not too late, I''ll go for Villa to beat Gillingham tomorrow.  

Hard luck Mr.Bump, Chelsea has done that to us before, but on a brighter note maybe hopefully it reduced John Terry to tears again.

My eleven match winning run is over after todays results, so this is a good time to say farewell for a couple of weeks, I am leaving my beloved and bedraggled Canaries and flying off to the Canary Islands tomorrow to get some warmth into my old bones.

I hope when I return that the PUPs have raided the bookies coffers and that nice Mr Roeder has taken an early retirement.

Cheers Jim

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Hard luck Mr.Bump, Chelsea has done that to us before, but on a brighter note maybe hopefully it reduced John Terry to tears again.

My eleven match winning run is over after todays results, so this is a good time to say farewell for a couple of weeks, I am leaving my beloved and bedraggled Canaries and flying off to the Canary Islands tomorrow to get some warmth into my old bones.

I hope when I return that the PUPs have raided the bookies coffers and that nice Mr Roeder has taken an early retirement.

Cheers Jim

[/quote]

Have a great time Jim.

Well that''s the magic of the FA Cup I guess. Nevermind Mr Bump, nobody saw that one coming! There''s usually one for the bookies but that was a big one for the bookies. You will be back again and we will all be back again next week. Don''t forget thanks to Billy Dixon this doesn''t cost us a penny so we are still winning every week. I''ll be back after tomorrow with the stats so watch this space [Y]

''Gentleman'' Jim... Have a good ''n my friend. But I''ll miss putting a win beside your name for a fortnight! [ap][ip][B][Y]

[quote user="ncfc90"]Haha Trent Canary. How long are you out in Australia for?[/quote]

Another 6 weeks, pick up a campervan in a couple days to go up and down the East coast. Bit of a trek but all good!

Nige - Just to help with your records, my nap was postponed. Im enjoying 30 degrees every day so the small matter of the weather in Scotland didnt occur to me. Due to the reason above I probably wont be on here much for the next month or two, however will try to post as much as I can. Im creeping up the leaderboard without making any picks, would much rather earn it.

Unlucky this week everyone, Chelsea have a habit of struggling against crap teams in the FA cup lately. Bit frustrating as the picks looked nailed on.

Sorry I didn''t get back to you before - Cam it was fine to change yours so you were on Villa. And Maccy Dee wasn''t too late and was on Villa too. Congratulations to my friend Gazzathegreat who made a winning debut this week.

I can''t do the stats because we are waiting for Blackburns game on Monday night. What I can tell you is that it''s getting very tight at the top of our PUPs League.

I''ll be back after Mondays match.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Sorry I didn''t get back to you before - Cam it was fine to change yours so you were on Villa. And Maccy Dee wasn''t too late and was on Villa too. Congratulations to my friend Gazzathegreat who made a winning debut this week.

I can''t do the stats because we are waiting for Blackburns game on Monday night. What I can tell you is that it''s getting very tight at the top of our PUPs League.

[/quote]

Yes it was hard luck Mr Bump but you will return and get even I am sure. It seems to me that the lovely old lady of luck "Miss Fortune" has turned her back on poor arrdee over the last month and appears to be quite angry with poor arrdee, for Sevilla to be leading 1-0 with Min''s to go to finish 1-1 is indeed cruel and with 9 bookings in the match it also seems Sevilla and Osasuna wanted to kick lumps out of each other , cant they get along together? Remember what Nutty said the Free Bet has cost us nothing thanks to Dixmar and with the entertainment we have had this weekend we are in fact the winners.

As Nutty has said he will be back later with his stats and his wonderful leagues which will make interesting reading and of course the Free Bet will move on again next weekend and we will have another of our young Pickers Ncfc Shaun in charge who has joined us this season and happens to be going really well but thats all in the future. I will talk to you later.....[Y]..arrdee.

An impressive 44 of "Arrdee''s Army" managed to overcome the new year celebrations to post this week. Unfortunately that equaliser by Southend left only 24 correct. There were 3 void because of postponements. But there were still 24 good picks giving us 59% correct naps for the week. Trent is now Top Of The Pups but Inchy and Arrdee are in close attendence waiting for any slip up. MacsPerm is closing in 4th place so it’s getting tight at the top! Gorleston Jim''s impressive winning run came to an end on 11 leaving BroadSlim, Cosmic, Leeds, MacsPerm, amd NewYork sharing the longest winning run of 6. Shaun is in a rich vein of form with 5 consecutive winning naps just at just the right time as he is in charge of the Free Bet next week.

Here are the latest standings : -

Picker

Season

Season %

Trent Canary

16-18

Inch High

19-22

Arrdee

18-21

MacDougall’s perm

16-19

Leedscanary

17-21

Pboro_Canary

17-21

Gorleston (Gentleman) Jim

17-22

Newyorkcanary

17-22

We8wba

10-13

NCFC_Shaun

16-21

Shack Attack

15-20

Mr. Bump

14-19

Kathy

8-11

Beaker

15-21

Hissing Sid

15-21

Obiwancanary

12-17

1st Wazzock

15-22

Delia’s Devon…

15-22

Fellas

15-22

Muddy funster

14-21

Sparkos

12-18

BringBackIwan

10-15

GazzaTCC

11-17

Methcanary

11-17

Norfolkbroadslim

11-17

Cosmic Twin

14-22

Norfolkchance1

14-22

Mister Chops

11-18

Graham Humphrey

13-22

Cityangel

10-17

Lucky Green Trainers

12-21

Canary Ryan

10-18

Nutty nigel

12-22

The Butler

11-21

Sports Desk - Pete

11-22

Yankee Canary

11-22

Berkshire Canary

10-20

Hughsey

6-12

This weeks naps were divided amongst 17 different teams with 11 being correct making a 65% success rate which is up on the seasons average. League Two finally got a winning nap this week.

Here''s the current table which shows where us PUP''s have been getting most joy.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

11-17

299-505

Premiership

38-73

Championship

40-77

League One

32-66

League Two

1-1

17-49

Conference

1-1

23-36

Welsh

1-1

12-16

English Cups

6-9

13-22

Scots Premiership

1-2

21-26

Scots Leagues

0-1

16-28

Scots Cup

3-4

Europe

1-2

60-79

Internationals

23-28

World Club

1-1

With most of Europe still on holiday there were only those 2 spanish selections this week. But for reference here''s how kind the various countries have been to us : -

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

1-2

60-79

Spain

1-2

12-20

Italy

13-17

Holland

11-14

France

4-6

Germany

5-5

Greece

6-6

Belgium

2-2

Turkey

3-3

Sweden

1-1

Austria

2-3

Macedonia

0-1

Switzerland

1-1

It is getting very tight at the top of the leader board and one wrong pick can make a huge difference to placings - and take a long while to recover from.  Thanks for the update NN, this is the only league table I look out for at the moment.

Trent Canary

16-18

Inch High

19-22

Arrdee

18-21

that 53winners out of 61 games picked

those three are something else in this. keep up the good work. be intresting to see which one of the three takes seasons top tipster

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]It is getting very tight at the top of the leader board and one wrong pick can make a huge difference to placings - and take a long while to recover from.  Thanks for the update NN, this is the only league table I look out for at the moment.[/quote]

Same here! [:D]

Brill work NN!

Fulham to beat Blackburn for me. (Think we will lose actually but cant briong myself to do it [:(])

Hi nutty fine work with the numbers but.... 6 out of 9 in the cup?! You still give the pickers no credit! I''ve got 8 outa 11! [:P][:D]It certainly is very tight at the top the quality of picking this year has been something else and it''s anybody''s to take. Well except maybe mine. I''m plummeting down there. It''s strange I''ve got 2 wrong in a row for the 3rd time this year, out of 7 wrong naps, so only one hasn''t beeen in one of those runs. The same goes for ol'' Butler who''s had 3 runs of 2 wrong naps and a run of 3 out of 10 wrong naps. It seems strange that pickers seem to carry form. (especially considering the once invincibility of Ardee and Inchy which seems to have evaporate a tad (but not much!)) hmmmm... [8-|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I thought I changed to Rangers[+o(]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I thought I changed to Rangers[+o(]

[/quote]

Sorry Cam.. that''s what I meant! Anyway.. you were on a winner and it was fine to change after the postponement[Y]

[quote user="Fellas"]Hi nutty fine work with the numbers but.... 6 out of 9 in the cup?! You still give the pickers no credit! I''ve got 8 outa 11! [:P][:D]

It certainly is very tight at the top the quality of picking this year has been something else and it''s anybody''s to take. Well except maybe mine. I''m plummeting down there. It''s strange I''ve got 2 wrong in a row for the 3rd time this year, out of 7 wrong naps, so only one hasn''t beeen in one of those runs. The same goes for ol'' Butler who''s had 3 runs of 2 wrong naps and a run of 3 out of 10 wrong naps. It seems strange that pickers seem to carry form. (especially considering the once invincibility of Ardee and Inchy which seems to have evaporate a tad (but not much!)) hmmmm... [8-|]
[/quote]

Yes indeed Fellas, thanks for that. I hadn''t included Villa and Blackburn! After waiting for them too!

Take two - This weeks naps were divided amongst 19 different teams with 13 being correct making a 68% success rate which is well up on the seasons average. League Two finally got a winning nap this week.

Here''s the current table which shows where us PUP''s have been getting most joy.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

13-19

301-507

Premiership

38-73

Championship

40-77

League One

32-66

League Two

1-1

17-49

Conference

1-1

23-36

Welsh

1-1

12-16

English Cups

8-11

15-24

Scots Premiership

1-2

21-26

Scots Leagues

0-1

16-28

Scots Cup

3-4

Europe

1-2

60-79

Internationals

23-28

World Club

1-1

Excellent stats NN.  I look forward to seeing the results every week, provides some good fun and healthy competition and all for a good cause.

After a woeful start of 4 incorrect naps, I am slowly plugging away trying to get as far up the table as possible.

I must also pay thanks to arrdee for taking the time to do this and also Billy and anyone else involved.

I keep thinking that we must surely be due a winner soon, especially considering the excellent form of many of the pickers, here''s hoping.[:)][Y]