Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink Un Pickers

Hello all, a fantastic new year in Sydney was had. Blooming tired now though..

Anyway this week its taken a while to narrow it down with so many heavy favourites. Theres a couple FA cup games, a game in Wales, and a European game that have all tempted me, but just to mix it up a bit im returning to the highland league for Keith over Brora.

Keith - 2nd in the league. 31 points from 15 games.

Brora - 2nd Bottom - 2 points from 11 games. -20 Goal Difference away from home through 6 games.

Just to illustrate the sheer gulf in class in this division, I recently napped the team a point above Keith to beat the team a point below Brora, and the home team won 10-0! Also brora have just beaten the league leaders 4-2 away so are bound to be full of confidence.

Happy New Year to Ardee, Nutty and all Norwich city fans where ever you are, its got to be better than the last one....hasn''t it?

My pick this week is for Rangers to win away against Inverness in the SPL on Sunday.

Good luck Mr. Bump.

I''m staying away from the FA Cup, tooooo risky!

Conference it is then. Stevenage, pushing for the play-offs should have too much for lowly Lewes so.....

Stevenage v Lewes......Home win.

Good luck Mr Bump and let''s hope it''s a better new year for everyone. [Y]

I would like to wish you all a happy and healthy new year.

Congratulations to Arrdee and Nutty on starting and controlling the ''Free bet'', it''s going from strength to strength, may it be a good year for all the pickers.

This week I''m going for Macclesfield v Everton - Away win

Good luck Mr Bump.

Sid returns after last weeks absence. I trust everyone had a decent and relaxing Christmas (unless you were at City''s festive fixtures!!!) and I''d like to wish all PUPs a Happy New Year, with a special mention and thanks to Arrdee and Nutty.

I can''t believe its FA Cup 3rd round time again already. Got my fingers badly burned in the 1st and 2nd round of the Cup earlier this season, but I can''t see beyond

Arsenal v Plymouth - Home Win

Mr Bump, good luck, go get ''em!!!

Now all you lovely old Pickers lets keep those selections coming in. I do feel there is a win on the cards this week for the wonderful Mr Bump . My "nap" this week for what its worth is F C Sevilla and I am hoping to get back on the winning trail. Good luck Mr Bump and to all you lovely old Pickers....[Y]..arrdee.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Hello all, a fantastic new year in Sydney was had. Blooming tired now though..

Anyway this week its taken a while to narrow it down with so many heavy favourites. Theres a couple FA cup games, a game in Wales, and a European game that have all tempted me, but just to mix it up a bit im returning to the highland league for Keith over Brora.

Keith - 2nd in the league. 31 points from 15 games.

Brora - 2nd Bottom - 2 points from 11 games. -20 Goal Difference away from home through 6 games.

Just to illustrate the sheer gulf in class in this division, I recently napped the team a point above Keith to beat the team a point below Brora, and the home team won 10-0! Also brora have just beaten the league leaders 4-2 away so are bound to be full of confidence.

[/quote]

I did of course mean Keith have just beaten the league leaders...

Funny story for you all. Sat in a bar in Sydney eating a $2 steak, with a few beers, catching up with a mate of mine who supports Ipswich. Man United v Middlesborough is on in the background. The match finishes and the next programme begins. The programme was entitled ''Premier league archive''. And having dipped into their archive what match did they come up with? Thats right, you guessed it; Swindon v Norwich - 3-3 - 93/94 season. Absolute classic. Some of the worst football ive ever seen, but a cracking game nonetheless.

In the fervent hope that my "Scottish-Match-Postponed" syndrome doesn''t hit me yet again I am going for :-

Scottish Div 1: Saturday 3 o''clock : 3rd.Jan  :  MORTON v Queen of South as a banker HOME WIN !

Morton are such an unbeatable force at home whilst Queen of South have earned on one measly point in nine weeks !

I have my reserve ready if this one doesn''t happen Ray, ha ha !

Good luck Mr.Bump on your picks, and I wish good health to Ray and all us other PUPs in 2009.

I remember it well Trent, you could probably see us all down the front, my kids were young then and loved sitting/standing behind the goal. I miss going to Swindon, they have roundabouts down to a fine art!! How unbelievable is it that that match was once in the Prem!

Anyway my selection is: Aston Villa to beat Gillingham in the cup.

I have made my selections, sorry if you haven''t got your nap in yetChelsea to beat SouthendArsenal to beat PlymouthMiddlesbrough to beat Barrow AFCRangers to beat Inverness CTThe New Saints FC to beat Newi Cefn DruidsFC Sevilla to beat OsasunaSorry if I didn''t choose your nap, there were so many good ones to choose from. All of these look nailed on so fingers crossed for no ''Cupsets''

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I have made my selections, sorry if you haven''t got your nap in yet

Chelsea to beat Southend

Arsenal to beat Plymouth

Middlesbrough to beat Barrow AFC

Rangers to beat Inverness CT

The New Saints FC to beat Newi Cefn Druids

FC Sevilla to beat Osasuna

Sorry if I didn''t choose your nap, there were so many good ones to choose from. All of these look nailed on so fingers crossed for no ''Cupsets''[/quote]

Surely can''t go wrong. Good choices.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I have made my selections, sorry if you haven''t got your nap in yet

Chelsea to beat Southend

Arsenal to beat Plymouth

Middlesbrough to beat Barrow AFC

Rangers to beat Inverness CT

The New Saints FC to beat Newi Cefn Druids

FC Sevilla to beat Osasuna

Sorry if I didn''t choose your nap, there were so many good ones to choose from. All of these look nailed on so fingers crossed for no ''Cupsets''[/quote]

Yes you lovely old Pickers the bet is on thanks to the wonderful Mr Bump and of course Dixmar Racing. The bet is.....

1-9    Chelsea

2-9    Arsenal

1-5    Middlesbrough

2-5    Rangers

1-4    The New Saints

2-5    Sevilla

Which will win £29-93p, which is wonderful with such great selections, you are in with a heck of a shout this weekend Mr Bump. Thanks for that Bumpy you have done all us Pickers proud . Good luck to all you Pickers. I will talk to you all later....[Y]..arrdee.

Thanks to a very weird decision by the referee my nap Colchester v Tranmere is off (frozen pitch allegedly but no one else thinks so).  That must have cheered up the Tranmere supporters five and a bit hours into their journey........

So if it is allowed I will transfer my nap to Sunday and go with

Inverness CT v Rangers - AWAY win.