Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Wolves in talks to sign Gow!!

Just gets better and better! The guy has looked very good this season from the little I have seen for Blackpool.

He thought he had signed for us, nothing further was said in yet another PR farce.

The best part being he is deemed good enough for the league leaders but not us?

yea we basically signed him. just got agree fee which thought to be 300k. ok player but hardly going to get on the flanks with jarvis n kightly and doubtful he dislodge ebanks blake and iwelumo

so him wanting leave rangers for 1st team football isnt going to work in my opinion

[quote user="lappinitup"]Or......Wolves sign another Norwich reject! [:D][/quote]

which reject? we only ever signed shackell of you havnt we? i remember right you bought our 2nds in emblem, robinson, clingan and roberts lol

Didn''t GR confirm that he had been at Colney on trial during the summer? I believe that Gow wanted to come but i think as Lappin has pointed out, he didn''t make the grade.

Then again, my memory isn''t what it was. I wait to be corrected.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Or......Wolves sign another Norwich reject! [:D][/quote]

Of course especially with all our options up front!

annual leave till monday, not been around to annoy you lot lately so thought pop in, only commented because wolves involved

Yer and the usual suspects on said, no we don''t want any more Jocks, he''s crapp, etc etc etc. Just proves what people know or lack of...........

I think Gow was the one with the attitude problem according to GR,so he decided after meeting him not to continue our interest,mind you GR wouldn''t win awards for charm.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]I think Gow was the one with the attitude problem according to GR,so he decided after meeting him not to continue our interest,mind you GR wouldn''t win awards for charm.
[/quote]

The magic words!

[quote user="Destort"]

[quote user="paul ncfc"]I think Gow was the one with the attitude problem according to GR,so he decided after meeting him not to continue our interest,mind you GR wouldn''t win awards for charm.
[/quote]

The magic words!

[/quote]

Blackpool made Gow a good offer and he did to them what he did to you - went away "to think about it".  I would assume his Agent managed to screw more money out of Wolves than Blackpool.............

i see him on the box for blackpool , he looks a decent player, im not surprised we didnt go for him he would have kept the bench warm though, if he got on there.

another point , people saying poor roeder is not his fault, you cant exspect us to compete with the likes of mighty blackpool.

he has been a regular there, and scored a few... too good for us ,

did the same to burnley during the lafferty deal

personally wolves dont ever discuss deals until theyre complete! rangers spilled the beans in a probable attempt to get a bigger offer from somewhere

[quote user="singing canary"]

we should have bought him when we had the chance.

instead of wasting a small budget we have,

[/quote]

His agent was convinced that Mr Cullum was going to buy you so doubled Gow''s salary demands accordingly.  That''s why the deal fell through.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

His agent was convinced that Mr Cullum was going to buy you so doubled Gow''s salary demands accordingly.  That''s why the deal fell through.

[/quote]

depending what the wage demands were originally (could been something small)

wolves arent going to be mugged off by any old wage demands. jez moxey is one of the best in the business in getting good deals wether selling/buying/contracts

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

depending what the wage demands were originally (could been something small)

wolves arent going to be mugged off by any old wage demands. jez moxey is one of the best in the business in getting good deals wether selling/buying/contracts

[/quote]I thought we got nearly a million for Shackell?

[quote user="singing canary"]surely its worth paying a higher salary for a player who is good , rather than paying salary for players not even going to be used at all .[/quote]Agreed, but not if the player initially asks for say £2k per week, but on then finding out we may be taken over by someone with a bit of cash to spend, then demands £4k a week.That''s pure and simple greed, and if the player can get away it with, good luck to them, but as a manager I wouldn''t accept that sort of shenanigans.Indy.

well never been confirmed shackell fee but we heard it was 600k up front, with 200k if we got promoted this within next two seasons, 100k if we reach top 6 this season

this may not be right, but what majority seem to think

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="singing canary"]surely its worth paying a higher salary for a player who is good , rather than paying salary for players not even going to be used at all .[/quote]Agreed, but not if the player initially asks for say £2k per week, but on then finding out we may be taken over by someone with a bit of cash to spend, then demands £4k a week.

That''s pure and simple greed, and if the player can get away it with, good luck to them, but as a manager I wouldn''t accept that sort of shenanigans.

Indy.
[/quote]

Isn''t this complete hearsay?

I doubt wage demands were huge if Blackpool were the club he eventually went to!!

Doubt we would have taken Hoolahan from them otherwise.

we8wba - obviously you''ve explained this before but I missed it - humour me.

How many club sites do you frequent and why this one?

Is it cos they bite so easily? Must admit responses here are far less nasty than other sites I''ve trolled. Bury for example, **** me they''re a ''to the point'' bunch. Rumours there about Bishop again by the way

[quote user="we8wba"]

yea we basically signed him. just got agree fee which thought to be 300k. ok player but hardly going to get on the flanks with jarvis n kightly and doubtful he dislodge ebanks blake and iwelumo

so him wanting leave rangers for 1st team football isnt going to work in my opinion

[/quote]Wolves have Keogh too,imo they are looking for replacements for S.E.Blake who''s a proven goal scorer over two seasons now and if the likes of Everton come in with a £6-£7m bid may be to tempting to turn away.

[quote user="one 4 the future"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]Wolves have Keogh too,imo they are looking for replacements for S.E.Blake who''s a proven goal scorer over two seasons now and if the likes of Everton come in with a £6-£7m bid may be to tempting to turn away.[/quote]

everton have no money mate! which helps us out. plus if we wernt top i would sell him for 5m plus andy keogh is joke of player cant wait till we sell that muppet

[quote user="Destort"]Not sure I would pay 6 figures for the guy.[/quote]

250k-300k rumours is, not to bad a deal in my eyes for squad player.