Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

FAN'S EYE: Taxi for Mr Roeder?

[quote user="cityangel"]Agree his days are numbered and when he''s gone I suggest we have a pinkun posters celebration party. Who''s up for it?[/quote]

Yep Angel, two birds with one stone, go for it !

"Keeping faith with Worthington, appointing Grant and appointing

Roeder: it''s been a spectacular hat-trick of poor decision-making."Absolute utter rubbish. We would be in league one now if they hadn''t have appointed Roeder! Okay, this season he has made errors in picking the best 11, has favourites which is very frustrating, and upsets some fans by putting them in their places - but like it or not, we''d be in much, much deeper trouble now if we had not have had him last year.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]

Absolute utter rubbish. We would be in league one now if they hadn''t have appointed Roeder! Okay, this season he has made errors in picking the best 11, has favourites which is very frustrating, and upsets some fans by putting them in their places - but like it or not, we''d be in much, much deeper trouble now if we had not have had him last year.
[/quote]

How can you say that CC ? ,

Anyone worth his salt could have improved on what Grant was doing, you need to remember he inherited a team that went a dozen matches unbeaten then through his bloody mindedness blew it all and we only survived only by the skin of our teeth at the end of the season.

He should count himself lucky that he is only being compared with the totally incompetent Grant rather than a proper manager. Boiling it down the worst manager we have ever had was succeeded by the second worst ! !

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]
"Keeping faith with Worthington, appointing Grant and appointing Roeder: it''s been a spectacular hat-trick of poor decision-making."

Absolute utter rubbish. We would be in league one now if they hadn''t have appointed Roeder! Okay, this season he has made errors in picking the best 11, has favourites which is very frustrating, and upsets some fans by putting them in their places - but like it or not, we''d be in much, much deeper trouble now if we had not have had him last year.
[/quote]

Yes Roeder kept us up last year but I feel the unbeaten run at the beginning of his reign which kept us up after Roeder messed things up from January was due to the players trying to impress a new manager, not any great motivational skills from the nowhereRoeder!

Any new manager could quite possibly of had the same effect. In fact if we''d of done things properly instead of messing about with out of their depth loanees last January we could of made a serious bid for the play offs. Instead we stumbled through to the end of the season with Roeder messing about with line ups that didn''t work and only playing his best team when we needed a result!

People still defending the totally inept Roedernowhere are deluded!

[quote user="rich2408"]I will be the first to chip in for the taxi.LOL[/quote]I will fly back to the UK and drive the taxi myself, drop him off at Lands End and be back in Norwich, just in time for City Angels party

Good article. Having spent a load of money last year on loans to keep us up we still almost went down, only reaching safety in the penultimate game, our final run in was truly dreadful, and but for a few some wins with the ''new manager syndrome and what was basically Grants team we would have gone down. This time we have no money to bail us out and ''crap manager syndrome.'' He has lost the fans and the dressing room. We have to get rid of Roeder. His ego trip has to end here. I have never before had such a bad feeling about a season as this one that it will end in disaster. Please go back to teaching the kids somewhere, something you actually seem to be good at!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/commentary/FansEye.aspx[/quote]

Okay, why doesn''t the EDP start a campaign to get him out.

I know the answer to that and so do you - and the answer is also Pete isn''t it?

I dare you but you won''t.  You know it and I know it.

[/quote][img]http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/files/2007/12/xfiles-mulder-and-scully.jpg[/img]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/commentary/FansEye.aspx

Not a lot i can add to that. A cornered cat, hissing and scratching - good description. He also mentions the sheer numbers against him. I think there are more against him that were against Worthy and Grant (save for their final weeks), would be interested to hear from anyone who backs him to stay. Never once liked Roeder that man, but was prepared to support Roeder the manager if he delivered.

I think Cureton gave a really interesting insight the other week which confirmed what i suspected. That Roeder is too intense and too pressurizing on players to the extend that instead of feeling relaxed and able to play their game they are constantly tense and looking over their shoulders. You need competition and you don''t want players getting too relaxed in their positions but he goes WAY too far the other way. Completely explains why on occasion, this method gives a result on the rare occasion every player manages to put Roeder''s pressure out of their minds but that''s impossible every game and explains why most of the time they can''t do it. It must be like having a boss who won''t leave you alone and checks up on you every hour!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/commentary/FansEye.aspx[/quote]

Not a good example Pete. Aiken is a complete plonker which is why he is stuck with Archant.

[/quote]

That''s not a very nice comment to make, have you met Adam?

[/quote]

Have you met a respected Journo who works for The Daily Star CA? Thought not, nobody has....yet they have the nerve to have a pop at archant.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

Not a good example Pete. Aiken is a complete plonker which is why he is stuck with Archant.

[/quote]

That''s not a very nice comment to make, have you met Adam?

[/quote]Think he must be good friend of Roeder, he sounds a lot like him. Wish Colchester had a better website then he could concentrate his efforts on there.

Think you''re being a bit harsh here Camuldonum.

Adam Aiken may or may not be a '' complete plonker '' as you so subtly put it but us NCFC fans can totally relate to what he''s written. I thought it was a superb piece and I would guess that the vast majority of us would agree with what he''s described. Clearly Mr Aiken doesn''t feature on Glenn Roeder''s Christmas card list but at least he doesn''t suck up to the Club as have some other Archant employees have in the past.

I appreciate that hacks have an image problem similar to that of car dealers and estate agents, Camuldonum, but by voicing your negative opinion of a sports journalist who reports on a Club for which have no real passion doesn''t do your profession any favours at all.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Think you''re being a bit harsh here Camuldonum.

Adam Aiken may or may not be a '' complete plonker '' as you so subtly put it but us NCFC fans can totally relate to what he''s written. I thought it was a superb piece and I would guess that the vast majority of us would agree with what he''s described. Clearly Mr Aiken doesn''t feature on Glenn Roeder''s Christmas card list but at least he doesn''t suck up to the Club as have some other Archant employees have in the past.

I appreciate that hacks have an image problem similar to that of car dealers and estate agents, Camuldonum, but by voicing your negative opinion of a sports journalist who reports on a Club for which have no real passion doesn''t do your profession any favours at all.

[/quote]

Quite true!

I haven''t always agreed with Adam Aikens views on Norwich City aired through his Saturday column in the EDP but on this occasion hes spot with his accessment of the sorry state of affairs at Carrow Rd mainly caused by having the useless, clueless Roedernowhere in charge. I applaud him for getting off the fence and saying it exactly as it is and hes the 1st one to do so!

On the other side of the coin I always thought that the person who writes the man in the stand column in the pink un said things how they are rather than tip toeing around the truth but his defence of Roeder this week is ludicrous!

We''re on the Roedernowhere - Delia stop it before its too late!