Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

FAN'S EYE: Taxi for Mr Roeder?

I think someone is stirring it a bit, things are not really that bad though we were rubbish last match we played.  Does the person who wrote this hate Roeder?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/commentary/FansEye.aspx[/quote]

"Keeping faith with Worthington, appointing Grant and appointing

Roeder: it''s been a spectacular hat-trick of poor decision-making."Add to that list "appointing Hamilton" and our success under Worthy looks more like a happy accident than a long term strategy.  This bunch couldn''t run a bath, never mind a football club.But yes, I think Roeder''s days are already numbered.  He''s more popular than Grant though in my view, I think Grant was the least popular manager since Hamilton.

[quote user="steve o"]hardly stirring it, things are that bad, have you been in a coma?[/quote]

lol no I have not.  I just think at least the football is better now than when Worthington and Grant were here but I do agree he has a big mouth and does not seem very nice.  Bit like my boss at work lol.

i agree the football has improved (slightly) but i think anyone could of improved that, bottom line is though results are getting worse, the only way out in my mind is to get someone in who can get the best out of the players we have as Roeder can''t. i nearly slipped into a coma during the last to home games by the way!

Fans eye is spot on. As said previous, hits the nail on the head!

The football might be better? But that will not stop us going down! Roeder''s made a pigs ear of everything! 

Time to go Glenn! 

"The countdown to Roeder''s departure has already begun. It''s just a matter of time."I think he''s got ''till the end of January, after playing  Southampton, Barnsley & Donny.

Agree his days are numbered and when he''s gone I suggest we have a pinkun posters celebration party. Who''s up for it?

[quote user="cityangel"]Agree his days are numbered and when he''s gone I suggest we have a pinkun posters celebration party. Who''s up for it?[/quote]Up for it?  I''d buy a bottle of champagne and spray it over everyone in an F1 stylee.Sadly we''ll need a new venue.  [:''(]  Maybe Nutty could accommodate us?

[quote user="cityangel"]Agree his days are numbered and when he''s gone I suggest we have a pinkun posters celebration party. Who''s up for it?[/quote]

You know that things never get done on this Forum. Brewery, organise and piss-up spring to mind.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

Fans eye is spot on. As said previous, hits the nail on the head!

The football might be better? But that will not stop us going down! Roeder''s made a pigs ear of everything! 

Time to go Glenn! 

[/quote]

Ruddy good call Johno, and bloody well done to Archant for having the guts to print that honest artical.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]"The countdown to Roeder''s departure has already begun. It''s just a matter of time."
I think he''s got ''till the end of January, after playing  Southampton, Barnsley & Donny.
[/quote]Trouble is that at end of January he will have more "heroes" in it will be too late for new incumbent to bring anyone else in.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="swindoncanary"]"The countdown to Roeder''s departure has already begun. It''s just a matter of time."
I think he''s got ''till the end of January, after playing  Southampton, Barnsley & Donny.
[/quote]Trouble is that at end of January he will have more "heroes" in it will be too late for new incumbent to bring anyone else in.[/quote]

Spot on Tribes, we can''t aford to wait until those 3 crutial games have passed. The board will take a couple of weeks to appoint someone and that new person will pick up a shambles of a club with no window time to put it right. Roeder needs to go right now and its time for the board to take some action before its too late. Fingers crossed this article hits home. 

Whilst I agree that Mr Roeder appears to have non existent public relations skills and his team selections and tactics, such as they are, appear increasingly bizarre but surely the article and posters have only addressed half the problem.  Carrying on the theme, could someone answer the following:

Who will fund the sacking of the manager and probably his management team? Who should be appointed to guarantee success?  Who will fund the inevitable changes in the playing staff?  Which players should go?  Which players should be signed to guarantee success? 

In the meantime, keep you on a troshin'' 

[quote user="10 Bryceland"]

Whilst I agree that Mr Roeder appears to have non existent public relations skills and his team selections and tactics, such as they are, appear increasingly bizarre but surely the article and posters have only addressed half the problem.  Carrying on the theme, could someone answer the following:

Who will fund the sacking of the manager and probably his management team? Who should be appointed to guarantee success?  Who will fund the inevitable changes in the playing staff?  Which players should go?  Which players should be signed to guarantee success? 

In the meantime, keep you on a troshin'' 

[/quote]The board.  That''s what they wanted to do so let them get on with it. Delia will just have to dig into her handbag again.  They got the club into this mess so it''s their responsibility to get it out.

River End Rita wrote the following post at 03/01/2009 1:13 PM:

I

think someone is stirring it a bit, things are not really that bad

though we were rubbish last match we played.  Does the person who wrote

this hate Roeder?

YOU ARE HAVING A LAUGH HERE RITA......Things not really that bad.....where have you been!! 26 points from 26 matches is relegation fodder without a doubt.

We''ve been rubbish in all but about 5 games this season!

[quote user="porkyp"]

I think someone is stirring it a bit, things are not really that bad though we were rubbish last match we played.  Does the person who wrote this hate Roeder?

YOU ARE HAVING A LAUGH HERE RITA......Things not really that bad.....where have you been!! 26 points from 26 matches is relegation fodder without a doubt.

[/quote]

LOL I know things are not great but we are not in the bottom 3 at the moment so how can it be relegation form.  It annoys me that we cannot play like we did against Wolves or the scum every week.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Agree his days are numbered and when he''s gone I suggest we have a pinkun posters celebration party. Who''s up for it?[/quote]

You know that things never get done on this Forum. Brewery, organise and piss-up spring to mind.

[/quote]

If Roeder leaves I will personally organise a pinkun get-together to celebrate ( after I''ve helped him pack his bags of course)

[quote user="River End Rita"][quote user="porkyp"]

[/quote]

LOL I know things are not great but we are not in the bottom 3 at the moment so how can it be relegation form.  It annoys me that we cannot play like we did against Wolves or the scum every week.

[/quote]

Rita,

Even if we win every single game left at home - which given our form is extremely unlikely - we''ll still only have 56 points which may or may not be enough to keep us up. Away form is a joke so we may as well write that off now. Do you not see that as relegation form?

How many of those 10 home games do you really expect to win?

Agree 100% and so would most others because it is the truth!

I take my hat of (if I was wearing one!) to the guy Aiken for actually taking the bull by the horns by becoming the 1st of our local media moguls to say it as it actually is instead of trying to tip toe around the oh so obvious issue that is we''ve got a totally incompetant manager!

RoedernowhereOUT! 

Time''s up Rodent,Statistically, in terms of win percentage, he is getting close to being one of the worst managers we''ve ever had. He''s almost as bad as Hamilton, but not close to Deehan and Megson - yet!Just click %W (win percentage) in the far right hand side of this tablehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwich_City_F.C.#ManagersA quick calculation on a spreadsheet (using the data from Wiki) shows that of all the managers in NCFC history who have been in charge for more than 60 games (Rodents tenure) he has the fourth highest percentage of games lost.    Name         In charge    Defeats    Defeat %1    Cyril Spiers     65               38     58.52    Bob Young     78               38     48.73    Cecil Potter     101             45     44.64    Glenn Roeder  60               26    43.3The facts don''t lie - we are heading for relegation.Crying [:''(]

In fact if you took our form as it is now, having won 7 and drawn 5 of the 26 played so far (I know, scary isn''t it?), if we won the same amount of points from six less games, we''d finish on 52 points. And that will more than likely be enough to see us in League 1 next year.

We need change and we need it now.

You are correct W Mid Canary. I reckon 51 points based on similar performance levels. It will be touch and go for League 1. Even if we sack GR. Today will be interesting...lose and it could just be ''goodbye''. Still not sure new manager could get us enough points in time however but I really want GR out and quickly.

[quote user="sonyc"]

You are correct W Mid Canary. I reckon 51 points based on similar performance levels. It will be touch and go for League 1. Even if we sack GR. Today will be interesting...lose and it could just be ''goodbye''. Still not sure new manager could get us enough points in time however but I really want GR out and quickly.

[/quote]Not to mention that initially we had an in form Stefanovic, a firing Lita, and an in form Kennedy.... we have none of those now, plus morale must be lower than before... so based on that alone suggests we''re gonna struggle now, unless Roeder pulls a cat out the bag in January. That''s the only thing to save him now!

[quote user="WestMidlandCanary"][quote user="River End Rita"][quote user="porkyp"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rita,

Even if we win every single game left at home - which given our form is extremely unlikely - we''ll still only have 56 points which may or may not be enough to keep us up. Away form is a joke so we may as well write that off now. Do you not see that as relegation form?

How many of those 10 home games do you really expect to win?

[/quote]

Yeah but why do you think the clubs below us will get better?

Oh dear me Rita just look at our last fixture of the season will you please.I am worried if you aren''t because we do not do last games of the season away from home.I will not mention Fulham and we hardly covered ourselves in glory at Sheff Wed last May did we.