Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

Delia Smith you have a lot to answer for.......

I want her gone too, however it''s not just her it''s the whole board.  If they go who will come in and save the club?  PC?  Nope he''s said in not so many words he won''t.  So who?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I want her gone too, however it''s not just her it''s the whole board.  If they go who will come in and save the club?  PC?  Nope he''s said in not so many words he won''t.  So who?[/quote]

She should give the club to Cullum, as she has stated that she would give the club away for a tenner. But as we know she never sticks to her word does she?!

The club is a failure and she is conducting the orchestra! D'' D'' D'' effin'' useless!!!

[quote user="Gazza"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I want her gone too, however it''s not just her it''s the whole board.  If they go who will come in and save the club?  PC?  Nope he''s said in not so many words he won''t.  So who?[/quote]

She should give the club to Cullum, as she has stated that she would give the club away for a tenner. But as we know she never sticks to her word does she?!

The club is a failure and she is conducting the orchestra! D'' D'' D'' effin'' useless!!!

[/quote]

I think she should get back what she put in and that''s it.

She will never give the club away, regardless of what she has said in the past.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Disagree sorry!, she should go now with her tail between her legs. This club is in the worst state it has ever been and is purely down to her and her cronies mis-managment!

UNFORGIVABLE!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bo##ox!!

She has destroyed this club, I have never felt so despondent about things before and the sad thing is that the board don''t have a clue how to get us out of this mess. We will be in the conference before to long at our current rate of progress.

So all those who want her and the board gone, maybe you''d be so good as to answer with who we replace them with??? 

I want them gone but we have to be realistic about it, if there was someone who guaranteed they were waiting in the wings to take over then all well and good and I would join those who want them gone.

So who is going to come in and replace them?  And what if they did walk and there was no one to come in?  All valid questions, now perhaps provide some valid answers. [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

So all those who want her and the board gone, maybe you''d be so good as to answer with who we replace them with??? 

I want them gone but we have to be realistic about it, if there was someone who guaranteed they were waiting in the wings to take over then all well and good and I would join those who want them gone.

So who is going to come in and replace them?  And what if they did walk and there was no one to come in?  All valid questions, now perhaps provide some valid answers. [:)]

[/quote]

As I answered before Peter Cullum, she should remain good to her word and do what is right in the best interests of the club as she has stated she would do in the past an sell the club for a tenner!

Now you or anybody that does actually support this sham of an owner answer that????????????

Did you not read his recent bit in the paper?  He will not come in and save the club.  For gods sake we are heading into a recession, a real bad recession too.  Companies are folding left, right and centre.  So you can pretty much take PC out of the equation, so who is there to come in should the board go?

Why ask me that question when I don''t know why she said what she did.  She has said lots of things she doesn''t mean.  I don''t support the board and never have, read my past posts and you will see I have great dislike of them and want them gone as much as you.  However I do see the other side too, that there simply IS NOT anyone who is waiting to take over the reigns.

Just a reminder of what was in the EDP recently

Norwich City supporters'' New Year dreams are in tatters today after billionaire Peter Cullum said the impact of the credit crunch meant he could not ride to the rescue of the cash-strapped Canaries.

On the eve of the opening of the January transfer window, when clubs are allowed to buy and sell for a month, he said his business was, like many others, “under the cosh” as the recession continued to bite.

Meanwhile, City chief executive Neil Doncaster warned that the transfer kitty was empty and said players might have to be sold to pay for new ones.

It adds up to a depressing New Year for City fans, who are desperate to see new players at Carrow Road to drag the team away from the relegation zone and the threat of third flight football for the first time in more than 40 years.

Mr Cullum, executive chairman of Towergate, has been seen as City''s best hope of a revival of fortunes since revealing in the summer that he had made a £20m bid for control of the club.

On-off negotiations with the club have since broken down, although he continues to say he would not stand by if the club went into administration.

Speaking to the EDP, Mr Cullum said the financial outlook meant he could not put his hand in his pocket to bail out the Canaries.

He said: “The credit crunch is going to be hurting people, so suddenly investing in a football club is quite unlikely for many people - especially if you look at the numbers.

“If you did that, you would be seriously worried. You haven''t got to be much of a mathematician to work out that many football clubs are in trouble.

“Every business is being seriously hit by what''s going on in the wider economic environment. My business is no different. We are all under the cosh. And we can only guess what 2009 will hold.”

He said the economic situation had changed “significantly” since he made his offer at the end of 2007 to hand over £20m for new players in exchange for control of the club.

Joint majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones have since turned to football deal maker Keith Harris to look for investors or a buyer.

The Seymour Pierce chairman has an impressive track record, having brokered five Premier League takeover deals involving major overseas backers.

Mr Cullum, a lifelong City fan, said: “The club has appointed Keith Harris and he''s very well connected. I would never say never, but quite frankly I wouldn''t be on his list of possible investors to speak to.”

He also called for “fundamental changes” to the way football is run, warning that a number of clubs were in danger of going to the wall.

“It''s pretty desperate for most of the Championship clubs. The chairmen of each club have to get together to look at salary levels. People talk about the wages of city executives, but maybe its time to look at the wages of footballers.

“Based on the game against Nottingham Forest on Sunday, I can''t imagine many fans would say the players were worth what they earn.

“It''s very depressing but there''s got to be some fundamental changes to the way things are structured. It seems as though all football clubs are run for the benefit of the players and managers, not the fans. We need an economic reality check. The whole thing is no longer viable.”

Did you not read his recent bit in the paper?  He will not come in and save the club.  For gods sake we are heading into a recession, a real bad recession too.  Companies are folding left, right and centre.  So you can pretty much take PC out of the equation, so who is there to come in should the board go?

Why ask me that question when I don''t know why she said what she did.  She has said lots of things she doesn''t mean.  I don''t support the board and never have, read my past posts and you will see I have great dislike of them and want them gone as much as you.  However I do see the other side too, that there simply IS NOT anyone who is waiting to take over the reigns.

[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong as I am sure you will!, he did not state that in the EDP the other day at all....

PS: Surely we want owners that follow what they state they are going to do, do we not?. I find it amazing that she has not been ever took to task on some of these quotes....

Norwich City supporters'' New Year dreams are in tatters today after billionaire Peter Cullum said the impact of the credit crunch meant he could not ride to the rescue of the cash-strapped Canaries.

On the eve of the opening of the January transfer window, when clubs are allowed to buy and sell for a month, he said his business was, like many others, “under the cosh” as the recession continued to bite.

Meanwhile, City chief executive Neil Doncaster warned that the transfer kitty was empty and said players might have to be sold to pay for new ones.

It adds up to a depressing New Year for City fans, who are desperate to see new players at Carrow Road to drag the team away from the relegation zone and the threat of third flight football for the first time in more than 40 years.

Mr Cullum, executive chairman of Towergate, has been seen as City''s best hope of a revival of fortunes since revealing in the summer that he had made a £20m bid for control of the club.

On-off negotiations with the club have since broken down, although he continues to say he would not stand by if the club went into administration.

Speaking to the EDP, Mr Cullum said the financial outlook meant he could not put his hand in his pocket to bail out the Canaries.

He said: “The credit crunch is going to be hurting people, so suddenly investing in a football club is quite unlikely for many people - especially if you look at the numbers.

“If you did that, you would be seriously worried. You haven''t got to be much of a mathematician to work out that many football clubs are in trouble.

“Every business is being seriously hit by what''s going on in the wider economic environment. My business is no different. We are all under the cosh. And we can only guess what 2009 will hold.”

He said the economic situation had changed “significantly” since he made his offer at the end of 2007 to hand over £20m for new players in exchange for control of the club.

Joint majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones have since turned to football deal maker Keith Harris to look for investors or a buyer.

The Seymour Pierce chairman has an impressive track record, having brokered five Premier League takeover deals involving major overseas backers.

Mr Cullum, a lifelong City fan, said: “The club has appointed Keith Harris and he''s very well connected. I would never say never, but quite frankly I wouldn''t be on his list of possible investors to speak to.”

He also called for “fundamental changes” to the way football is run, warning that a number of clubs were in danger of going to the wall.

“It''s pretty desperate for most of the Championship clubs. The chairmen of each club have to get together to look at salary levels. People talk about the wages of city executives, but maybe its time to look at the wages of footballers.

“Based on the game against Nottingham Forest on Sunday, I can''t imagine many fans would say the players were worth what they earn.

“It''s very depressing but there''s got to be some fundamental changes to the way things are structured. It seems as though all football clubs are run for the benefit of the players and managers, not the fans. We need an economic reality check. The whole thing is no longer viable.”

[/quote]

Exactly what i said in my above post.....

[/quote]A multi-Billionaire (nationality uninmportant) and Alex Ferguson.

That C&P is from the actual article of the 31st December.  You think it''s wrong take it up with the EDP.

Look you want the board out at any cost, and I want the board out but with the finacial backing of someone waiting in the wings.

PC said he would not watch us go into administration, not be there if the board go that much is surely clear from the article.

Clearly you can only see one side, so I will leave this debate here, because regardless of what you say PC is not going to put money into our club any time soon.

Peter Cullum said the impact of the credit crunch meant he could not ride to the rescue of the cash-strapped Canaries.

[/quote]

No he didn''t. 

That''s what the EDP says he said.  A classic case of putting words into someone''s mouth.

Look at what he is actually quoted as saying.  

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]A multi-Billionaire (nationality uninmportant) and Alex Ferguson.[/quote]lol - thats far too ambitious for most little ole naaarwich fans...imagine the headlines in the edp - most of the punters on here would be pouring over the detail and giving every reason why it shouldn''t go ahead...preferring the devil they know!!!but in anwser to way49 - the more pressure that can be applied to this failing board to go, the better - a buyer will be found...they always are...but they''ve managed to screw up so much of late - can this board handle their exit from a position of strength???only if we can get to the end of the season still in the champs imo...

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Peter Cullum said the impact of the credit crunch meant he could not ride to the rescue of the cash-strapped Canaries.

[/quote]

No he didn''t. 

That''s what the EDP says he said.  A classic case of putting words into someone''s mouth.

[/quote]

May I suggest that, to those of you who would really like to really be informed, then you''d better read what Percy has to say about what the EDP says Peter Cullum didn''t say. Percy may end up driving herself crazy if she continues on this road.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

No he didn''t. 

[/quote]

May I suggest that, to those of you who would really like to really be informed, then you''d better read what Percy has to say about what the EDP says Peter Cullum didn''t say. Percy may end up driving herself crazy if she continues on this road.

[/quote]

I believe the recession hadn''t started when PC wanted some action. Explain that mate.

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

No he didn''t. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

I believe the recession hadn''t started when PC wanted some action. Explain that mate.

[/quote]

Arthur, I suspect Peter Cullum already knew what industry was in for before a lot of folks but, regardless, he didn''t have what it took to acquire the club pre-recession. We will all have to wait to see if he has what it takes post-recession. I personally hope he had enough liquidity tucked away to make it happen but I''m not holding my breath. Are you? 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

No he didn''t. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arthur, I suspect Peter Cullum already knew what industry was in for before a lot of folks but, regardless, he didn''t have what it took to acquire the club pre-recession. We will all have to wait to see if he has what it takes post-recession. I personally hope he had enough liquidity tucked away to make it happen but I''m not holding my breath. Are you? 

[/quote]

Well im sure Doncaster on his wages would''ve known aswell so why did''nt they consider it, he'' could''ve earned more in the ''city'' after all.

[quote user="kdncfc"]She has destroyed this club, I have never felt so despondent about things before and the sad thing is that the board don''t have a clue how to get us out of this mess. We will be in the conference before to long at our current rate of progress.[/quote]

Were you here in the 90s? Your dictionary obvoiusly has a different meaning for the word ''destroyed'' because last time I looked, we still had/have a club. Which is more than some fans of the big clubs consumed by corporate investors can say...

So, who should replace Delia then? I know they''ve appionted some international investor-search type people, but they are obviously not as good as the posters on this board, who have more ideas as to who should come in.... Please enlighten us.. and don''t say Cullum, as he''s already in the past few weeks said he''s not interested. So... who then?