Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Sat Jan 17 Barnsley at home show you care

I don''t know if she can Phat. She has put in what she can afford. She has said she will go back to work to put in more. She hasn''t got the millions that we would like to have. It maybe that the days will return where a millionaire is rich enough to own a succesful Championship team. Then maybe she can.

What Nutty is really saying that he hopes that GR will sort things out in the January transfer window, of course. For all of our sakesI hope he does sort it out and I hope that there will be three teams that finish up on less points than us. Isn`t hope such a wonderful thing.....

By the way Nutty do you still believe I am wrong to say that all of the good work from the Ipswich game has been undone?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t know if she can Phat. She has put in what she can afford. She has said she will go back to work to put in more. She hasn''t got the millions that we would like to have. It maybe that the days will return where a millionaire is rich enough to own a succesful Championship team. Then maybe she can.

[/quote]

She does have the power to sack the manager if he isn''t doing a good job though! Lets just hope something gets this club on it''s feet again sooner rather than later, we all support and love the same team and all want the best for the club, some of us just can handle the failure over the past three years of the board to get the club moving and to sit back and wait for things to happen rather than making things happen is the way some of us cope.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

What Nutty is really saying that he hopes that GR will sort things out in the January transfer window, of course. For all of our sakesI hope he does sort it out and I hope that there will be three teams that finish up on less points than us. Isn`t hope such a wonderful thing.....

By the way Nutty do you still believe I am wrong to say that all of the good work from the Ipswich game has been undone?

[/quote]

Well the point I was making about the timing is that Jan 17th is halfway through that window. And you can only assume there''s  months of preparation with contacts etc. leading up to the window. I don''t see how we can do anything else but hope Roeder sorts it out. The time to have changed it would have been October. Hopes a wonderful old thing and footballs a funny old game....

Yep.. I still think so SOB. We still have those 3 points and without them we would be in the bottom three.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

Surely the fans must protest or arrive 5 minutes late or do bloody something, we must do something! I can''t take this shi* any longer, the lack of any movement, maybe it''s time we moved the club forward ourselves,and don''t give me the same old line about "protests don''t help" at least it will show who gives a to** about the club falling apart and who''s happy to just keep ploding along! If a good few thousand act at the Barnsley game we CAN make a change happen. Cue the "happy to just get out of the house fans who honestly couldn''t give a sh*t if we win or lose" and their usual line about "supporting the club through the good and the bad" well i''m afraid i''ve been pushed to far this time,the pathetic showing against Forest and then Roeder on the radio prepering us for another sh*t transfer window down at good old Carrow Road. Heroes?, my ar*e.Time to rebuild?, that time has come and gone. Fans sticking together for the best of the club? Lets hope so.

[/quote]

Please just give Roeder and the board a chance, he'' only been able to plug gaps in our squad so far in the very short amount of time he''s been here and with little money.

Support him through the January transfer window until at least he''s had a chance to get in a couple of decent centre backs (I live in hope). If Kennedy and Stefanovic were fit I''m convinced we would have won at least three of the last five and we''d be mid table. Give him until March as any signings which come in over the window will have had time to bed in by then.

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

Surely the fans must protest or arrive 5 minutes late or do bloody something, we must do something! I can''t take this shi* any longer, the lack of any movement, maybe it''s time we moved the club forward ourselves,and don''t give me the same old line about "protests don''t help" at least it will show who gives a to** about the club falling apart and who''s happy to just keep ploding along! If a good few thousand act at the Barnsley game we CAN make a change happen. Cue the "happy to just get out of the house fans who honestly couldn''t give a sh*t if we win or lose" and their usual line about "supporting the club through the good and the bad" well i''m afraid i''ve been pushed to far this time,the pathetic showing against Forest and then Roeder on the radio prepering us for another sh*t transfer window down at good old Carrow Road. Heroes?, my ar*e.Time to rebuild?, that time has come and gone. Fans sticking together for the best of the club? Lets hope so.

[/quote]

Please just give Roeder and the board a chance, he'' only been able to plug gaps in our squad so far in the very short amount of time he''s been here and with little money.

Support him through the January transfer window until at least he''s had a chance to get in a couple of decent centre backs (I live in hope). If Kennedy and Stefanovic were fit I''m convinced we would have won at least three of the last five and we''d be mid table. Give him until March as any signings which come in over the window will have had time to bed in by then.

[/quote]

But they weren''t and we didn''t, living on what might have beens will see us relegated, we need wins,three points. He asked for the summer to rebuild the team and he failed, now we have to give him January to re build,well what happens when we fail as usual to bring in the players we need to,what then? HOPE!

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But they weren''t and we didn''t, living on what might have beens will see us relegated, we need wins,three points. He asked for the summer to rebuild the team and he failed, now we have to give him January to re build,well what happens when we fail as usual to bring in the players we need to,what then? HOPE!

[/quote]

The January transfer is his last chance, has to get it right or his reputation and career is screwed. I think he has been so unlucky losing his two centre backs and now has the chance to sort it.

If he doesn''t then he has lost my support too, centre backs have been needed at the club for about ten years and it''s a bug bear of mine we never sign them.

Is the statistic corect the only two permanant CB''s we''ve signed in ten years are Mackay and Stefanovic?

[quote user="max"]I dont care what happens, i support norwich and therefore i will go to everygame i can, i dont care whats going on, i give my support 100% of the way, and well... If you dont, then think to yourself, do you really support norwich?[/quote]

Back to school on Monday Max?

I can only take your nieve blinkeredness as you being a young guy who not been going for very long?

Your undying support is commendable but you have to realise that our great club is in major decline caused by a board that is now tired and not well of enough and a manager that is making poor decision after poor decision proving hes not good enough to be a manager. We are in grave danger of seeing 3rd tier football at Carrow Road for the 1st time since 1960!

Myself - I''ll always go to games like I have since I was a kid many years before all seaters, sponsorship, Delia Smith wearing an Ipswich rossete in 1977 etc. Its what I do and I''ll not stop going to games because of any board member or inept manager because in my opinion no one is bigger than the club!

That said I''ll happily go to a protest against this disasterous spell in our history that is the Glen Roeder<nowhere> tenure as manager to try and make the board think about getting rid of the useless pri*k!

Roederout before its to late and he drags us into League 1!

For a start Dochertys been our best CB this year by quite some distance far superior to Stefanovic and the very over rated but slow Kennedy!

You could see Kennedys was a good player but the constant injuries have taken their toll and he was a slow liability in his latter games for us even to the extent of Shefqui  Kuqi out pacing him. In hinsight the club would of been better of keeping good stopper and the much quicker Shackell and not taking on Kennedy, but again this is another poor decision which has contributed to the the bad term in charge of Roedernowhere!

Stefanovic is classy when playing the ball but at times his defending was suspect which is the 1st job of a CB. The Doc isn''t as classy but is a better stopper.

The Doc was covering for the other 3 defenders in the last game against Forest and I dread to think of what the score would of been without him!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

For a start Dochertys been our best CB this year by quite some distance far superior to Stefanovic and the very over rated but slow Kennedy!

You could see Kennedys was a good player but the constant injuries have taken their toll and he was a slow liability in his latter games for us even to the extent of Shefqui  Kuqi out pacing him. In hinsight the club would of been better of keeping good stopper and the much quicker Shackell and not taking on Kennedy, but again this is another poor decision which has contributed to the the bad term in charge of Roedernowhere!

Stefanovic is classy when playing the ball but at times his defending was suspect which is the 1st job of a CB. The Doc isn''t as classy but is a better stopper.

The Doc was covering for the other 3 defenders in the last game against Forest and I dread to think of what the score would of been without him!

[/quote]I can''t understand why he gets so much stick.

He doesn''t get so much stick now because hes doing well and after seeing Stefanovic and Kennedy fans realise that the grass isn''t greener!

I think Forest could of had at least 5 if the Doc hadn''t been around!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Totally agree, have to say Doc is playing well at the moment, i still think letting Shackell go was a another big mistake from the club, he was not a bad player to have around as cover if your main defenders got injured.

I''ve said on MORE than 2 occasions I''d be happy to see us go down playing good football Mr Carrow. I''ll go on to say I find it incredulous that anybody would want anything else - unless of course you consider the ''fans'' who dont actually go and merely get bragging rights from league position and stats, which is fair enough.

However I am honestly of the opinion that if we resort to being another Wimbledon / Swansea / Watford / Bolton / Stoke then crowds will dwindle and pride will fall. I''d much rather be a West ham / Forest, even Crewe, the beautiful game is justly named for a reason -

I''m personally still bathing in the glory of the Ipswich game even at 59 minutes I was SO PROUD of the way we were playing. If we''d lost the game i''d still have the moral high ground that we''d played the game the way its meant to be played. I despise the Huckerbyesque tactics of going down when touched, yes its a sad part of the game but it doesn''t make it right.

Its not why I fell in love with football and subsequently NCFC

Football will come back.... but cycles take time

I just wanted to add that much criticism of Roeder has been made re motivation

FFS if £5k a week wouldn''t motivate you for 90 minutes a week then there are certain players who should be sacked when the whistle blows (and in effect have been - well done Roeder)

Its never ceases to amaze me the fans protect and defend the most blatant culprits of the clubs poor position and choose to instead target the people who actually work the hardest and exhibit the purist intentions

[quote user="IBA"]I''ve said on MORE than 2 occasions I''d be happy to see us go down playing good football Mr Carrow. I''ll go on to say I find it incredulous that anybody would want anything else - unless of course you consider the ''fans'' who dont actually go and merely get bragging rights from league position and stats, which is fair enough. However I am honestly of the opinion that if we resort to being another Wimbledon / Swansea / Watford / Bolton / Stoke then crowds will dwindle and pride will fall. I''d much rather be a West ham / Forest, even Crewe, the beautiful game is justly named for a reason - I''m personally still bathing in the glory of the Ipswich game even at 59 minutes I was SO PROUD of the way we were playing. If we''d lost the game i''d still have the moral high ground that we''d played the game the way its meant to be played. I despise the Huckerbyesque tactics of going down when touched, yes its a sad part of the game but it doesn''t make it right. Its not why I fell in love with football and subsequently NCFC Football will come back.... but cycles take time[/quote]

I agree IBA, although I would like to point out that although Swansea used to play long ball, they now play some good tidy football under Martinez.

Kicking off to an empty ground, arranging a protest or anything like this.....NOTHING will happen, the board will NOT change because a bunch of muppets act like 5 year olds and throw their toys out of the pram. All this will do is make our club look a laughing stock and get us in the newspaper for being a joke.The fans supporting the club is something Norwich is proud of, why dont we keep something intact this season?

[quote user="bradley11"]Kicking off to an empty ground, arranging a protest or anything like this.....NOTHING will happen, the board will NOT change because a bunch of muppets act like 5 year olds and throw their toys out of the pram. All this will do is make our club look a laughing stock and get us in the newspaper for being a joke.

The fans supporting the club is something Norwich is proud of, why dont we keep something intact this season?
[/quote]

Why bless you, sorry for wanting the club to move forward and not continue on the slippery path it''s on, if i''m a muppet for speaking the truth and not being happy with the sh*t we have been served up for the past three seasons, then slap my green ar*e and call me Kermy!!!! Lets all just sit on are backsides and do nothing, just hope and pray things get better, with the smallest squad we''ve ever had and a manager who can''t get the team to perform we stand a great chance of staying up don''t we!

[quote user="IBA"]I''ve said on MORE than 2 occasions I''d be happy to see us go down playing good football Mr Carrow. I''ll go on to say I find it incredulous that anybody would want anything else - unless of course you consider the ''fans'' who dont actually go and merely get bragging rights from league position and stats, which is fair enough. However I am honestly of the opinion that if we resort to being another Wimbledon / Swansea / Watford / Bolton / Stoke then crowds will dwindle and pride will fall. I''d much rather be a West ham / Forest, even Crewe, the beautiful game is justly named for a reason - I''m personally still bathing in the glory of the Ipswich game even at 59 minutes I was SO PROUD of the way we were playing. If we''d lost the game i''d still have the moral high ground that we''d played the game the way its meant to be played. I despise the Huckerbyesque tactics of going down when touched, yes its a sad part of the game but it doesn''t make it right. Its not why I fell in love with football and subsequently NCFC Football will come back.... but cycles take time[/quote]

So you`re happy with a relegation which could well cripple the club as long as we play nice tippy-tappy football and you start a thread questioning whether we really want a cup run.......

You appear to be a living embodiment of the passionless, gutless, non-competetive, meek, ultra-cautious (verging on paranoid) malaise which is at the root of the downward spiral the club has got itself into.

Grow up Mr C

Of course i wouldn''t be ''happy'' with relegation.... you''re rather pathetically putting words into my mouth. But YES (if capital letters helps you understand) I would rather drop a division to maintain the ethics of the beautiful game. I doubt it would cripple the club, there are far worse cases than ourselves that have sailed through worse times. The petulance indicated on this board is worthy of a Liverpool message board...... "passionless, gutless, non-competetive, meek, ultra-cautious (verging on paranoid) malais" Oh I dont think so... you''re entitled to your blinkered and short term opinion of course, but stop pre empting (sp?) what people say. I''ve supported home and away for 45 years I live and breathe yellow and green in spite of never living anywhere near the place. Non competitive? FFS... I''ve got a stab wound to prove my commitment, admittedly from the dark days but please.... dont you ****ing dare question my commitment. I''ve put in tens of thousands of £ into the club during my time and (as my wife once worked out) 100,000+ miles and to this day dont regret a moment of my time or endeavour

I can assure you that in the 30+ years I''ve been involved there is no regime that has been as passionate or dedicated to the cause as the current one.

My best friend, A Norwich fan to the core (and a current Derby City Coach) used to post on here but jacked it because of CM warriors such as yourself. You hhave absolutely no ****ing idea what the board has been though. For example can you tell me which Board member took a second mortgage on his personal home to part facilitate the purchase of a (useless) player about three years ago? I doubt he''ll ever pay that off.... yet he takes the abuse on here ......

whatever.... Enjoy your hoofball

Read of that as you will

[quote user="IBA"]Grow up Mr C Of course i wouldn''t be ''happy'' with relegation.... you''re rather pathetically putting words into my mouth. But YES (if capital letters helps you understand) I would rather drop a division to maintain the ethics of the beautiful game. I doubt it would cripple the club, there are far worse cases than ourselves that have sailed through worse times. The petulance indicated on this board is worthy of a Liverpool message board...... "passionless, gutless, non-competetive, meek, ultra-cautious (verging on paranoid) malais" Oh I dont think so... you''re entitled to your blinkered and short term opinion of course, but stop pre empting (sp?) what people say. I''ve supported home and away for 45 years I live and breathe yellow and green in spite of never living anywhere near the place. Non competitive? FFS... I''ve got a stab wound to prove my commitment, admittedly from the dark days but please.... dont you ****ing dare question my commitment. I''ve put in tens of thousands of £ into the club during my time and (as my wife once worked out) 100,000+ miles and to this day dont regret a moment of my time or endeavour I can assure you that in the 30+ years I''ve been involved there is no regime that has been as passionate or dedicated to the cause as the current one. My best friend, A Norwich fan to the core (and a current Derby City Coach) used to post on here but jacked it because of CM warriors such as yourself. You hhave absolutely no ****ing idea what the board has been though. For example can you tell me which Board member took a second mortgage on his personal home to part facilitate the purchase of a (useless) player about three years ago? I doubt he''ll ever pay that off.... yet he takes the abuse on here ...... whatever.... Enjoy your hoofball Read of that as you will[/quote]

IBA, you are obviously a passionate guy but surely you can''t honestly believe that the club would survive if we get relegated? and to say that you would rather drop down a division and play the beautiful game is bloody crazy,just bloody crazy, along with you i have put thousands into the club over the years and thats why i can''t keep ignoring the mistakes the board keep making, i respect them for their passion and dedication but their bad choices are costing us big time!

YAY another crap game and another loss, so then folks outside the City Stand next Saturday from 14:00 we must call for Roeders Sacking,come on people we have to act!!! And yes Nutty now i am saying PROTEST!!

[quote user="IBA"]Grow up Mr C Of course i wouldn''t be ''happy'' with relegation.... you''re rather pathetically putting words into my mouth. But YES (if capital letters helps you understand) I would rather drop a division to maintain the ethics of the beautiful game. I doubt it would cripple the club, there are far worse cases than ourselves that have sailed through worse times. The petulance indicated on this board is worthy of a Liverpool message board...... "passionless, gutless, non-competetive, meek, ultra-cautious (verging on paranoid) malais" Oh I dont think so... you''re entitled to your blinkered and short term opinion of course, but stop pre empting (sp?) what people say. I''ve supported home and away for 45 years I live and breathe yellow and green in spite of never living anywhere near the place. Non competitive? FFS... I''ve got a stab wound to prove my commitment, admittedly from the dark days but please.... dont you ****ing dare question my commitment. I''ve put in tens of thousands of £ into the club during my time and (as my wife once worked out) 100,000+ miles and to this day dont regret a moment of my time or endeavour I can assure you that in the 30+ years I''ve been involved there is no regime that has been as passionate or dedicated to the cause as the current one. My best friend, A Norwich fan to the core (and a current Derby City Coach) used to post on here but jacked it because of CM warriors such as yourself. You hhave absolutely no ****ing idea what the board has been though. For example can you tell me which Board member took a second mortgage on his personal home to part facilitate the purchase of a (useless) player about three years ago? I doubt he''ll ever pay that off.... yet he takes the abuse on here ...... whatever.... Enjoy your hoofball Read of that as you will[/quote]

"I`ve said on MORE than two occasions i`d be happy to see us go down playing good football Mr.Carrow."

"Grow up Mr C Of course i wouldn`t be `happy` with relegation.....you`re rather pathetically putting words into my mouth."

I should calm down a bit IBA, you seem to be getting a tad confused......[:|]

Yet another outsider who thinks he knows what`s best for us.  Do one.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

YAY another crap game and another loss, so then folks outside the City Stand next Saturday from 14:00 we must call for Roeders Sacking,come on people we have to act!!! And yes Nutty now i am saying PROTEST!!

[/quote]

You always were (on here). I didn''t go today, were there Roeder out chants like at Charlton? You may get support and you may not. Tough one to call. We''ll find out at fourteen hundred hours on the 17th. Will Mr Carrow be in (outside) the City Stand?

Wouldnt it be better for a protest tuesday night,

a game that means a lot less nd we dnt need to win as much?

then if things dont happen, protest saturday aswell,

let the board know what the fans realy want!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

You always were (on here). I didn''t go today, were there Roeder out chants like at Charlton? You may get support and you may not. Tough one to call. We''ll find out at fourteen hundred hours on the 17th. Will Mr Carrow be in (outside) the City Stand?

[/quote]

Nutty, i rather like your coy method of refusing to respond to my posts but referring to me in posts aimed at other people.....a bit like girl playing hard to get [:P].

It`s taken four years for alot of the ignorant majority to realise where the problems are, and it will probably take another four for a decent number of them to stop pontificating and prevaricating long enough to do something about it.  Not alot i can do about that i`m afraid.  It`s a bit like global warming; it`s only worth becoming an activist and trying to educate people if you actually believe that enough people are capable of taking it in, accepting the scary reality and changing their habits to make a difference.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Yet another outsider who thinks he knows what`s best for us.  Do one.

[/quote]

A little uneccesary don''t you think Mr C. A supporter home and away for 45 years but because he doesn''t come from Naaarfalk and/or agree with you he can ''do one''.

For what it''s worth if I was given the choice of scraping survival by playing hoofball or going down playing ''The Norwich Way'' then I''d choose the latter. The thing is we''re not doing either at the moment.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutty, i rather like your coy method of refusing to respond to my posts but referring to me in posts aimed at other people.....a bit like girl playing hard to get [:P].

It`s taken four years for alot of the ignorant majority to realise where the problems are, and it will probably take another four for a decent number of them to stop pontificating and prevaricating long enough to do something about it.  Not alot i can do about that i`m afraid.  It`s a bit like global warming; it`s only worth becoming an activist and trying to educate people if you actually believe that enough people are capable of taking it in, accepting the scary reality and changing their habits to make a difference.

[/quote]

"The ignorant majority"! Who''s that then Mr Carrow? Four years? According to you this board carried on where Chase left off so IF you''re right then it''s probably 23 years and counting? Or is that 4 years since you stopped pontificating and prevaricating. An activist takes action and the only activists I have seen around the club over the last couple of seasons are the board themselves. What makes you an activist?