Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Sat Jan 17 Barnsley at home show you care

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

Hugely respected by clubs all over the country, nice one thats us saved from relegation then!!

[/quote]

Are we already relegated now? What is your protest going to achieve?

I''ll give you a clue here - what did the other protests against Chase and Worthy achieve?

[/quote]

For Christ sake Nutty, we are well on the way to relegation just look at the bloody table man and the fact that we can''t win 2 games on the spin just doesn''t look good to me, and if you go back to my post i actually never said lets protest i said we should do something to show that enough is enough, if someone comes up with a good idea to show how unhappy most fans are without the need to protest then that would be grate on the other hand if a protest is all we come up with ,then so be it, or maybe i''ll just sit back and watch the club fall apart like so many others are doing!

"In the infamous Mayo interview Delias response to the question "So, are you in it for the long-haul then?" was "Definately, definately, definately".  Now that is pretty conclusive.  There is a big difference, as i`m sure you are aware nutty, between actively angling to make a profit on something and taking the attitude that as you really don`t want to sell, it would take an "offer you can`t refuse" to consider it."

"So is Barclay_boy right about Delias motives or not?"

I think only two people can know that nutty.  But i think they are looking for Turner-type investment and i don`t think for a second they want to sell up.  The club has a break-up value of £30 per share (assets less liabilities), now why would people who don`t actually want to sell accept less than that figure?

You often argue that we can`t know that whoever takes over from D and M will do a better job than them yet you are happy to constantly state that the Chase out protests got the club nowhere.  How can you know where we`d be had we not got Chase out nutty?  IMO we`d be the Crewe of the East, possibly an official "feeder-club" for one of the big boys (yes, that was one of his wonderful ideas), but then we`d have a lovely big Chasedome to admire so we`d all be told to feel grateful and lucky.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][

Yes i`d be much more comfortable being in a financial mess if we had been ambitious and gone for the big prize.  It would have been exciting and at least the clubs competitive integrity would be intact.  As it stands we are in a financial mess despite having given up on trying to be competitive on the pitch which is too pathetic for words.

[/quote]

See - more spin Mr Carrow! What basis is there to the comment that the club has given up trying to be competetive on the pitch?

All spin and no knickers[:O]

[/quote]

FFS, here we go again.  Where`s that half demolished brick wall......

It`s MY OPINION nutty, which i have backed up time and again with figures from the accounts.  We finished receiving the £14.2m parachute payments having sold about £15m+ worth of talent with a squad which cost less to assemble than the money we got from selling one player: Dean Ashton.

Even good old Blah has admitted that the club have not been competitive on player wages since relegation.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]I`ve never seen the evidence for that 40+ statement- it may be accurate if you go back fifty years but then how valid is that?[/quote]

As far as I''m aware there is no definitive list available, but this article in 2005 suggests 37 clubs into administration from 1992 - 2005.  There have been between 5 and 10 since then, not to mention other clubs like Coventry who were  saved at the 11th hour.  There are many similar articles littered around the internet if you dig for them.

[quote]The pulling of ITV Digital - while Brian Barwick ran ITV Sport - precipitated insolvency for many Football League clubs hovering on the brink. Since 1992, 37 of the League''s 72 clubs, over half, fell into administration or receivership, with clubs relegated from the Premiership collapsing hardest: Ipswich, Leicester, Derby, Bradford, Wimbledon, Barnsley, Queen''s Park Rangers and others.[/quote]

[/quote]

Most of the clubs listed there are above us Blah.....[^o)]

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

Hugely respected by clubs all over the country, nice one thats us saved from relegation then!!

[/quote]

Are we already relegated now? What is your protest going to achieve?

I''ll give you a clue here - what did the other protests against Chase and Worthy achieve?

[/quote]

For Christ sake Nutty, we are well on the way to relegation just look at the bloody table man and the fact that we can''t win 2 games on the spin just doesn''t look good to me, and if you go back to my post i actually never said lets protest i said we should do something to show that enough is enough, if someone comes up with a good idea to show how unhappy most fans are without the need to protest then that would be grate on the other hand if a protest is all we come up with ,then so be it, or maybe i''ll just sit back and watch the club fall apart like so many others are doing!

[/quote]

Well it just so happens that my opinion is that if we rip the club apart now by protesting against Smith&Jones to force them out then we will be relegated for sure. It''s also my opinion that if we are going to sack the manager it needs to be done today. Waiting ''til the Barnsley game will be too late because that''s nearly halfway through January. As we have to assume that the business for the January window is already in progress even to sack him now would cause any new manager to start from scratch and unless he already had extensive contacts I don''t see much of an advantage.

So what do you hope to acvhieve Phat?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][

Yes i`d be much more comfortable being in a financial mess if we had been ambitious and gone for the big prize.  It would have been exciting and at least the clubs competitive integrity would be intact.  As it stands we are in a financial mess despite having given up on trying to be competitive on the pitch which is too pathetic for words.

[/quote]

See - more spin Mr Carrow! What basis is there to the comment that the club has given up trying to be competetive on the pitch?

[/quote]

It`s MY OPINION nutty, which i have backed up time and again with figures from the accounts.  We finished receiving the £14.2m parachute payments having sold about £15m+ worth of talent with a squad which cost less to assemble than the money we got from selling one player: Dean Ashton.

Even good old Blah has admitted that the club have not been competitive on player wages since relegation.

[/quote]

No.. it''s your opinion that you have moulded selected parts of the accounts to fit Mr Carrow. And, since we have been having these discussions on here for the last 2 years it''s an opinion that has changed with a liberal amount of hindsight. As of course everyones does when they analyse the past looking for mistakes. Unfortuinately the board make decisions at the time without the benefit of hindsight.

Since 2000, 42 professional clubs in the Football League and the lower divisions such as the Football Conference have gone into administration - some more than once. The link is here: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7741859.stm

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No.. it''s your opinion that you have moulded selected parts of the accounts to fit Mr Carrow. And, since we have been having these discussions on here for the last 2 years it''s an opinion that has changed with a liberal amount of hindsight. [/quote]

Except that some of us were voicing our concerns about the spending on tangible fixed assets to certain people before the last 2 years !!

Have a nice day!

"as to me it seems that the damage that has been done over the last 3 seasons will take a lot of time to be repaired. Unfortunately, unless there are 3 teams that remain worse than us during the second half of the season, I truly believe that we will be in league one, before any potential remedies have time to work for the better"

3 Seasons? What about prior to that?

Unfortunately the current joint majority shareholders make noise about shipping out, yet want their money back from the new owner. They would be legends if they decided to leave some of their money in the club and stand aside to allow new investment an easier path in.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.. it''s your opinion that you have moulded selected parts of the accounts to fit Mr Carrow. And, since we have been having these discussions on here for the last 2 years it''s an opinion that has changed with a liberal amount of hindsight. As of course everyones does when they analyse the past looking for mistakes. Unfortuinately the board make decisions at the time without the benefit of hindsight.

Since 2000, 42 professional clubs in the Football League and the lower divisions such as the Football Conference have gone into administration - some more than once. The link is here: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7741859.stm

[/quote]

Hmmm, so i wonder how many of the 42 were "Lower divisions such as the Football Conference" then.  Good spin.

As you have pointed out, i was fairly nuetral in `04, which as a fair-minded person is reasonable considering i`d only just started receiving the accounts.  I then based my, now stronger, opinion on what i`ve read in the accounts and how that tallies with statements from the board.  I haven`t had to mould anything nutty, i can just accept reality for what it is rather than flip-flopping round it because i don`t like what i see.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Good job the British Legend, Winston Churchill wasn''t put off by the doomsters before WW2. Forward, the tide is turning!

[/quote]I hate to be picky but he was the doomster before WW2. The rest of the Conservative Party was convinced that Hitler was confinable and welcomed his anti-communism. Churchill sided against the Conservative Party and with most of the Labour Party who took an anti-Hitler stance. At the time most of the Conservative Party hated him for it (and some continued to plot against him even after he became PM) - a fact which surprisingly (that''s irony again Barclay Boy) they have subsequently chosen to forget!

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Good job the British Legend, Winston Churchill wasn''t put off by the doomsters before WW2. Forward, the tide is turning!

[/quote]

I always thought this forum was a bit like Dads Army![:O]

You can be Corporal Jones [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can be Pike, stupid boy! LOL!

[quote user="Forces2Canaries"]

Just a thought here - and looking at the divided opinion between fans on whether we should boo or not, whether protests work etc.

How about instead of the booing, fans who want change, wear a black armband to the game, or failing that a black item of clothingand leave anything with club colours on at home?

Surely a significant gesture that OUR football club is slowly dieing?

[/quote]

I like it!

It won''t put the team off the job in hand, but it will make the board aware of our mass-dissatisfaction!

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d rather be Godfrey, Pike has to be one of the younger posters... Jas is in with a shout[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d rather be Godfrey, Pike has to be one of the younger posters... Jas is in with a shout[:O]

So which of our regular posters would be the ARP warden (Hodges - I think?)

[/quote]

Thing is a majority of the support now is "the new age fan" who only jumped on the bandwagon when we got promotion. They havent known anything other than 1 promotion and around 4 years of struggling. its natural to them to sit back and let it happen becuase they can not recall a us being an established top flight team. Classic example of this is a lad my son is friends with, has a girlfirend who brought a top "premiership here we come", despite the fact she had never been to a game before, and is to this day happy for the day out. Well im not denying anyone the right to have a nice day out, but wouldnt it be nice if the team matched our support???

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t know but My old mate Lapp is Fraser because "we''re doomed". Smudger can be Captain Mainwaring so Warden Hodges is obviously someone who is against him. I can''t think of anyone who fits that bill [*-)]

Are all these "new age fans" in the Jarrold stand Arthur? And do any of them go away?

Would you like to be warden Hodges???

Are all these "new age fans" in the Jarrold stand Arthur? And do any of them go away?

[/quote]I thought I could smell incense at the last home game... and I presume they''re not being quiet, they''re meditating?

[/quote]

They are everywhere. Look around the ground, you can tell the ones who latched onto football when it became a fashion.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t know but My old mate Lapp is Fraser because "we''re doomed". Smudger can be Captain Mainwaring so Warden Hodges is obviously someone who is against him. I can''t think of anyone who fits that bill [*-)]

[/quote]

Surely Smudger is Warden Hodges (seems to have similar ''snarling'' demeanour[;)]) so Capt M would have to be someone who he considers to be the arch ''board apologist''?   

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

They are everywhere. Look around the ground, you can tell the ones who latched onto football when it became a fashion.

[/quote]

Well the ones around me are pretty much "all their lives fans" of course if they''re under 25 it would be very difficult for them to remember the 60''s, 70''s 80''s and early 90''s. So shall we just ban those ones and keep the rest?

[quote user="macdougallsperm"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely Smudger is Warden Hodges (seems to have similar ''snarling'' demeanour[;)]) so Capt M would have to be someone who he considers to be the arch ''board apologist''?   

[/quote]

OK... but I still wanna be Godfrey!

You can be Sergeant Wilson [:O] 

Now can I be excused[:$]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well the ones around me are pretty much "all their lives fans" of course if they''re under 25 it would be very difficult for them to remember the 60''s, 70''s 80''s and early 90''s. So shall we just ban those ones and keep the rest?

[/quote]

Twist my words all you like....explain this then, why did our average gate go up from around 14,000 to 24,000-and no i dont mean when the South stand was knocked down i mean before? Try and answer honestly rather than spin and bull sh#t. We had gates of 14,000 ish the years before before the promotion fashion brigade knocked Man Utd on the head and actually started to go to games. i had people sat around me who openly admited they used to support Spurs, Liverpool etc but now followed Norwich, and im talking people in there 30s.

Ha ha! I''ll be Sergeant Wilson then! [:)]

Now ... who''s Mainwaring?!

Actually forget what I said about M needing to be a board apologist, just because Wiz and CT would make a brilliant Mainwaring and Pike. [:D]  

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Twist my words all you like....explain this then, why did our average gate go up from around 14,000 to 24,000-and no i dont mean when the South stand was knocked down i mean before? Try and answer honestly rather than spin and bull sh#t. We had gates of 14,000 ish the years before before the promotion fashion brigade knocked Man Utd on the head and actually started to go to games. i had people sat around me who openly admited they used to support Spurs, Liverpool etc but now followed Norwich, and im talking people in there 30s.

[/quote]

Well alright.. keep yer hair on [:''(]

I asked you where they were and stated that the ones around me are pretty much "all their lives" fans. That my friend is a fact. So perhaps they are all in the Jarrold, or the upper Barclay or even the River End. Now the ages they are obviously makes a difference to how long they''ve been a fan! And it''s pretty much accepted that the "kids for a quid" initiatives in the late 90''s were the seeds for an increase in the amount of younger fans this century. And of course the play off final where over 30,000 Norwich fans went to Wales. Maybe some caught the bug there. And of course the boards policy of affordable family football.

When did you catch the bug Arthur.. what was your first game?

[quote user="macdougallsperm"]

Actually forget what I said about M needing to be a board apologist, just because Wiz and CT would make a brilliant Mainwaring and Pike. [:D]  

[/quote]

Wiz: Don''t tell ''em your name CT [*-)]

OK....

But that makes you CT''s "Uncle Arthur" so just make sure he wears that scarf.....

Smudger wrote the following post at 30/12/2008 1:03 PM:

Match Day Pie wrote:

Protest about what? ''We don''t like what''s going on but we haven''t got any solutions''. Brilliant. Roeder isn''t the problem, and neither is Delia. The problem is we can''t find anyone who wants to take over the club and shift it up a gear. Instead of protesting, how about getting several hundred people together to discuss taking over the club, constructively?

oh you know of several hundred millionaires do you... or at the very least several hundred people with a few hundred thousand quid to pump in to a football club?

Even then you will of course have to get over the hurdle of Delia not actually wanting to sell...

---------------------------

What''s the harm in trying to find out? All you lot seem to want to do is bitch, bitch, bitch and hope that someone else comes up with the answer. Which makes you part of the problem.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="macdougallsperm"]

[/quote]

Wiz: Don''t tell ''em your name CT [*-)]

OK....

But that makes you CT''s "Uncle Arthur" so just make sure he wears that scarf.....

[/quote]

That I will ... and I''ll make sure he keeps his vest tucked in as well. [:D]