Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Sat Jan 17 Barnsley at home show you care

[quote user="max"]I dont care what happens, i support norwich and therefore i will go to everygame i can, i dont care whats going on, i give my support 100% of the way, and well... If you dont, then think to yourself, do you really support norwich?[/quote]

Deliar loves people like you!

Beautifully summed up Zipper. I have been very down today (though going to work and talking about other things does help!). I don''t like what is happening to the club, but just can''t contemplate not going. We have had this conversation so many times over the past few years. It''s very sad that so many fans who have been going for years have decided enough is enough.

I really love TV football (when it''s not us). I enjoy the football on Sky on Saturday night; I enjoy the wonderful games the FA Cup throws up, all those small clubs entertaining a big name, fantastic. I am really looking forward to watching all of this next weekend.

Worthy indeed had his moments, and a great deal of them were really good, but he was never going to replicate them year on year. Look who were (and still are) his paymasters. Therein you have your answer as to why we are still in the same old place, managers change, players change. Our position in this league rarely does, a true reflection maybe of the Board and their management (or lack of).

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

But you see Phat this is where I struggle with the protests. If you consider that many of those who wanted Chase Out now state they would rather he was back than what they got for their efforts. And many of those that wanted Worthy Out now state that they would rather have him back than what they got for their efforts. So where have protestors ever moved the club forward? Maybe it''s time to try supporting the team in the hope things get better?

[/quote]

We are supporting the team but we don''t get the response on the pitch nutty, over 25,000 fans cheered the team on yesterday and then had to sit through another complete no show, if this form continues we are going to be relegated and then the money situation will just become totally out of hand and we will end up going bust,just hoping that thing get better is crazy,we are rubbish because the club has had the guts ripped out of it by Roeder and the board, can you honestly say hand on heart that you would be happy for the club to continue on this dangerous path, if your happy to be taken for a ride and watch the club crumble then thats down to you and i respect your choice but don''t understand it.

[/quote]

Can I honestly say I''d be happy to watch us relegated? Are you for real Phat???? Do you think any Norwich fans would be happy to see their club relegated? Do you think any football fan anywhere in the world would be happy to see their club relegated? If you don''t honestly think it why say it? Do you think Delia would be happy to see the club relegated? Do you think she continually puts her money into the club so she can be happy to see them relegated? These things are just too crazy to even contemplate. Do you, hand on heart, really believe that there are fans or even board members who would be happy to see their club relegated? I am beginning to think you do honestly believe that and if you do I find it incredible but I still respect you for it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

But you see Phat this is where I struggle with the protests. If you consider that many of those who wanted Chase Out now state they would rather he was back than what they got for their efforts. And many of those that wanted Worthy Out now state that they would rather have him back than what they got for their efforts. So where have protestors ever moved the club forward? Maybe it''s time to try supporting the team in the hope things get better?

[/quote]

We are supporting the team but we don''t get the response on the pitch nutty, over 25,000 fans cheered the team on yesterday and then had to sit through another complete no show, if this form continues we are going to be relegated and then the money situation will just become totally out of hand and we will end up going bust,just hoping that thing get better is crazy,we are rubbish because the club has had the guts ripped out of it by Roeder and the board, can you honestly say hand on heart that you would be happy for the club to continue on this dangerous path, if your happy to be taken for a ride and watch the club crumble then thats down to you and i respect your choice but don''t understand it.

[/quote]

Can I honestly say I''d be happy to watch us relegated? Are you for real Phat???? Do you think any Norwich fans would be happy to see their club relegated? Do you think any football fan anywhere in the world would be happy to see their club relegated? If you don''t honestly think it why say it? Do you think Delia would be happy to see the club relegated? Do you think she continually puts her money into the club so she can be happy to see them relegated? These things are just too crazy to even contemplate. Do you, hand on heart, really believe that there are fans or even board members who would be happy to see their club relegated? I am beginning to think you do honestly believe that and if you do I find it incredible but I still respect you for it.

[/quote]

I don''t think you or any other genuine fan would be happy to see us go down NN. Nor do I think the Cook or the Board would be happy to see us go down. However these are the only things you havwe gor right. Continuously put her money in? You are having a laugh right? She got the club on the cheap, has run the club on the cheap, and expects to make a profit before selling the club. The pathetic excuse for investment has brought us to where we are today.  The Board would not be happy to see us relegated, but would have been more than happy to see us poodle along in mid table mediocrity as long as it didn''t cost too much, and bo**ocks to the fans. Unfortunately they have even screwed that little scheme up and instead of prudence = mediocrity, prudence will = relegation. And all along you have stuck for them!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think you or any other genuine fan would be happy to see us go down NN. Nor do I think the Cook or the Board would be happy to see us go down. However these are the only things you havwe gor right. Continuously put her money in? You are having a laugh right? She got the club on the cheap, has run the club on the cheap, and expects to make a profit before selling the club. The pathetic excuse for investment has brought us to where we are today.  The Board would not be happy to see us relegated, but would have been more than happy to see us poodle along in mid table mediocrity as long as it didn''t cost too much, and bo**ocks to the fans. Unfortunately they have even screwed that little scheme up and instead of prudence = mediocrity, prudence will = relegation. And all along you have stuck for them!

[/quote]

So do you and others like you really believe this? Step forward all you accounts Guru''s - is Barclay_Boy right about Delia''s motives? Is he right that Delia has invested in the club for selfish reasons and is looking to make a profit at our expense? Come on Mr Carrow, Canary Nut and all you others because if you can convuince me this is right then I will make Smudger look like a kitten because I won''t stand by while an evil witch wrecks the club I have loved and supported for well over 40 years. I thought the problem you guys had with Delia was that she is not rich enough to invest the kind of money you want us to have and that she is the majority shareholder of a board that you believe, with hindsight, cocked up a few times.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

Surely the fans must protest or arrive 5 minutes late or do bloody something, we must do something!

[/quote]

I''m going to the game and supporting my team.

[quote user="gangmower"]You lot will do nothing. i shouted for roeder,s head after the game outside the main stand.You sheep all went home.Pathetic.[/quote]

I didn''t hear you... [H] and anyhow it was Delia''s head that you should of been calling for... if you were doing that and were loud enough to be heard then I would certainly of joined you!!!

Protest about what? ''We don''t like what''s going on but we haven''t got any solutions''.

Brilliant.

Roeder isn''t the problem, and neither is Delia. The problem is we can''t find anyone who wants to take over the club and shift it up a gear.

Instead of protesting, how about getting several hundred people together to discuss taking over the club, constructively?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Haven''t we been doing that for the last 3 and a half years Nutty???

You do not seem to be honest to hold your hands up and admit that is not the way forwards though do you?

I don''t think we got it wrong on Chase... I don''t necessarily think we had got it wrong with Worthy...  I think that Worthy had lost his way (in hindsight we can now see that this was largely down to having to work with the peanuts given to him in order to build a team with for far too many years). 

I think some of the stick that Worthy got towards the end of his spell here was unjustified, especially as he had hinted towards it being a lack of funds given to him from the board earlier in that season when he wanted the funds to sign Steve Howard (not the best striker in the world and an ageing one at that, but let us not forget that he played a major part in helping Derby County to promotion that season and that Worthy was our board of directors Golden Manager).

So I can admit that some of the flack which I gave to Worthy was unwarranted (in hindsight)... can you admit that you are getting it wrong with your try supporting everything NCFC routine over the past 3 and a half years???

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]Protest about what? ''We don''t like what''s going on but we haven''t got any solutions''. Brilliant. Roeder isn''t the problem, and neither is Delia. The problem is we can''t find anyone who wants to take over the club and shift it up a gear. Instead of protesting, how about getting several hundred people together to discuss taking over the club, constructively?[/quote]

oh you know of several hundred millionaires do you... or at the very least several hundred people with a few hundred thousand quid to pump in to a football club?

Even then you will of course have to get over the hurdle of Delia not actually wanting to sell... [:$]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So do you and others like you really believe this? Step forward all you accounts Guru''s - is Barclay_Boy right about Delia''s motives? Is he right that Delia has invested in the club for selfish reasons and is looking to make a profit at our expense? Come on Mr Carrow, Canary Nut and all you others because if you can convuince me this is right then I will make Smudger look like a kitten because I won''t stand by while an evil witch wrecks the club I have loved and supported for well over 40 years. I thought the problem you guys had with Delia was that she is not rich enough to invest the kind of money you want us to have and that she is the majority shareholder of a board that you believe, with hindsight, cocked up a few times.

[/quote]

You just need to look at the information that these boys have drawn from the accounts and posted on here time and time again Nutty, then look at the asking prices issued to Cullum by Delia during the summer and you have the answer as bright as day shining at you like a sparkly new button.

Of course you will need to take of them green and yella, everything is rosy in the Norwich City Garden blinkers to be able to read this information with a clear and open mind.

Smudger - Is Barclay_Boy right about Delia''s motives? Is he right that Delia has invested in the club for selfish reasons and is looking to make a profit at our expense?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Smudger - Is Barclay_Boy right about Delia''s motives? Is he right that Delia has invested in the club for selfish reasons and is looking to make a profit at our expense?

[/quote]

I do not know what her initial motives were Nutty and neither do I care.  What I do know though, is she is looking to either scare off potential buyers or only sell @ a profit, when considering the state she is leaving the club in (cash strapped with hardly any players or other assets which we can sell and heading towards Div 1) she should be grateful if she has any chance of re-couping somehwere in the region of £5 million or £6 million.

So why did Delia & Doncaster release such ridiculous figures to Cullum and the press in the summer which meant that she was asking for at least twice this figure???

Why is she looking to make a profit on her shares Nutty?

Is that not selfish?   You tell me???

Of course while you stand by her defending her to the last, our club is heading for relegation to Div 1 and administration... but hey ho!!! [H]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

Surely the fans must protest or arrive 5 minutes late or do bloody something, we must do something!

[/quote]

I''m going to the game and supporting my team.

[/quote]

Thats what we all Bloody do week after week,and have done for the past pathetic three years and for some alot of years before that, no one has said don''t support the TEAM the point is we will soon have a team in league 1 and no money to keep the club going, without the income from season ticket sale we will go pop, a change needs to happen now,and no i haven''t got all the answers but as i have said numerous times, sitting back and watching the club fall apart and telling folk to just support the team and ignore the trouble the clubs in, is in my humble opinion crazy.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I do not know what her initial motives were Nutty and neither do I care.  What I do know though, is she is looking to either scare off potential buyers or only sell @ a profit, when considering the state she is leaving the club in (cash strapped with hardly any players or other assets which we can sell and heading towards Div 1) she should be grateful if she has any chance of re-couping somehwere in the region of £5 million or £6 million.

[/quote]How do you know this?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How do you know this?
[/quote]

Take some time out from mocking others who are actually trying to do something Mr Chops... Find the instructions up above ^^^^^^^^^ and then go and figure for yourself.

If you really need any further guidance then you are obviously beyond all help!!! [:$] 

[quote user="Smudger"]You just need to look at the information that these boys have drawn from the accounts and posted on here time and time again Nutty, then look at the asking prices issued to Cullum by Delia during the summer and you have the answer as bright as day shining at you like a sparkly new button.Of course you will need to take of them green and yella, everything is rosy in the Norwich City Garden blinkers to be able to read this information with a clear and open mind.[/quote]I think this is the bottom line.1. Is Delia a moderately rich person doing her best but essentially out of her financial league (certainly re Premier League ambitions) which she has come to recognise and is trying to attract new backing or sell without a loss to herself + family (but struggling to do so).OR2. Is she deliberately "milking the club" and trying to gain financially from her (+ her husband''s) position as majority shareholders, with little real intention to sell unless she can profit from it.If you believe the latter, your animosity is quite understandable. If you do not, reticence to join or support protests is equally an understandable position.For my own part, I believe the former. I have not seen interpretations of the companies accounts that I find reliable. I have a reasonable understanding of accounts but couldn''t claim to be an expert on club company valuation but some of the material written about the accounts is clearly nonsense. On the other hand, some of it seems more plausible but then becomes confused by the whole pro/ anti argument on the boards.If we had a decent local newspaper, it would contact City Analysts to look at the accounts and form some judgement and provide us with more objective information. Unfortunately, they are either too lazy to do so or have other vested interests that prevent them from doing so.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

So why did Delia & Doncaster release such ridiculous figures to Cullum and the press in the summer which meant that she was asking for at least twice this figure???

Of course while you stand by her defending her to the last, our club is heading for relegation to Div 1 and administration... but hey ho!!! [H]

[/quote]

Smudger - over 40 league clubs have been in administration and yet we haven''t. If this board have been so incompetent how have they avoided it?

And Delia has stated time and time again that she''s not interested in personal gain. So let''s wait to see what happens if there''s a realistic offer for the club. I believe that Delia would act in our best interests. I believe that from my own personal judgement. Because Delia and MWJ are true City Fans. Anyone who spent long enough off their keyboards to talk to them at Carrow Road and/or grounds all over the country would know that. And they are hugely respected by clubs all over the country, anybody who spent long enough off their keyboards talking to people all over the country would know that too.

I will ask you again - Do you seriously believe that Smith&Jones are taking the club for what they can get and don''t have the best interests of the fans at heart? You have no chance of getting any protest off the ground while you spin personal insults toward people who nobody could argue are not City Fans.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

IBA has twice stated that he would be happy with relegation as long as we were playing good football.  Yes, these people exist.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger - over 40 league clubs have been in administration and yet we haven''t. If this board have been so incompetent how have they avoided it?

And Delia has stated time and time again that she''s not interested in personal gain. So let''s wait to see what happens if there''s a realistic offer for the club. I believe that Delia would act in our best interests. I believe that from my own personal judgement. Because Delia and MWJ are true City Fans. Anyone who spent long enough off their keyboards to talk to them at Carrow Road and/or grounds all over the country would know that. And they are hugely respected by clubs all over the country, anybody who spent long enough off their keyboards talking to people all over the country would know that too.

I will ask you again - Do you seriously believe that Smith&Jones are taking the club for what they can get and don''t have the best interests of the fans at heart? You have no chance of getting any protest off the ground while you spin personal insults toward people who nobody could argue are not City Fans.

[/quote]

Hugely respected by clubs all over the country, nice one thats us saved from relegation then!!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

IBA has twice stated that he would be happy with relegation as long as we were playing good football.  Yes, these people exist.

[/quote]

And plenty of people stated that they wouldn''t be bothered about results if we played good football when Worthy went on a five game winning run. The grass is always greener Mr Carrow.

While your here - If the board have mis-managed the club so badly how come we are not one of the 40+ League Clubs that have been in administration? I bet if someone started a thread saying "I wouldn''t have minded if the club had gone bust as long as we had spent the money on players" there''d be posters flocking to agree. Yet if this board had been responsible for sending us into administration the same posters would have been crying harder than they ever cried before. It''s so easy to find fault with everything isn''t it?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In the infamous Mayo interview Delias response to the question "So, are you in it for the long-haul then?" was "Definately, definately, definately".  Now that is pretty conclusive.  There is a big difference, as i`m sure you are aware nutty, between actively angling to make a profit on something and taking the attitude that as you really don`t want to sell, it would take an "offer you can`t refuse" to consider it.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

Hugely respected by clubs all over the country, nice one thats us saved from relegation then!!

[/quote]

Are we already relegated now? What is your protest going to achieve?

I''ll give you a clue here - what did the other protests against Chase and Worthy achieve?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In the infamous Mayo interview Delias response to the question "So, are you in it for the long-haul then?" was "Definately, definately, definately".  Now that is pretty conclusive.  There is a big difference, as i`m sure you are aware nutty, between actively angling to make a profit on something and taking the attitude that as you really don`t want to sell, it would take an "offer you can`t refuse" to consider it.

[/quote]

So is Barclay_boy right about Delias motives or not?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

And plenty of people stated that they wouldn''t be bothered about results if we played good football when Worthy went on a five game winning run. The grass is always greener Mr Carrow.

While your here - If the board have mis-managed the club so badly how come we are not one of the 40+ League Clubs that have been in administration? I bet if someone started a thread saying "I wouldn''t have minded if the club had gone bust as long as we had spent the money on players" there''d be posters flocking to agree. Yet if this board had been responsible for sending us into administration the same posters would have been crying harder than they ever cried before. It''s so easy to find fault with everything isn''t it?

[/quote]

I`ve never seen the evidence for that 40+ statement- it may be accurate if you go back fifty years but then how valid is that?

Yes i`d be much more comfortable being in a financial mess if we had been ambitious and gone for the big prize.  It would have been exciting and at least the clubs competitive integrity would be intact.  As it stands we are in a financial mess despite having given up on trying to be competitive on the pitch which is too pathetic for words.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="gangmower"]You lot will do nothing. i shouted for roeder,s head after the game outside the main stand.You sheep all went home.Pathetic.[/quote]

I didn''t hear you... [H] and anyhow it was Delia''s head that you should of been calling for... if you were doing that and were loud enough to be heard then I would certainly of joined you!!!

[/quote]

you mean you were at a match again smudger ?  this is getting to be quite a regular thing  for a bloke whos staying away as a protest [:D]

[quote user="Badger"]

I think this is the bottom line.

1. Is Delia a moderately rich person doing her best but essentially out of her financial league (certainly re Premier League ambitions) which she has come to recognise and is trying to attract new backing or sell without a loss to herself + family (but struggling to do so).

OR

2. Is she deliberately "milking the club" and trying to gain financially from her (+ her husband''s) position as majority shareholders, with little real intention to sell unless she can profit from it.

If you believe the latter, your animosity is quite understandable. If you do not, reticence to join or support protests is equally an understandable position.

For my own part, I believe the former. I have not seen interpretations of the companies accounts that I find reliable. I have a reasonable understanding of accounts but couldn''t claim to be an expert on club company valuation but some of the material written about the accounts is clearly nonsense. On the other hand, some of it seems more plausible but then becomes confused by the whole pro/ anti argument on the boards.

If we had a decent local newspaper, it would contact City Analysts to look at the accounts and form some judgement and provide us with more objective information. Unfortunately, they are either too lazy to do so or have other vested interests that prevent them from doing so.

[/quote]

Post of the day.

Well said Badger [Y]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][

Yes i`d be much more comfortable being in a financial mess if we had been ambitious and gone for the big prize.  It would have been exciting and at least the clubs competitive integrity would be intact.  As it stands we are in a financial mess despite having given up on trying to be competitive on the pitch which is too pathetic for words.

[/quote]

See - more spin Mr Carrow! What basis is there to the comment that the club has given up trying to be competetive on the pitch?

All spin and no knickers[:O]

[quote]I`ve never seen the evidence for that 40+ statement- it may be accurate if you go back fifty years but then how valid is that?[/quote]

As far as I''m aware there is no definitive list available, but this article in 2005 suggests 37 clubs into administration from 1992 - 2005.  There have been between 5 and 10 since then, not to mention other clubs like Coventry who were  saved at the 11th hour.  There are many similar articles littered around the internet if you dig for them.

[quote]The pulling of ITV Digital - while Brian Barwick ran ITV Sport - precipitated insolvency for many Football League clubs hovering on the brink. Since 1992, 37 of the League''s 72 clubs, over half, fell into administration or receivership, with clubs relegated from the Premiership collapsing hardest: Ipswich, Leicester, Derby, Bradford, Wimbledon, Barnsley, Queen''s Park Rangers and others.[/quote]