Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Sat Jan 17 Barnsley at home show you care

Surely the fans must protest or arrive 5 minutes late or do bloody something, we must do something! I can''t take this shi* any longer, the lack of any movement, maybe it''s time we moved the club forward ourselves,and don''t give me the same old line about "protests don''t help" at least it will show who gives a to** about the club falling apart and who''s happy to just keep ploding along! If a good few thousand act at the Barnsley game we CAN make a change happen. Cue the "happy to just get out of the house fans who honestly couldn''t give a sh*t if we win or lose" and their usual line about "supporting the club through the good and the bad" well i''m afraid i''ve been pushed to far this time,the pathetic showing against Forest and then Roeder on the radio prepering us for another sh*t transfer window down at good old Carrow Road. Heroes?, my ar*e.Time to rebuild?, that time has come and gone. Fans sticking together for the best of the club? Lets hope so.

Here here! I''m not going to the game despite having a seat for it, not in protest, but purely because I can''t be bothered to sit in the cold and the rain to watch such utter rubbish, however even I am tempted to join in a protest and settle for a drink or two whilst the Barnsley goals go flying in.

If genuine supporters of the game of football and Norwich City FC really cared, the only seats occupied come the Barnsley match would be in the directors box and in the dug-out.

I have to say i do agree with you with some things everyone just seems to sit there quietly letting it all go by. Although alot of people in the barclay were really getting on the back of roeder and co it still does seem like alot of people just seem to be sitting there and doing nothing. I think what really stops anything from really kicking off is the fact that we always get a goal back and it maks people things seem better. For example Crystal palace, forest and swansea we all lost and were all dreadful performances but we pulled a goal back to make it seem like it wassnt as bad as it was

You lot will do nothing. i shouted for roeder,s head after the game outside the main stand.You sheep all went home.Pathetic.

Just a thought here - and looking at the divided opinion between fans on whether we should boo or not, whether protests work etc.

How about instead of the booing, fans who want change, wear a black armband to the game, or failing that a black item of clothingand leave anything with club colours on at home?

Surely a significant gesture that OUR football club is slowly dieing?

[quote user="gangmower"]You lot will do nothing. i shouted for roeder,s head after the game outside the main stand.You sheep all went home.Pathetic.[/quote]

here we go, again and again and again and again. it''s the BOARD WHO TO BLAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sack Roeder and dig up Harry Houdini if you like, it makes NO DIFFERENCE unless we have money to bring players in that actually belong to us, and we stop selling our best players.

[quote user="shyster"]If genuine supporters of the game of football and Norwich City FC really cared, the only seats occupied come the Barnsley match would be in the directors box and in the dug-out.[/quote]Bollocks. We that truly care will be there come rain or shine, as I have for years and years. We might protest after the game if one was organised. Before the game and during the game is no good to the team at all.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

Surely the fans must protest or arrive 5 minutes late [/quote]

If turning up late is a sign of protest then the entire first team squad must have been really making a protest yesterday - they didn''t turn up at all.

Seriously though, the similarities to the last days of the Chase era are becoming uncomfortably clear - and I hoped never to see that sort of atmosphere at Carrow Road after matches again.

I don''t think that it really matters what is done, either by way of protests, or boycotting the game, as to me it seems that the damage that has been done over the last 3 seasons will take a lot of time to be repaired. Unfortunately, unless there are 3 teams that remain worse than us during the second half of the season, I truly believe that we will be in league one, before any potential remedies have time to work for the better.

I for one will not be at the Barnsley game, not because I don''t care, but because I cannot stand to watch an NCFC team that shows such a dreadful lack of passion and committment to our shirt!! Yesterday Forest, had both of these in abundance! Perhaps if there were enough empty seats at the home games, the board and the management would start to take some notice, and wake up to how badly in decline our club is (although I wouldn''t count on it!!). At the moment, they just do not deserve the fantastic support they are getting week in week out. 

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="gangmower"]You lot will do nothing. i shouted for roeder,s head after the game outside the main stand.You sheep all went home.Pathetic.[/quote]

here we go, again and again and again and again. it''s the BOARD WHO TO BLAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sack Roeder and dig up Harry Houdini if you like, it makes NO DIFFERENCE unless we have money to bring players in that actually belong to us, and we stop selling our best players.

[/quote]

its the disinterested players who have us in this mess. No passion and no desire to play for Rodent. Buying our way up the table doesn''t always work - see Man City - we need a Manager who can motivate at this level. Rodent cannot do this.

Empty seats will worry the Board. I think that if we go out of the FA Cup then the next home game will have plenty of empty seats as more and more people I know cannot be @rsed to drag themselves down to the ground when the players cannot be @rsed to play.

[quote user="blinded by the story"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

its the disinterested players who have us in this mess. No passion and no desire to play for Rodent. Buying our way up the table doesn''t always work - see Man City - we need a Manager who can motivate at this level. Rodent cannot do this.

Empty seats will worry the Board. I think that if we go out of the FA Cup then the next home game will have plenty of empty seats as more and more people I know cannot be @rsed to drag themselves down to the ground when the players cannot be @rsed to play.

[/quote]

Empty seats will encourage the board to knee jerk thats for sure; but for a while they will simply plug a relatively small shortfall from their own pocket before cutting the budget accordingly,  which means even lower quality players (if poss based on yesterday performance)[+o(]

It is about guts and desire now;  we need to see it from the manager (whether roeder or not) to get this team performing well ,  instead of consistently poorly.   Loans debate?  Lita cared more than Clingan or otsemobor, and doc more than Omosuzi yest so what does that prove?  We need 11 motivate players sticking to a game plan.... 

[quote user="Forces2Canaries"]

Just a thought here - and looking at the divided opinion between fans on whether we should boo or not, whether protests work etc.

How about instead of the booing, fans who want change, wear a black armband to the game, or failing that a black item of clothingand leave anything with club colours on at home?

[/quote]non-mongs dont wear colours anyway.

because what difference will sacking Roeder make? do you trust the board enough to get the net appointment right or will this whole sorry state of affairs be here again in 12 months time?

its hardly pathetic when you are fighting a war where the outcome will be the same no matter what you do is it?

jas :)

I dont care what happens, i support norwich and therefore i will go to everygame i can, i dont care whats going on, i give my support 100% of the way, and well... If you dont, then think to yourself, do you really support norwich?

max wrote the following post at 29/12/2008 11:28 AM:

I dont care what happens, i support norwich and therefore i will go to everygame i can, i dont care whats going on, i give my support 100% of the way, and well... If you dont, then think to yourself, do you really support norwich?

If everyone goes along with that attitude the board will think everything is spot on and little will change.

[quote user="max"]I dont care what happens, i support norwich and therefore i will go to everygame i can, i dont care whats going on, i give my support 100% of the way, and well... If you dont, then think to yourself, do you really support norwich?[/quote]

I see, ignoring the trouble we are in,ignoring the lies we have been told,ignoring that money has been wasted, thats what makes a true fan,not caring about what goes on as you say,that makes a true fan well Max if you are a true fan then god help this club because fools like you who sit and clap the sh*t we get served up each home game are adding to the speed of the clubs fall from grace, you are mad if you don''t care about whats happening at the club at the moment and fans like you make me bloody sick!!!

The anger i feel towards the board and club at the moment doesn''t make me question if i really support the team,it makes me realise how much this club means to me and that i will not sit back and catch the sh*t it keeps throwing at me.I''m proud to stand up and say that i will protest if need be and come rain or shine i will support THE CLUB not the idiots who are killing it!!

[quote user="max"]I dont care what happens, i support norwich and therefore i will go to everygame i can, i dont care whats going on, i give my support 100% of the way, and well... If you dont, then think to yourself, do you really support norwich?[/quote]

shame on you saying you dont care what happens. do you take your sandwiches with you and a flask.

i care and sent my season ticket back if more people did this or dont turn up for the next game then something would be done.

[quote user="hellococker"][quote user="Forces2Canaries"]

[/quote]
non-mongs dont wear colours anyway.

[/quote]

For the benefit of adults on here what is a '' non-mong '' ??

So now it''s the fans fault! What have you done that those fans haven''t Phat? I went to Palace on Boxing Day, went to the game yesterday and will be at Charlton on Saturday. So if it''s OK with you I''ll go to the Barnsley game too. I will support the team and not protest. If that makes me a happy clapper who just wants to get out of the house, and you a better fan than me then I''ll learn to live with it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So now it''s the fans fault! What have you done that those fans haven''t Phat? I went to Palace on Boxing Day, went to the game yesterday and will be at Charlton on Saturday. So if it''s OK with you I''ll go to the Barnsley game too. I will support the team and not protest. If that makes me a happy clapper who just wants to get out of the house, and you a better fan than me then I''ll learn to live with it.

[/quote]

No i never said it was the fans fault, where do i say that? Sitting back and watching the club fall apart is just bloody daft, also i never said that me shouting for the board to be removed makes me a better fan than you fans who are happy with the clubs situation, i have stood and called for the boards head along with a handfull of others over the past weeks, and i can tell you that yesterday the number was of fans calling for heads to roll was triple the amount from the previous game,and before you say "so three people stood" up i suggest you listen back to the commentary and hear for yourself i am not alone any more!

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No i never said it was the fans fault, where do i say that? Sitting back and watching the club fall apart is just bloody daft, also i never said that me shouting for the board to be removed makes me a better fan than you fans who are happy with the clubs situation, i have stood and called for the boards head along with a handfull of others over the past weeks, and i can tell you that yesterday the number was of fans calling for heads to roll was triple the amount from the previous game,and before you say "so three people stood" up i suggest you listen back to the commentary and hear for yourself i am not alone any more!

[/quote]

Why would I want to listen to the commentary when I was at the game. And while we are playing the great "I didn''t say that game" where did I say there wasn''t protests? There were Delia out chants in front of me. They were by the same people who started the first Worthy out chants in my section of the Barclay. I found it ironic really when Earnie scored that third goal because we lost him as a direct result of getting Worthy out. A point I made to these guys after the game. But there was no animosity between them and me. We are all City fans after all. And thats why I struggle to understand the need to set fan against fan on here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why would I want to listen to the commentary when I was at the game. And while we are playing the great "I didn''t say that game" where did I say there wasn''t protests? There were Delia out chants in front of me. They were by the same people who started the first Worthy out chants in my section of the Barclay. I found it ironic really when Earnie scored that third goal because we lost him as a direct result of getting Worthy out. A point I made to these guys after the game. But there was no animosity between them and me. We are all City fans after all. And thats why I struggle to understand the need to set fan against fan on here.

[/quote]

Were did i say i was trying to set fan against fan..lol.. only joking. Now nutty i am always open to a good chat about all things Norwich and i respect that your views and my views are not the same, i want all fans to pull in the same direction and the frustration of seing the club we all love falling apart is just to much for me to take, and i would like to act now before we get relegated,maybe protests are the wrong way to go about it, or maybe they are the way forward who knows but i wish that some fans could see that we really are in the brown stuff and at least admit it to themselves rather than just ignoring the sitaution and waiting for things to just get better.

But you see Phat this is where I struggle with the protests. If you consider that many of those who wanted Chase Out now state they would rather he was back than what they got for their efforts. And many of those that wanted Worthy Out now state that they would rather have him back than what they got for their efforts. So where have protestors ever moved the club forward? Maybe it''s time to try supporting the team in the hope things get better?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But you see Phat this is where I struggle with the protests. If you consider that many of those who wanted Chase Out now state they would rather he was back than what they got for their efforts. And many of those that wanted Worthy Out now state that they would rather have him back than what they got for their efforts. So where have protestors ever moved the club forward? Maybe it''s time to try supporting the team in the hope things get better?

[/quote]

We are supporting the team but we don''t get the response on the pitch nutty, over 25,000 fans cheered the team on yesterday and then had to sit through another complete no show, if this form continues we are going to be relegated and then the money situation will just become totally out of hand and we will end up going bust,just hoping that thing get better is crazy,we are rubbish because the club has had the guts ripped out of it by Roeder and the board, can you honestly say hand on heart that you would be happy for the club to continue on this dangerous path, if your happy to be taken for a ride and watch the club crumble then thats down to you and i respect your choice but don''t understand it.

Football is a ritual for me;  almost a relgion I guess.  And so I cant contemplate not going;   TV football always leaves me cold and its the thrill of the crowd and a live performance that I enjoy.  Yes its unpredicatable and recently not very good;  however it remains the best stress relief for me. if we get relegated NCFC is with me for good, and even if its the death of me I cant and dont want to keep away.  

Football is all about opinions;  worthy was a fab manager for us,  but one whos time had gone (as with saunders, brown, stringer and even clough and ramsey before them) and had done as much with this club as he was ever going to do;  sadly we have not yet successfully replaced him like it took a while to find brown or oneill before.  Its all about right place right time.

Worthy is a proud piece of our history,  but I dont want him back.  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Football is a ritual for me;  almost a relgion I guess.  And so I cant contemplate not going;   TV football always leaves me cold and its the thrill of the crowd and a live performance that I enjoy.  Yes its unpredicatable and recently not very good;  however it remains the best stress relief for me. if we get relegated NCFC is with me for good, and even if its the death of me I cant and dont want to keep away.  

Football is all about opinions;  worthy was a fab manager for us,  but one whos time had gone (as with saunders, brown, stringer and even clough and ramsey before them) and had done as much with this club as he was ever going to do;  sadly we have not yet successfully replaced him like it took a while to find brown or oneill before.  Its all about right place right time.

Worthy is a proud piece of our history,  but I dont want him back.  

[/quote]

Good post ZLF.

I''ll be at Twickenham instead of Carrow Road. How times have changed when I would''ve bust a nut to get to the games, now I''m working during the weekends and that doesn''t bother me because I''m sick of listening to the same tripe from GR each week.