Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

IMAGINE!

Roeder gets the chop, so, as Leicester did, we get in a caretaker until the end of the season. And like Leicester we go for a local man who knows the Club and who will cost us nothing to get in immediately: Nigel Worthington.

What would Worthy do?

I suggest Drury would be back and restored to Captaincy; Huckerby would be welcomed back; Croft would definately stay. I also think our young players would get a run in the first team as happened before with Worthington. Certain loanees would be waved farewell. Cureton would be restored to confidence.

Quite honestly, Worthy could do no worse and would be a lesser risk than continuing with Roeder the Destroyer or bringing another big name charlie. The man was kept on for too long before but has had a break and I am suggesting a rest of season appointment only because this would be the least disruptive way and could presumably happen immediately.

So, if you would, and without mentioning the name Ian Henderson, how do you see such an imagined situation manifesting itself.

I for one, would welcome him back with open arms the state the club is in. We are losing our team spirit, we are losing our Norwich talent in Drury, Spillane and Lappin.

With his international management experience, he has more contacts in the game, a higher understanding of the game.

Chances of him coming back... slim to none though

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I for one, would welcome him back with open arms the state the club is in. We are losing our team spirit, we are losing our Norwich talent in Drury, Spillane and Lappin. With his international management experience, he has more contacts in the game, a higher understanding of the game. Chances of him coming back... slim to none though[/quote]

I wouldn''t welcome Worthy back with open arms, though he would be better than the idiot in charge at the moment, but I agree with the rest of your post!

Roeder out!

I think I would welcome anybody with open arms, it is more the fact he has love for the club, Glenn is tearing it apart, we need some handling with care and Worthy would do just that as well as produce some better performances

Worthy did well, and started with the club in a similar position to whatr it is now.

I''m not saying i''d definately say its a great idea; but the players he seemed to lose control of have been all clulled by grant and roeder; a new set of players..we could do worse than worthy...(and i was calling for his head!!)

I think what all this tells us is that we didn''t know what we had till it was gone.

I was one calling for Worthy to go because I felt his shelf life was up, and still do in many ways.

But looking back to the end of 2005-06 - we were all FURIOUS with a 9th placed finish and couldn''t believe how far we had fallen....what we would give for a 9th placed finish now.

And we were what, 12th when he got the sack?

Little did we know.

Discount the inexperienced manager.

Discount the manager in work whose club would want significant compensation.

Discount the big time Charlies and the expensive.

What is left? Out of work, experienced and available = Boothroyd. Such a manager would want a 2 year contract minimum.

Or, living in Norfolk and likely to restore Club spirit for the relegation fight but maybe not a long term prospect = Worthington.

Sorry but you are nuts.  You also did not watch the football we played under Worthington.  What did we do after beating Man Utd - nothing, zilch, just a painful decline until he got the chop.Worthington proved time and time again that once Huckerby, Fleming etc were past their best that he was devoid of tactics and soultions, and if you cant see that then frankly you know sod all about the club you support.[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Discount the inexperienced manager.

Discount the manager in work whose club would want significant compensation.

Discount the big time Charlies and the expensive.

What is left? Out of work, experienced and available = Boothroyd. Such a manager would want a 2 year contract minimum.

Or, living in Norfolk and likely to restore Club spirit for the relegation fight but maybe not a long term prospect = Worthington.

[/quote]

After the outrageous, spiteful stick he got from the fans in his final months in charge, I would imagine that Worthington would not return here in a million years.

renegade tootsie wrote:

Sorry but you are nuts.  You also did not watch the football we played under Worthington.  What did we do after beating Man Utd - nothing, zilch, just a painful decline until he got the chop.

Worthington proved time and time again that once Huckerby, Fleming etc were past their best that he was devoid of tactics and soultions, and if you cant see that then frankly you know sod all about the club you support.

But I was correct about the mind set of our Board. It just appears that old Nigel has a dose of that old Northern Irish bitterness that lasts for about 16 generations and Huckerby actually knows where he is better off these days. I may know sod all tootsie, but it appears I know more than you.........................and I can spell and use grammar correctly most of the time, you illiterate.

I am not obnoxious, I am just direct an passionate about NCFC, so sod off if you don''t like it, you lesbian.

[quote user="Huddy "]

Worthy did well, and started with the club in a similar position to whatr it is now.

I''m not saying i''d definately say its a great idea; but the players he seemed to lose control of have been all clulled by grant and roeder; a new set of players..we could do worse than worthy...(and i was calling for his head!!)

[/quote]

Can i please retract this statement.

It''s taken the reality of the situation for me to realise what a crazy idea this was; as i''ve said earlier today; he may actually be capable of doing the job; but considering the past the appointment is a monumental risk; one that i am actually toatally shocked the board considered!

The point is, Huddy, we are talking about short term for a Club who might be in League 1 next year when their finances will need a total overhaul.

I suspect Boothroyd might not want a short term appointment.

The other pressing issue is: we have to get 6 or 7 points from the next three or else it is truly a dire situation.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Fulham. 6-0.That''s all I''m saying.[/quote]Damian Francis - there in body, soul and spirit left a long time before that.Dean Ashton - only interested in the big time, had done enough to earn a big move.David Bently - arrogant, fancied himself, and not our player - didn''t care.I could go on. Not all Worthington''s fault that a lot of players on that day did not turn up to play - remember he also got it spot on against Man U.