Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

We will sign NO ONE

Well that is my guess, maybe a couple of loan players at best...my problem with that is as a rule they do not care deep down about our club as thay return after a period.  Winning often at this level is that little something extra which I believe loanees do not tend to have

Depressing but probably true, lets face it what quality can we get for 250,000?

I fear lost of quotes from the club saying we tried but.....but.....but......

Same crap different day

OTBC

St.John

Lita cared, Evans cared, lots of them aty very least try for there own careers, but some players like Evans and Lita show they wanted to play for Norwich, and im sure if we where a Prem team, both of them, and most of other loan players would come back, as we are a good team, with good fans, and good facilities

I''d agree with that GP except that we''re not a Prem team, we''re a poor Championship team who will, without investment of money or confidence into the players, soon become a League 1 team. And from that logic we have no hope of attracting players of that quality, regardless of Roeders reputation elsewhere.

The fact is that we have players who could have done the job -replaced in the main by poor loan signings- out on loan themselves and those who are here, for the most part couldn''t hit a cow''s backside with a banjo and now the one player who could have made the difference doesn''t even make the grade for a permanent purchase; if the recently quoted sums of £300k are to be believed, that is a tragedy. Of course it could be that it was much more than that but the fact still remains that without a dedicated goalscorer we will be relegated in the summer and I would argue that the loss of income will be considerably more than the transfer fee involved.

The subject of this post is spot on.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]Lita cared, Evans cared, lots of them aty very least try for there own careers, but some players like Evans and Lita show they wanted to play for Norwich, and im sure if we where a Prem team, both of them, and most of other loan players would come back, as we are a good team, with good fans, and good facilities
[/quote]

Lita and Ched cared...possibly but deep down did they....I still have my doubts, that little extra fire and passion that is sometimes needed did they actually have that for us?  Maybe they did but this is 2 players  (of which we dont currently have either)...how many loan players do we have again? And who do you really think we will sign? I stick with no one

OTBC

St.John

Hmmm can''t be any worse than what we''ve got.

Plymouth sign left-winger Noone

Craig Noone

The 20-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Pilgrims

Plymouth Argyle have completed the signing of left-winger Craig Noone from Blue Square North side Southport.

The 20-year-old has signed a two-year deal at Home Park after the two

clubs agreed an undisclosed fee, which could rise to in excess of

£100,000.

Liverpudlian Noone had only been at Southport for a few weeks after moving from Burscough over the summer.

He told the club website: "It''s the move of a lifetime. It''s just sinking in now that I''m going to be full time."

Argyle boss Paul Sturrock added: "I am very excited by this signing.

Craig comes to us with a glowing reputation. It is now up to him to

prove that it is merited.

"He has an opportunity to impress me and force his way into my thinking. Whether he takes that is up to him.

"I see him as one for the future, but if he shows me he can make the step up to the Championship the door is open for him."

If we sign know one we are stuffed, 3/4 injuries would mean we would barley make a sqaud of 16, because Roeder dosnt wan Sib back, Lupoli wants to go (which he should, reoder has been stupid) Bertrand may or may not come back (but chelsea selling Bridge wont help) Omozusi isnt that good,  Koroma injured, Martin and spillane out on loan, all of are young players are inexperienced (if we have to have how many under 21s in are team next year, why not start playing them, for experiance) So that leaves us with a couple of youth strikers, 2 wingers, 4 CM (one isnt in form, one gets sent off, the other two are average at best most of the time) 1 RB 2 CB (omozusi as a CB) 1 Lb and 2 GKwe might as well not exist if we get know one in. WE HAVE TO GET PLAYERS IN (oh sorry i forgot about are injury prone un-fit man upfront) there is know option about getting players in. (sorry about spelling mistakes, which there are bound to be in there)

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

Well that is my guess, maybe a couple of loan players at best...my problem with that is as a rule they do not care deep down about our club as thay return after a period.  Winning often at this level is that little something extra which I believe loanees do not tend to have

Same crap different day

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]Utter rubbish, the loan players have performed no better or no worse than our contracted players. If we''re going to be petty, then you could argue that loan players have more of a reason to play well to show their parent club that they are good enough, or to put themselves in the shop window.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]Lita cared, Evans cared, lots of them aty very least try for there own careers, but some players like Evans and Lita show they wanted to play for Norwich, and im sure if we where a Prem team, both of them, and most of other loan players would come back, as we are a good team, with good fans, and good facilities
[/quote]

im not sure he did tho

evans did for sure !!!

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]

Same crap different day

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

Utter rubbish, the loan players have performed no better or no worse than our contracted players. If we''re going to be petty, then you could argue that loan players have more of a reason to play well to show their parent club that they are good enough, or to put themselves in the shop window.
[/quote]

Absolutely - loan players have played a big part in our season to-date, did in our promotion season and will probably continue to do so for years to come for many sides.  The argument that loans give access to players you would otherwise not be able to afford is rather a strong one, but it is down to the managers to get the right ones in.  Many promoted sides in the last few years have used lots of loan players (eg Stoke, WBA last season) so the argument that they are either poor or don''t try is completely blown out of the water. 

Indeed, if you chose to, you could easily argue that permanent players can be guilty of resting on their laurels too much as they know they have a long term contract and will be well paid regardless of performances (and of course, can bugger off if/when their side is relegated, if anyone wants them)....Paul McVeigh was a prime example of a player who was far better when a contract was due.  

At the end of the day, footballers are professional people and I doubt whether they are on loan or permanently signed for a side is particularly on their mind when they are playing.  They will (or should) want to perform and win whatever, and I am sure that this is the case for the vast majority.

We must have been over this at least a million times.

Using loanees to add quality or cover for injuries is fine.

Using loanees to plug gaps in a chronically understrength squad is not fine.

It also sends out an unmistakeable signal to our rivals that we are skint.

We have a day left to sign someone,  I fear my post a month ago looks like it will come true....

Happy with the new managment team but they are clearly not being given any money

With no signings I dont care if Alex Fergusan is in charge I fear for our survival

OTBC

St.John

Funny how Doncaster always said we were spending the budget on loans because that was the way Roeder wanted it , yet now with a new manager all we can get is more loans , does Gunn prefer loans or is Doncaster a bare faced liar . As for do loans care , maybe maybe not but Lita isnt doing much for our relegation battle now is he .

With no signings I dont care if Alex Fergusan is in charge I fear for our survival

[/quote]

I agree.  I was concerned that Gunny wasn''t the right appointment for the situation we are in because he needs time to gain experience and there isn''t any time.  But frankly what difference would experience make?  Very little.  If we go down it will be because the squad is chronically understrength not because of Gunny.

We have a day left to sign someone,  I fear my post a month ago looks like it will come true....

Happy with the new managment team but they are clearly not being given any money

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

We''ve signed Killen !

We have now signed Carney and Killen. Both on loan, but, unlike most of Roeder''s loans, these look like two who may decide to stay in the summer. Looks as if Gunn''s much more inclined to use loans as a try out for a permanent contract for mature players looking for regular games, (in both these cases also to keep match fit for internationals), rather than as giving a runout for a rising premier starlet.