Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Can we make a profit on transfers during this window? **This is sponsored by the Joe Lewis Diner**

Norfolk&Chance stated: 

Hi,

I have nothing new or interesting to day, I''m just going to post on this thread to draw attention to myself.

*=*=*= LOOK AT ME!!!! *=*=*=*

Thanks.

OTBC

--------------------------

You will upset Alan Gray by doing that. You naughty poster.

Dont forget the message: Will the club make a profit from transfers during this window?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

What is an obession?

Ever heard of the Kevin Reeves River End?

Enjoy the Joe Lewis Diner. Come in and get fed up!

[/quote]

It''s like an obsession and I would of thought a bright boy like you would be able able to work that one out for yourself [;)] 

The fact that this club has spent money on tangible fixed assets (even £1m+ last season) that were not critical to the football team instead of spending it on the squad? Hence the team is fighting relegation for the second season running.

I plead guilty m''lud for repeating that message.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Well stop feeding yourself Evil Monkey......LOL!

[/quote]
Yeah nice one... when''s puberty?
[/quote]

PMSL...

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

The fact that this club has spent money on tangible fixed assets (even £1m+ last season) that were not critical to the football team instead of spending it on the squad? Hence the team is fighting relegation for the second season running.

[/quote]

I suspect you''ll never be happy unless the figure is actually £0.00

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you prefer that we are in the second season of struggling against relegation ?

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you prefer that we are in the second season of struggling against relegation ?

[/quote]

It depends upon what the fixed assets were that we spent a million on. If legitimate expenditure than fair enough, if they were spending it on a rose garden for Delia to prune because. she''s a girl and everything then, no, I don''t think it was justified. But to shout "£1m on fixed assets? They''re fiddling" or whatever the implication is, seems a little too short-sighted.

Wait, can i come in on this conversation ?

Ok thank you carry on,

Just wanted to come in as this topic is all over the place heheheee

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]We''re not struggling as a result of being under-funded this season.  We are struggling because we haven#''t been organised well enough on the pitch.  In case it''s slipped your notice, Charlton, Derby, and Watford recently had parachute payments / still have them.  I think this says more about the effect that promotion / relegation can have on clearing out staff in a club, than a lack of investment.Oh, and sorry Butler, it''s this bloomin herbal tea, keeps me logical...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We''re not struggling as a result of being under-funded this season.  We are struggling because we haven#''t been organised well enough on the pitch.  In case it''s slipped your notice, Charlton, Derby, and Watford recently had parachute payments / still have them.  I think this says more about the effect that promotion / relegation can have on clearing out staff in a club, than a lack of investment.

Oh, and sorry Butler, it''s this bloomin herbal tea, keeps me logical...
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIsYmKXStSA 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

We''re not struggling as a result of being under-funded this season.  We are struggling because we haven#''t been organised well enough on the pitch.  In case it''s slipped your notice, Charlton, Derby, and Watford recently had parachute payments / still have them.  I think this says more about the effect that promotion / relegation can have on clearing out staff in a club, than a lack of investment.

[/quote]

This is the fourth season since we were relegated, there''s been ample time to rebuild the squad.  And didn''t we have a pretty wholesale clearout at the end of last season?

We''re struggling because for three consecutive seasons we spent less on replacing players than we got from selling them.  Our net spend for this season to date is approximately zero, having just resold Bell.  If you don''t invest in the squad (loan players are not an investment they''re an expense) decline is an inevitable as night following day.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

This is the fourth season since we were relegated, there''s been ample time to rebuild the squad.  And didn''t we have a pretty wholesale clearout at the end of last season?

We''re struggling because for three consecutive seasons we spent less on replacing players than we got from selling them.  Our net spend for this season to date is approximately zero, having just resold Bell.  If you don''t invest in the squad (loan players are not an investment they''re an expense) decline is an inevitable as night following day.

[/quote]

Great post PP and spot on. Respect to Canary Nut for the original post and for not letting the b**t**ds grind you down. Some people just don''t like being confronted with the truth. Goes against their cosy little image of "a well run club". Unless of course well run means running it into the ground.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

We''re not struggling as a result of being under-funded this season.  We are struggling because we haven#''t been organised well enough on the pitch.  In case it''s slipped your notice, Charlton, Derby, and Watford recently had parachute payments / still have them.  I think this says more about the effect that promotion / relegation can have on clearing out staff in a club, than a lack of investment.[/quote]

[/quote]But that''s the point percy.  It''s not the funding of the team that''s really the problem.  It has been the recruitment of the managers which has been the single biggest point of failure.  The trouble is that there are no 100% guaranteed managers out there. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]We''re not struggling as a result of being under-funded this season.  We are struggling because we haven#''t been organised well enough on the pitch.  In case it''s slipped your notice, Charlton, Derby, and Watford recently had parachute payments / still have them.  I think this says more about the effect that promotion / relegation can have on clearing out staff in a club, than a lack of investment.Oh, and sorry Butler, it''s this bloomin herbal tea, keeps me logical...[/quote]

[/quote]It''s taken you this long to dig that up ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, and sorry Butler, it''s this bloomin herbal tea, keeps me logical...
[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s taken you this long to dig that up ?
[/quote]

Yup!

[quote]Some people just don''t like being confronted with the truth.[/quote]A press release from the club said that Yellow was funded by the majority shareholders.Your good friend Mr SpineRoad says that Yellows was funded by the departure of Joe Lewis.How many player have we had either on loan, or signed, since the summer ?The accounts won''t tell you diddly about this, because they aren''t that detailed.So the only piece of "truth" available is the press release.In short, my my Barclay_Boy, aren''t you predictable.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Some people just don''t like being confronted with the truth.[/quote]

A press release from the club said that Yellow was funded by the majority shareholders.

Your good friend Mr SpineRoad says that Yellows was funded by the departure of Joe Lewis.

[/quote]

blahblahblah,

1. Firstly this thread was about whether the club will make a profit on transfers during this window. We did last season and we''re looking good again for a profit.

2. Do you believe everything the club feeds you? For example, they say we have no money yet they can pay GR and crew off!

3. I dont have access to the NCFC finance department and presumably you dont either. So you are unable to provide financial evidence to support your argument.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Some people just don''t like being confronted with the truth.[/quote]A press release from the club said that Yellow was funded by the majority shareholders.Your good friend Mr SpineRoad says that Yellows was funded by the departure of Joe Lewis.How many player have we had either on loan, or signed, since the summer ?The accounts won''t tell you diddly about this, because they aren''t that detailed.So the only piece of "truth" available is the press release.In short, my my Barclay_Boy, aren''t you predictable.[/quote]I think you''ll find the phrase was ''Made possible by a loan from....'' Lawyerspeak.Say we needed £1m for ''Yellows and only had £950k in the budget.Delia could lend the extra £50k and ''make the work possible''.Doesn''t mean she lent the full amount does it?We don''t know because as you rightly say the a/c''s are perennialy vague and nor particularly detailed.As far as I''m aware there was not much of a sum at all in loans outstanding to the maj shareholders at the time with the bulk of the loans being attributal to The Turners, Mr Foulger and Mr Munby since the Maj holders had converted as much as possible into shares.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

We''re not struggling as a result of being under-funded this season.  We are struggling because we haven#''t been organised well enough on the pitch.  In case it''s slipped your notice, Charlton, Derby, and Watford recently had parachute payments / still have them.  I think this says more about the effect that promotion / relegation can have on clearing out staff in a club, than a lack of investment.[/quote]

[/quote]

Great post PP and spot on. Respect to Canary Nut for the original post and for not letting the b**t**ds grind you down. Some people just don''t like being confronted with the truth. Goes against their cosy little image of "a well run club". Unless of course well run means running it into the ground.

[/quote]A great post with one slight error.Our net spend for this season to date is approximately zero, having just resold BellDon''t forget the fee of approx £1,000,000 we received for Shackell this season.Watching peoples reaction to Bell being sold had me laughing at times as people speculated that we might bring in a striker or a CB or both with all this money and the Eventguard money.Memories of Goldfish some people The further back you go the worse oit gets.Francis, Etuhu Earnshaw etc. etc. etc.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A great post with one slight error.

Our net spend for this season to date is approximately zero, having just resold Bell

Don''t forget the fee of approx £1,000,000 we received for Shackell this season.

[/quote]

I didn''t.

The 2008 Annual Report (p.37) states that the net spend after selling Shackell and buying Hoolahan, Stefanovic and Bell was £0.4m (Clingan came on a free).

We have just resold Bell, fee undisclosed but thought to be somewhere between £350,000 and £500,000.

Our net spend for this season to date is approximately zero

The last couple of posts miss the where the vast majority of the money goes in football - player wages.  fees are pennies in comparison, and any calculations on the basis of this are pretty much meaningless.If you want to throw eggs at the board, have a go at the appointment of Grant and Roeder by all means.  These appointments have proven to be more expensive than any spine road or conservatory.  Of course, appointing a boss isn''t particularly easy - look how badly Mandaric got it last season.