Sign in to follow this  
Swedishcanary

I think the club must change way....

Hello im a NCFC supporter living in sweden and im worried about the financial problems with the club and many other clubs in all England.This problems got many of our clubs in sweden to for about eight-ten years ago..Buying overrated players for crazy money and high wages and thinking now we can challenge the top clubs in europe(IFK Gothenburg for example)..the only thing who happend was that they started digging their own grave...the change came for a couple of years ago.They started to pick up players from the youth team and i must say....swedish club football is better than ever..........we have a youth/reserve team who has beating arsenals youth/reserve team twice this year..arsenal have one of the best youth team organisations in the world in my opinion..

we can not compete with arsenal,chelsea,united etc.etc with money but we can compete with our team against those teams in our own way....

Change way and begin in january!!

sorry for my english..

Hi Swedishcanary,

Sorry to say we can''t even compete with Burnley and Blackpool! Gonna be a long, cold winter...

you make a very valid point though.its all a point of intentions though.i dont know about everyone else but if the board actually made moves to introduce youth and they changed their approach for the next 3/4 years i think people would be up for it.primarily because you are gaining your own assets and that can only be good from a football and financial perspective. we cant afford to spend "X" amount on players so we should develop our own. southampton are having to do it. they are gonna struggle though because they left it too late, why not start now and in 3/4 years have a young team capable of bringing us victory.

I question the quality of the Arsenal youth team as we have also beaten them this year!

On a serious note, clubs used to integrate youth players much and with plenty of success, however, now money has entered the game, supporters expect money to be spent.

An example of this is the January transfer window when half our loans go back. Will supporters genuinely be happy for the reserve and youth players to come into the side or do supporters expect ''experienced professionals'' and ''premiership quality'' players?

Hej Swedish Canary! Where do you live? I''ve been living in Uppsala for 2 years and been to watch Sirius a couple of times - not too good last yr though. The current set up in England is unsustainable, I''m hoping for the system to collapse on its own or new rules to come in so that Norwich can compete again and develop their young players too. I remember being at Old Trafford years ago when we won and singing ''we don''t need a checkbook.'' How times change.

I long for the return of those far off days when every team played on a Saturday afternoon. There was always a team playing at home as it was either the First Team or the Reserve Team. No substitutes and any supporter who went to all the matches played at home could easily see who was fit to play for the First Team. There was a wage cap and unless he came from the Home Countries there were few foreign Players. Letters in the Press not on a Message Board. Standing on the Terraces, rain driping down the back of your neck. Players charged the goal keeper, five forwards and two full backs............ arh happy days!!! One could understand the rules of the game even.............

Hi earnsless...

Im living in Falun right now...I agree,sirius had a bad year.I saw they  get richard richardsson from Örebro SK to next season,its a good keeper..

The system in England is so crazy right now and i think we must jump off the moneytrain and begin thinking different..I mean Antoine Sibierski,24000 £/week (The only fact I have is what I reading in here).Henrik Larsson got 20000£/MONTH here in sweden.Henrik Larsson is ten times better then the fat frenchman!!!I hope you see my point there,I mean thats sick.We can stop it in our own way!

times changes but nothing says we can change it back...

agree it''s sick what even average players are getting. Maybe Sibi can play innebandy with Henke to get fit, but I doubt he''d last the pace. , God Jul!