Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Best wishes to Alex Notman

Such a shame that someone with so much talent and potential has had to retire at such a young age, and all from blocking a free-kick!

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do Alex.

It is indeed a sad day when one so young has to retire due to injury. I was really looking forward to seeing Alex back in the team this year, but alas it is not to be. All the very best to you Alex, in whatever you decide to do next.

On the plus side for Norwich - do we get any insurance payout because of the injury and wages released to help sign one or more of the current crop of loan players?

I''d like to pass on my best wishes to Alex too. I''m gutted for him to be forced out of the game at his age and with his ability. I''m disappointed for Alex and for the club, and wish him the best in whatever he moves on to do.

It is very sad. No body tried as hard as Alex, and was the victim to as many saves of the month.

And don''t anybody forget who it was that wipped the cross in for Iwans header at Cardiff!!!!

Good Luck for the future Alex

Yea I have seen several posts around the boards critising the guy..saying what a waste of money he is... I am not naming names.. so nothing personal if you posted you will know.

It is sad he was a clever little footballer who we never got the chance to see the best of...

All the members of Carrowroad.net and the forum wish him the best for the future in whatever he choses. as long as he doesn''t work for a certain place down the A140 lololol

I never thought that Alex was given an extended run in the team to show what potential he really had. Sadly we will never get the chance to see that potential realised now. Hopefully the club could offer him a job, possibly with the youngsters, as I believe he would be a good role model for those coming up through the academy.

The pity is that I''m sure he would have thrived in the current team, alongside quality players. And that it happened as a result of the commitment to the team that he showed at Ipswich. Come on PFA, earn your money and take care of him.