Sign in to follow this  
steve b

This may sound crazy glen

but instead of getting rid of Bell couldn''t we recall Henville and give the boy a chance, or lappin who had a excellent game at centre half against arsenal reserves

I''m not Glenn but that does sound crazy.

Henville is obviously a million miles off this standard and although I think Lappin is a decent little footballer I think it''d be a disaster playing him at centreback.

surley there are other options? getting rid of Bell for a centre back........surely there are free transfers out there that would mean we could hold onto Bell? You also have to look at Roeders decision to clear out Shackell

I''m surprised Roeder hasn''t tried playing Bell at centreback, given his penchant for playing people out of position. That''d solve the problem!

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]surley there are other options? getting rid of Bell for a centre back........surely there are free transfers out there that would mean we could hold onto Bell? You also have to look at Roeders decision to clear out Shackell[/quote]if the speculation is true - and 2 local rags have gone with the same story - then for me - it suggests bell is unsettled and roedy is hoping he can get a decent cb in, while getting rid of a player who''s heart isn''t in it...

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]surley there are other options? getting rid of Bell for a centre back........surely there are free transfers out there that would mean we could hold onto Bell? You also have to look at Roeders decision to clear out Shackell
[/quote]

Exactly. To offload Bell to get a centre back would be a desperate move.We''re not even in the transfer windon yet,so why would we be even considering it, let alone letting it get to the press,at this stage.Like most people I reacted to teh story this morning, but the more I think about the more convinced I am that its bollocks.

As for Shackell, let''s be honest he was poor and can''t get a regular place at Wolves, and it wouldn''t be an issue if Steffy hadn''t done his knee and Spurs lied to us about Troy.

As well as Troy, there''s a certain Micky Spillane who''s playing out of his skin on loan at Luton. Can we get him back?