Sign in to follow this  
followthegreenandyellow

The board havent helped....but Mr Roeder you have only yourself to blame!

• Getting rid of players without adequate replacements (ie shackell)
  • Loans (he knew eventually they wernt going to be here forever)
  • Poor man mangement skills of players (wheres koroma, Lupoli, etc)
  • Not giving youngsters a chance
  • The possibility of swapping decent assets that could get us out of this mess

Why do i make these points, well i have the team photo in my kitchen in my gaff, and i have noticed compared to last year there is more white shirts of the coaching staff almost then players!

excellent post, I mentioned in a previous post that we shipped out Shackell when we were struggling in defence, we bring in INJURY prone players in Kennedy and Stefanovic (surprise, surprise they are both out), Henville (poor signing) and to be honest Roeder has done it to himself.

The 3 issues that stand out for me are:

Huckerby - still plenty good enough for us. If we were hovering around the top 6 you''d forgive Glenn but we''re not and he foolishly let one of our best players go.

Drury - loads of goals have come down our left hand side this season because Ryan Bertrand has been pretty poor, why hasn''t he given a run to Drury who has been impressive in his brief appearances so far?

Strikers - why did he not sign any in the summer?

[quote user="GJP"]

Huckerby - still plenty good enough for us. If we were hovering around the top 6 you''d forgive Glenn but we''re not and he foolishly let one of our best players go.

Drury - loads of goals have come down our left hand side this season because Ryan Bertrand has been pretty poor, why hasn''t he given a run to Drury who has been impressive in his brief appearances so far?

[/quote]

Huckerby - agreed, cant understand this one.  A silly player to make a principle on!

Drury/Bertrand - Last 3 or 4 games have been poor.  I think Roeder has quite rightly given him a bit of time to recover as Bertrand earned the shirt whilst Drury was injured. 

Strikers - money.  Why else would we be taking Bell to the bring and buy sale when Roeder worked so hard to get him?

[quote user="peartreeproductions"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Huckerby - agreed, cant understand this one.  A silly player to make a principle on!

Drury/Bertrand - Last 3 or 4 games have been poor.  I think Roeder has quite rightly given him a bit of time to recover as Bertrand earned the shirt whilst Drury was injured. 

Strikers - money.  Why else would we be taking Bell to the bring and buy sale when Roeder worked so hard to get him?

[/quote]

Bertrand was superb last season but I think his poor form this season has covered more than the last 3 or 4 games. He''s been poor for the majority of the season so far. I''m sure he''ll still develop into a quality player but at the moment we''re far too weak in that area of the pitch and too many goals have come through there.

As for strikers, surely Glenn knew we needed them yet he set about getting players for every other position on the pitch. Surely upfront was priority? Could we have sacrificed 3 or 4 of our loans for the sake of signing 1 striker?

Speaking of Shackell - he was in Tesco in Sprowston this evening with a rather attractive girl!

Agree with the OP though - he hasn''t made the best choices and kept the right attitude to endear himself to the fans.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Speaking of Shackell - he was in Tesco in Sprowston this evening with a rather attractive girl!

Agree with the OP though - he hasn''t made the best choices and kept the right attitude to endear himself to the fans.[/quote]Was it that bird from the hills he pulled [:d]