Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

For Gods sake posters, wake up!

''Actively seeking investment'' doesn''t mean Delia''s trying to sell up.

Stop clutching at straws, because Smith''s instructions to this Harris bloke were only, in reality, to try and find more puppets or mugs like the Turners to invest in City.

Never, to my knowledge, has she ever said ''I''m selling up''..............okay?[:@]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Stop clutching at straws, because Smith''s instructions to this Harris bloke were only, in reality, to try and find more puppets or mugs like the Turners to invest in City.

Never, to my knowledge, has she ever said ''I''m selling up''..............okay?[:@]

[/quote]

and...?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

and...?

[/quote]

Just laying the lie.[:S]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

and...?

[/quote]

[/quote]

As this is your opinion (to which you are welcome) I think you should be very careful what you say.

I''d hate to see the headline in the EDP ''Libelous Wizard goes to jail for a spell'' [;)]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

and...?

[/quote]

[/quote]

As this is your opinion (to which you are welcome) I think you should be very careful what you say.

I''d hate to see the headline in the EDP ''Libelous Wizard goes to jail for a spell'' [;)]

[/quote]

Libel is a civil, not criminal 1st Wannabee, therefore jail is not an issue......................

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

and...?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Libel is a civil, not criminal 1st Wannabee, therefore jail is not an issue......................

[/quote]

Humourous effect - obviously wasted on your good self !

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

and...?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Humourous effect - obviously wasted on your good self !

[/quote]

At this time of the year, shouldn''t it be good elf?[:D]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Never, to my knowledge, has she ever said ''I''m selling up''..............okay?[:@][/quote]and...?[/quote]Just laying the lie.[:S][/quote]As this is your opinion (to which you are welcome) I think you should be very careful what you say.

I''d hate to see the headline in the EDP ''Libelous Wizard goes to jail for a spell'' [;)][/quote]Lol, Wazzy, But the next time you crack a joke, can you please leave a set of instructions with it so that poor wiz can understand. Bless! [:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]Actually, 1st Wizard, there IS an offence of criminal libel. Only used in extreme cases, though, so I''m sure you don''t have to worry about it. Probably...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Never, to my knowledge, has she ever said ''I''m selling up''..............okay?[:@][/quote]and...?[/quote]Just laying the lie.[:S][/quote]As this is your opinion (to which you are welcome) I think you should be very careful what you say.

I''d hate to see the headline in the EDP ''Libelous Wizard goes to jail for a spell'' [;)][/quote]Lol, Wazzy, But the next time you crack a joke, can you please leave a set of instructions with it so that poor wiz can understand. Bless! [:D]

[/quote]

It must be very difficult in his house when the crackers get pulled [:|]

I may be a tad slow humour wise Lapps but I''m not as dim as the posters who actually think Smithy is selling up! save your blesses for them.    [:|]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

I''d hate to see the headline in the EDP ''Libelous Wizard goes to jail for a spell'' [;)][/quote]Lol, Wazzy, But the next time you crack a joke, can you please leave a set of instructions with it so that poor wiz can understand. Bless! [:D][/quote]It must be very difficult in his house when the crackers get pulled [:|][/quote]I think there''s only one thing that''ll get pulled in wiz''s house this Christmas! [:$]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I may be a tad slow humour wise Lapps but I''m not as dim as the posters who actually think Smithy is selling up! save your blesses for them.    [:|][/quote]

Be careful Wiz people have been Committed for less LOL

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I may be a tad slow humour wise Lapps but I''m not as dim as the posters who actually think Smithy is selling up! save your blesses for them.    [:|][/quote]

Just to return the insult, you are dim because you think she is not selling.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]

Err..show me the quote/article where she says she is...................indeed, can anyone show me that?  [:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]

Err..show me the quote/article where she says she is...................indeed, can anyone show me that?  [:|]

[/quote]

Show us one where she says she isn''t.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]

[/quote] FOUND ONE!!!!!!!!![:D]

Text The Editor
E-mail Alerts
Desktop News

How to use EDP24
Homepage logoMake EDP24
your homepage
Contacts:
EDP offices
Telephone, email
Deliveries
Deliver the paper
Subscribe
To the EDP and our range of magazines
Advertise:
Book your trade ad
Newspapers
Internet
Leaflets
Advertising features

Site Search

Delia: Now we can tell the full story

PADDY DAVITT

12 November 2008 08:42

Delia Smith at the Norwich City AGM
Delia Smith at the Norwich City AGM
Norwich City majority shareholder Delia Smith broke her silence to declare Peter Cullum''s potential takeover deal dead in the water.

Smith revealed to a packed annual meeting that she had received written confirmation from the Towergate impresario withdrawing his initial interest in replacing Smith and husband Michael Wynn Jones as majority shareholders.

And she disclosed that London accountants Seymour Pierce had been instructed to actively seek new investment after drawing a line under the ''lowest point'' of her 12-year tenure.

Seymour Pierce chairman Keith Harris - a former chairman of the Football League - has already brokered five Premier League takeover deals, including the wooing of Roman Abramovich to Chelsea.

Aston Villa, Hull, West Ham and Manchester City are the other clubs to have used Harris to help secure new owners and he is currently involved in trying to find buyers for Newcastle, Everton - and now Norwich.

Addressing the Canaries annual meeting, Smith said: “At long last we can now tell you the truth of what happened.

“Last summer when we were not allowed to speak to our supporters was an extremely difficult time. The reason we couldn''t speak to you was because we didn''t want to compromise an offer that might come along. At that time we did not receive an offer but we didn''t want to compromise one because it would have been such a fantastic thing for our football club.

“We didn''t receive an offer and we haven''t received one since and unfortunately we have received a communication in writing that there will not be an offer. We are very sad and sorry about it. We believe that Mr Cullum had the best of intentions but the problems of the financial crisis embracing football for any club outside of the Premiership are very difficult. Without paying a penny to shareholders - including ourselves - the on going financial commitment of any owner is very hazardous indeed.”

Smith and her husband - who have injected an estimated £11m of their personal fortune into the club over the last 12 years - again reiterated they would stand aside should serious investors come forward.

“I would like to reassure supporters, however hazardous as it may be, Michael and I are totally committed to this football club,” she said. “We want nothing more than for it to thrive and flourish. Can we at the same time assure you that anyone at anytime who wants to invest that neither of us wants or needs to be majority shareholders or major shareholders or if it came to it any shareholders.

“If it was for the benefit of this club Michael and I would always be happy to stand aside because the only reason we are here, like you, we love the football club and want it to flourish and be a success. If someone comes along with money I can promise you sincerely and I hope you can hear this clearly because I am publicly saying it that we will never stand in the way.”

Smith admitted attracting potential new investors in the current economic climate is a tough task.

“We haven''t been idle since we heard there wasn''t going to be an offer,” she said. “We are exploring many ways of trying to raise funds and we''ve been to see a firm of London accountants and spoken to a gentleman called Keith Harris.

“We have instructed him to do his best to find new investment for Norwich City. This is not the best economic climate for that to be forthcoming but want to let you know we are doing all we can. On a positive and realistic note that while the financial position of the football is dire - like most clubs outside the Premiership - Norwich City is more stable than most. Although the fires that we have been fighting for the last 12 years show no signs of abating we are happy to keep on fighting those fires with any means that we have.”

In the formal business of the annual meeting chairman Roger Munby and chief executive Neil Doncaster were re-elected to the board of directors.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Thank you Ex-greenoschin. There it is in black and white.

Now Wiz pehaps you can stop making these totally wild claims.

[/quote]Well... er... just because she said it... doesn''t mean ... er .... she meant it! [*-)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Well... er... just because she said it... doesn''t mean ... er .... she meant it! [*-)]

[/quote]

Don''t give that doddery old fart idea''s - I bet he''s going down this route already [:D]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]Well... er... just because she said it... doesn''t mean ... er .... she meant it! [*-)][/quote]

Don''t give that doddery old fart idea''s - I bet he''s going down this route already [:D]

[/quote]He''s been "on one" today, I''ve noticed.  Maybe someone left something in his garden again.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]He''s been "on one" today, I''ve noticed.  Maybe someone left something in his garden again.[/quote]A gnome, to keep him company?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Well... er... just because she said it... doesn''t mean ... er .... she meant it! [*-)]

[/quote]

EGGZAKLY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MjxRKhYCk Empty wurdz an'' Empty Promises.....Ahhh Noice.[:|]