Sign in to follow this  
Bigmarkcanary

I don't know if anybody's seen this yet, but...

...I found this little snippet on norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com and found it interesting:

And then, of course, there is Arturo Lupoli to factor into these equations.

An unused substitute at the Madejski on Saturday as Roeder threw Darel Russell back up through the middle and installed Matty Pattison in the hole behind, the manager''s remarks afterwards made for telling reading given the way that the rumour mill was about to spin.

"I think that maybe playing down through the middle against the physical presence of their two central defenders is tough for Arturo Lupoli," said Roeder in the Press conference afterwards.

"That''s not a criticism of him - that''s how he is physically made. And at the moment - in a game like that - is probably better suited to playing in a wider position.

"In a way that Billy Davies used him at Derby when he was on-loan from Arsenal; I think he played him a dozen times, but played him wide-left. And at the moment Belly [David Bell] is doing very well there. So he''s just going to have to be patient to get a game."

If there is, indeed, something in the wind, then Lupoli might not have to be patient for too much longer. He could be filling Bell''s boots in little more than a fortnight.

He played more than a dozen times for them, try between thirty and forty! Could be a good move for him though, especially if there is definitely some truth in the Bell for Ward rumour...thoughts??

I am very concerned that Roeder didnt know Lupoli was a smaller and less physical player before he signed him, he didnt know Troy Archibald-Henville was not ready for the Championship before he signed him, he didnt know that Crofty was a great right winger until he had been at the club for nearly a year, he thinks Mark Fotheringham and Darel Russell are strikers  and even more concerning....he wants to sign Elliot Ward at the expense of our most exciting prospect for ages.

This man is an idiot. No wonder West Ham fans hate him is it. Look what he did to them and be warned.

Even if Peter Cullum did give Norwich £20m for players I am not convinced he would spend it wisely anyway.

*BUMP* [:)]

I know Roeder has quashed, or tried to quash depending on how you look at it, the Bell for Ward rumour, but does anybody else have anymore thoughts on this topic?

Does anyone think that Lupoli would have the ability to perform well for us on the left wing, should Bell still be sold or something??

I don''t know about Lupoli but I do know it''s b*ll*cks to say Crofty was already a great winger before Roeder came to the club. He''s become a much better winger since Roeder joined us, and I think Glenn deserves a little bit of credit for that.

[quote user="king canary"]Would depend on how Lupoli is defensively. I cant imagine he is the best of tacklers.
[/quote]

I did think about that, but then again, neither was Hucks in my opinion.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[quote user="king canary"]Would depend on how Lupoli is defensively. I cant imagine he is the best of tacklers. [/quote]

I did think about that, but then again, neither was Hucks in my opinion.

[/quote]One of his few weaknesses unfortunately. I think Glen prefers a team with a bit more balance than playing a striker out wide, that was a Worthington thing.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I don''t know about Lupoli but I do know it''s b*ll*cks to say Crofty was already a great winger before Roeder came to the club. He''s become a much better winger since Roeder joined us, and I think Glenn deserves a little bit of credit for that.[/quote]agree with that nuff - roedy dropped the boy back end last season, and he''s obviously ''beefed'' up in the gym, rather than at burger king ever since!!!this new strength sees crofty at his best when he plays direct, running at defenders, and going for goal...but having said that, would have bell on the right, leezer up front,  lupes on the left and hooley in the hole anyday...or lupes in the hole and hooley on the left - tons of creativity in that line-up...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Nuff Said"]I don''t know about Lupoli but I do know it''s b*ll*cks to say Crofty was already a great winger before Roeder came to the club. He''s become a much better winger since Roeder joined us, and I think Glenn deserves a little bit of credit for that.[/quote]agree with that nuff - roedy dropped the boy back end last season, and he''s obviously ''beefed'' up in the gym, rather than at burger king ever since!!!this new strength sees crofty at his best when he plays direct, running at defenders, and going for goal...but having said that, would have bell on the right, leezer up front,  lupes on the left and hooley in the hole anyday...or lupes in the hole and hooley on the left - tons of creativity in that line-up...[/quote]Could work as a 4-2-3-1 formation, need someone to play the loan striker role, then have Patty and Clinkers holding it at the back, would mean the wide players (Lupes and Bell) would not have to do as much tracking back.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

...I found this little snippet on norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com and found it interesting:

An unused substitute at the Madejski on Saturday as Roeder threw Darel Russell back up through the middle and installed Matty Pattison in the hole behind, the manager''s remarks afterwards made for telling reading given the way that the rumour mill was about to spin.

"I think that maybe playing down through the middle against the physical presence of their two central defenders is tough for Arturo Lupoli," said Roeder in the Press conference afterwards.

"That''s not a criticism of him - that''s how he is physically made. And at the moment - in a game like that - is probably better suited to playing in a wider position.

"In a way that Billy Davies used him at Derby when he was on-loan from Arsenal; I think he played him a dozen times, but played him wide-left. And at the moment Belly [David Bell] is doing very well there. So he''s just going to have to be patient to get a game."

If there is, indeed, something in the wind, then Lupoli might not have to be patient for too much longer. He could be filling Bell''s boots in little more than a fortnight.

He played more than a dozen times for them, try between thirty and forty! Could be a good move for him though, especially if there is definitely some truth in the Bell for Ward rumour...thoughts??

[/quote]

I know you''re a big Loopiloo fan but to go to all the trouble to give the Coventry newspaper a story about Bell leaving in a swop deal so that your Loopiloo can play on the left wing is a step too far. Bell isn''t going anywhere and Loopiloo wont be our new left winger.

[:)][:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

I know you''re a big Loopiloo fan but to go to all the trouble to give the Coventry newspaper a story about Bell leaving in a swop deal so that your Loopiloo can play on the left wing is a step too far. Bell isn''t going anywhere and Loopiloo wont be our new left winger.

[:)][:D]

[/quote]

I do not know what you are talking about CA, I am entirely innocent. [A] 

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Nuff Said"]I don''t know about Lupoli but I do know it''s b*ll*cks to say Crofty was already a great winger before Roeder came to the club. He''s become a much better winger since Roeder joined us, and I think Glenn deserves a little bit of credit for that.
[/quote]

agree with that nuff - roedy dropped the boy back end last season, and he''s obviously ''beefed'' up in the gym, rather than at burger king ever since!!!

this new strength sees crofty at his best when he plays direct, running at defenders, and going for goal...

but having said that, would have bell on the right, leezer up front,  lupes on the left and hooley in the hole anyday...or lupes in the hole and hooley on the left - tons of creativity in that line-up...
[/quote]
Could work as a 4-2-3-1 formation, need someone to play the loan striker role, then have Patty and Clinkers holding it at the back, would mean the wide players (Lupes and Bell) would not have to do as much tracking back.
[/quote]

That could work a treat KC, but why would you leave Crofty out as he''s in a good run of form?

I personally wouldnt, I would start with him on the right and Bell on the left, but as the post was about Lupo on the wing thought I should prob put him in the team. That is how I would play if we had the right sort of striker, wouldnt need to be big but would need to be strong enough to hold defenders off, disciplined to stay in his postion and have the ability to make the right runs for Hoolahans passes and Bell and Crofts crosses. I believe Patty has the ability to break forward and make a himself known in the box as well when we are attacking.

Or Roeder will stick Hoolahan back on the left if Bell goes, leaving Cort and A.N Other up front. (Cort and Russell probably. Oh Jesus!)