Sign in to follow this  
"6 ft 2, eyes are blue Duncan Forbes is after you"

The Crab has a very thick shell!

What a joke...Having seen todays EDP we find that Fossy does not care why he is Sh1t. He obvoiusly has no intention to take responsibilty for his or the teams performance - What a great captain (sic)

Well at least the training facilities are top class, we have full houses each week, the training sessions are high tempo, the backroom staff are kmowledgable and motivated and we are due some luck very soon...blah, blah, blah.

When our capitain gets the ball, he looks like he is trying to cross a road, look right,  look left,  look right again and then (If you haven''t been robbed of the ball) pass to someone else in a worst position.

Our worst capitain ever...Unless you know different?   

The form he was in at points last season. I get some people dont like Fozzy but I cant see what he has done to offend you so much in this interview?

Drury was Worthy''s favourite, to the point where it was an open joke in the dressing room. He also strikes me as a decent, honest, hard working player. A bit too quiet to be a leader in my opinion, but we didn''t have too many options at the time.

Thanks for asking King, he stated that he had marked a Swansea midfielder out of the game for 45 minutes. If he was any good, or understood how to win matches, he would have caused problems for the opposition rather than trying to stop another player from causing problems. Can you image and opposition manager saying "We have to watch out for Fossy, he wins games for Norwich"

Thats the whole point, he is only one dimentional at when he is "On form".  

Well as a central midfielder his duties also involved marking a player in the oppositions team when we dont have the ball. Clingan does the same, so does Patty. How can you be annoyed at one of our players for defending well??Sure he is no match winner but is Drury? No. Is Otsemabor? No. Is Russel? Not in my opinion. However your not annoyed at them. In my opinion Fozzy is not a great player but last season did alot of the dirty work in midfield, winning the ball and moving it sensibly, putting his foot on it and looking at his options, while Russel got all the plaudits for running around alot and making the odd tackle.

[quote user="king canary"]
In my opinion Fozzy is not a great player but last season did alot of the dirty work in midfield, winning the ball and moving it sensibly, putting his foot on it and looking at his options, while Russel got all the plaudits for running around alot and making the odd tackle.
[/quote]

Disagree. I don''t think Fozzy is a bad player as such. Infact I think he knows how to/wants to play football the right way. However, where you see a player "putting his foot on it and looking at his options" I see a player who can''t make the decision quick enough and can''t move his body quick enough to play the ball.

I mean it is only a second or two seconds or maybe even a split second but whatever it is he''s short of it.

Darel Russell, while no Zidane himself, is more likely to ply on the half turn so that when the ball comes into him he''s already half way to playing the ball. With  Fozzy it''s more like the ball gets to him, then he sorts his body out, then he has a look and then he shapes his body again to move the ball.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="king canary"]In my opinion Fozzy is not a great player but last season did alot of the dirty work in midfield, winning the ball and moving it sensibly, putting his foot on it and looking at his options, while Russel got all the plaudits for running around alot and making the odd tackle. [/quote]

Disagree. I don''t think Fozzy is a bad player as such. Infact I think he knows how to/wants to play football the right way. However, where you see a player "putting his foot on it and looking at his options" I see a player who can''t make the decision quick enough and can''t move his body quick enough to play the ball.

I mean it is only a second or two seconds or maybe even a split second but whatever it is he''s short of it.

Darel Russell, while no Zidane himself, is more likely to ply on the half turn so that when the ball comes into him he''s already half way to playing the ball. With  Fozzy it''s more like the ball gets to him, then he sorts his body out, then he has a look and then he shapes his body again to move the ball.

[/quote]Spot on GJP, I''d noticed that exact problem with Fozzy. Good point well made. I don''t think he''s as bad as everyone makes out - that first half-season under Grant he was just awful, but I thought for a good part of the first half of last season he was one of the best players in the (admittedly awful) team. His form dropped off again after Roeder came in, and it''s not really picked up since. For a handful of games early last season I thought he could wind up filling Safri''s boots - he was full of energy, bite in the tackle, and seemed to be constantly wanting the ball and distributing it a lot more positively. I genuinely don''t think he''s a bad player, but on current form he can have no complaints about being out of the team (or even the squad). Would be very surprised if he was here come next August.

it seems with fozzy that he is an intelligent kinda guy. Talking about how privileged he is to have his job whilst his dad worked his fingers to the bone for way less pay....i also think on the field he tries to play intelligently and therefore suffers from the same abuse as mulrybe used to receive. Mulryne was an intelligent passing midfielder....the thing is if the rest of the midfield is static and cant run OFF the ball then he has no options and has to go back to the defence or sideways.  Now by no means is fozzy a world beater but on the flip side the major problem with our side is the complete lack of OFF the ball movment. If a passer has no options then what can he do??A little basic coaching and some old style west ham triabgles up the pitch would do wonders for us.