Sign in to follow this  
RobertMack

Contracts up?

I have to admit I had no idea that Crofts contract is up this summer and am quite surprised at this finding. Other than him and Fotheringham, are there any others that could leave for free at the seasons end?

[quote user="RobertMack"]Thanks, I can envisage them all beig ''let go''. Should give Spillane some incentive though![/quote]

Well we won''t be seeing Spillane or Martin back, they are wanted at Luton on a three year deal, My info is top notch.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Well we won''t be seeing Spillane or Martin back, they are wanted at Luton on a three year deal, My info is top notch.

[/quote]Didn''t Martin get a pretty decent contract last year from Grant after his run of goals?

[quote user="One Flew Over..."][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]Didn''t Martin get a pretty decent contract last year from Grant after his run of goals?[/quote]I think it was 3 years. What a waste though, he was on a roll and he''s just been pushed out of the squad. No wonder his confidence is through the floor, I feel for the lad!But yes, most of our youth players (which Roeder always talks about but never uses) are mainly on 1 year deals, so we shall see really.

Why do some get upset about players who were shown not to be good enough then not getting another chance?

We''ve had it with Lappin and now Spillane and Martin. They have all had chances and just were not good enough.

[quote user="whoareyou"]

Why do some get upset about players who were shown not to be good enough then not getting another chance?

We''ve had it with Lappin and now Spillane and Martin. They have all had chances and just were not good enough.

[/quote]Hardly, Spillane has hardly been given a run in the team, and Lappin has had no chance under Roeder. Martin is understandable though.But the treatment, especially that of Lappin, is really unfair!

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

Hardly, Spillane has hardly been given a run in the team, and Lappin has had no chance under Roeder. Martin is understandable though.

But the treatment, especially that of Lappin, is really unfair!
[/quote]

And contracts don''t mean a thing either, the longer the contract the bigger the pay cheque, don''t mean they will stay the full term (Cashton),  Long contracts give bigger bargaining power to the selling club, PS did you know Chris Martin''s brother is now doing 18mths porridge,  

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

Hardly, Spillane has hardly been given a run in the team, and Lappin has had no chance under Roeder. Martin is understandable though.

But the treatment, especially that of Lappin, is really unfair!
[/quote]

And contracts don''t mean a thing either, the longer the contract the bigger the pay cheque, don''t mean they will stay the full term (Cashton),  Long contracts give bigger bargaining power to the selling club, PS did you know Chris Martin''s brother is now doing 18mths porridge,  

[/quote]

The porridge was in the Norwich Evening News a few days back.

Wouldn''t keep Martin but I think Spillane is worth keeping given what I have read from a Luton fan.

I had porridge for Breakfast this morning, wel, it was actually Ready breck, which is like being tansferred from high security to an open Nick really isnt it?

jas :)