Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

Why is it called the Pink'un?

[quote user="ncfcrule"]So why is it??[/quote]

Because it was printed on pink paper. In the old days most of the  Saturday evening sports papers were pink''uns, green''uns etc.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Because it was printed on pink paper. In the old days most of the  Saturday evening sports papers were pink''uns, green''uns etc.

[/quote]

Very true Beauseant, I remember it well, especially the face in the crowd competition........no, I never won it but my mate did.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Very true Beauseant, I remember it well, especially the face in the crowd competition........no, I never won it but my mate did.

[/quote]Maybe you''d have stood a better chance if you''d been in the crowd... or was it all a consipracy?  ARCHANT OUT!  [:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Always found it remarkable how quickly they printed it after the football with the match reports in. Or am I thinking of something else?!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe you''d have stood a better chance if you''d been in the crowd... or was it all a consipracy?  ARCHANT OUT!  [:|]
[/quote]

From 1957 to 1969 I attended every single home game Mr C, and most away games too from 62'' onwards. I didn''t join the ranks of the season ticket holders until the 90''s.

Okay?[:S]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Maybe you''d have stood a better chance if you''d been in the crowd... or was it all a consipracy?  ARCHANT OUT!  [:|][/quote]

From 1957 to 1969 I attended every single home game Mr C, and most away games too from 62'' onwards. I didn''t join the ranks of the season ticket holders until the 90''s.

[/quote]Yes, I''m impressed.  [<:o)]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]It was still printed on pink paper until fairly recently wasn''t it, or am I imagining that?[/quote]

it was indeed.. i have old ones from the european run in my mums loft and is definately on pink paper.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]It was still printed on pink paper until fairly recently wasn''t it, or am I imagining that?[/quote]

it was indeed.. i have old ones from the european run in my mums loft and is definately on pink paper.

jas :)

[/quote]Either that or the colour ran a little [:P]

Trivia corner. Newsprint is naturally grey and has to be dyed. It costs more to dye it white than colours such as pink or green. So for disposable editions like football papers, the cheaper, coloured newsprint was used.I probably need to get out more.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe you''d have stood a better chance if you''d been in the crowd... or was it all a consipracy?  ARCHANT OUT!  [:|]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So what pissed you off in 1969?

[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Trivia corner. Newsprint is naturally grey and has to be dyed. It costs more to dye it white than colours such as pink or green. So for disposable editions like football papers, the cheaper, coloured newsprint was used.

I probably need to get out more.[/quote]

[IMG]http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l367/robinsainty/anorak.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry, couldn''t resist![:D]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Always found it remarkable how quickly they printed it after the football with the match reports in. Or am I thinking of something else?!

[/quote]My girlfriend used to work there as an audio typist on Saturdays. They had reporters filing by telephone all the time so that the stories were only about ten minutes behind (even the local leagues) etc etc. At the final whistle it would be a quick summary… maybe a cheeky headline, update the table, run the page layouts past the sub and then on to film, plates and print (on pink paper). Quick trim, fold, bundle and then into the back of the fleet of vans and off around the county.Doesn''t seem that difficult in the days of macs and desktop publishing, but it was quite a feat when it was tyesetting and paste-up artwork.Sorry… got a bit carried away there!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Trivia corner. Newsprint is naturally grey and has to be dyed. It costs more to dye it white than colours such as pink or green. So for disposable editions like football papers, the cheaper, coloured newsprint was used.I probably need to get out more.[/quote]

[IMG]http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l367/robinsainty/anorak.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry, couldn''t resist![:D]

[/quote] Thanks for the fashion suggestion, Beauseant, but that looks way too stylish for me!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Another one of your lies.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful Squit, I can back all I''ve said up!

why pink and not green or yellow?

The reports in the papers as you left games were half times...... useless info but you still had to know

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful Squit, I can back all I''ve said up!

[/quote]

Yes, I''m sure you can try and spin your way out of another lie.