Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Lita for 300,000

[quote user="Smudger"]Did the editor not realise that they had missed a ''0'' off perhaps??? [:O][/quote]

I suppose that if you were really interested then you might have dug a bit deeper;

West Brom and Wolves want Lita, 23, on loan but have been told they will have to flash the cash.

If no one wants him on a permanent deal then £300,000 seems like a steal.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Did the editor not realise that they had missed a ''0'' off perhaps??? [:O][/quote]

Or even 3, 0s,

[/quote]

Ouch, thats a lot of money Pete.

Anyway, he is not worth 3 million with only 6 months to go on his contract.  Probably not worth three million anyway especially as he can not get in his own team Smudger.  But I would gladly pay 300k for him, but the likelihood of that is probably 0.0%.

[quote user="Yella Knight"][quote user="pete_norw"]

Or even 3, 0s,

[/quote]

Ouch, thats a lot of money Pete.

Anyway, he is not worth 3 million with only 6 months to go on his contract.  Probably not worth three million anyway especially as he can not get in his own team Smudger.  But I would gladly pay 300k for him, but the likelihood of that is probably 0.0%.

[/quote]

Yes very true £3 mil is to much for him, but as we all know how reliable the sun is for getting things right, I thought they may have had a sticky keyboard, Do anyone think we will go for him at price they have tagged on him or will we go for less and lose him    

The only way I can see this happening is if Reading basically tell him he can go anywhere he wants as long as they get £300,000 min for him. That would then be dependant on him choosing us over the other Clubs said to be interested. As it stands I think it is totally unrealistic, other Clubs will offer more than the above figure and they would probably give him a better package to tempt him to sign.

But then again I never really expected Huckerby to sign.....

If it is true then I hope Glen and the board are digging deep, he would be a fantastic signing, Lita is an awesome player(as we have all seen) and has proved he can cut the mustard not just in this league but in the prem too!

I just hope this report doesnt start a bidding war and we lose out to a club with more money! If I remember rightly Leroy has said he likes it in Norfolk and at NCFC, please please please lets not lose out on this one!

Hes worth £3m quid fully fit and under contract, especially if he is playing well and scoring regularly.  I would gamble at anything up to £1m to be honest, and I would beg, borrow or steal the money to get him.  Its an investment that just cant fail....

[quote user="shortfatb"]If he''s available for less than £500k then I''ll put £50 in. Is there 9999 others out there prepared to do the same?[/quote]Shouldn''t bump your own I know, but anyone fancy putting there own £50 or more up? If we went to the board with, for instance, £300k insisting it goes on Lita and no one else they''re going to struggle to turn it down, and if Lita doesn''t come we get the money back. 

the value seems to be going down by the week....

Lets see, a player out of contract at the end of the season, and a host of clubs with more money thhan us after his signature... unless John Madejski is an idiot he is going to wait until the highest bider comes in then say "yes please" we wont be the highest bidder.....lets be realistic... Martin Taylor all over again.....

jas :)

[quote user="jay kay"]id do it.[/quote]That''s £100 so far, come on you tight lot, money where your mouth is. Someone email Peter and say we''ll find the transfer money if he foots the wages. It''s Christmas, let''s make this f**ker snowball!

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="jay kay"]id do it.

[/quote]

That''s £100 so far, come on you tight lot, money where your mouth is. Someone email Peter and say we''ll find the transfer money if he foots the wages. It''s Christmas, let''s make this f**ker snowball!
[/quote]

all the more reason people cant afford it really isn''t it?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="jay kay"]id do it.[/quote]That''s £100 so far, come on you tight lot, money where your mouth is. Someone email Peter and say we''ll find the transfer money if he foots the wages. It''s Christmas, let''s make this f**ker snowball![/quote]

all the more reason people cant afford it really isn''t it?

[/quote]So £100 going once, going twice,...

[quote user="shortfatb"]If he''s available for less than £500k then I''ll put £50 in. Is there 9999 others out there prepared to do the same?[/quote]yep, i''d want half the proceeds back if we sell him on, i.e. £100 if he goes for £2m...

Id they will let him go for 300k then the only way we will get him is if he turns down the 25 other offers Reading will get for him at that price.Not a chance in hell.[quote user="Jim Kent"]That''s what the Sun is saying. Maybe not the most reliable source, but you never know.[/quote]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Surely we can''t afford not to get him at that price.

[/quote]

You can bet your bottom dollar that we will let him go even if he was free. We are always the last ones to the table. Sure our board spend half the time asleep

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Surely we can''t afford not to get him at that price.

[/quote]

You can bet your bottom dollar that we will let him go even if he was free. We are always the last ones to the table. Sure our board spend half the time asleep

[quote user="CT "]It''s in the Sun so it MUST be true [8-)][/quote]

stop copying mick mccarthy comments

3m some you crazy? anyone wondered why reading want him out? coppell is a nononse manager, quite clear that leroy is disruptive individual who although is very talented is too big for his boots

now he would be a good signing but he needs to find consistancy he seems to score in flurries off 2 or 3 goals in one game and look class/unstoppable to the next 3 or 4 not scoring

correct fee for the lita is 750k - 1.25m in my opinion. is the lad out of contract in the summer?

ps. heard strong rumour wba are looking to loan him (not buy him) in janaury