Sign in to follow this  
Green&Yellow Fan

wanted!!! STRIKER

Ah, excellent expert analysis there.

So even though he played brilliantly last season, and most of this pre-season, scoring goals and playing people in, and working very hard, one bad game and he''s useless??

Brilliant.

Give him a chance green&yellow! The season hasn''t even begun yet. I admit that Sven certainly didn''t have his best game yesterday but he had a pretty bloody good run in towards the end of last year. I''m more than happy to give him a go in the Prem- Although another striker would be handy!!

Ahhh nice postive comments...that''s exactly what we need just before the start of the season!

come on,lets get behind all the players...one bad game doe''snt mean he''s now the worst player in the world.To all of you out there who feel that slating a player is o.k,get used to us not winning as many games this season or players having an off day..they need our support through thick and thin!!

It just appeared to me that Svensson didn''t seem that interested yesterday. He is probably resting on his laurels that he is the only semi-target-man we''ve got, and therefore it seems he doesn''t need to play well to get a game. Also, it was a pre-season friendly so there was nothing at stake, but there were 14,000-ish people there who wanted to see a game, not a knock around.

while the initial comment was a little strong in its delivery, has this board degenerated into a "say positive things or dont say it at all?"

i hope not. it sounds an awful lot like the ridiculous refrain that ran around the US when people opposed the war on Iraq. these damn republicans said if you oppose the war, then you''re not supporting the troops or being a ''proud american'' (whatever that is -- i''m not american anyway!). please.

it''s possible to still LOVE your football team EVEN if you have negative things to say about it. they are not mutually exclusive.

sven is a norwich player but there is a REASON NW wants another centre forward -- and it''s not to warm the bench behind sven. NW believes that sven isn''t good enough to be norwich''s #1 striker. i agree. yes, he had a good run-in last season but he is a little slow and might suffer against some pretty good defenders in the prem.

do i want sven to succeed? ABSOLUTELY. but i would prefer another striker up there instead. and maybe yesterday friendly against the only top flight team so far this preseason is an indication of things to come.

so, message is NW - GO FIND YOUR STRIKER. but if not, we''ll back whoever pulls on the yellow jersey and support you completely.

I think what your saying is essentially correct ny. I will support any player who pulls on a Norwich shirt, and wouldn''t dream of booing them on the pitch. However, as a fan I reserve the right to put forward an opinion on a player, even if it''s negative.

As for Sven though, I can''t see why he can be judged and told he''s lazy before he''s even kicked a ball. I don''t think we''ve got the cash to go out and just get another top striker willy nilly. We need to back players and let them have a go

I have been impressed with most of the posts on yesterdays game, it shows that most of the posters have a good balanced view on the game - if some have slightly rose tinted spectacles, when one really supports a team one should have them.. My previous comments on needing another target man were not in any way playing down Sven - perhaps he didnt have his best game yesterday, but I doubt very much it was due to complacency- but I feel that IF he isnt quite up to it or is injured (his record on that front is a bit dodgy), then we must have an alternative target man - he is the only one at present who fills that role

To be honest i think Svensson will be one of our best players, hopefully hucks to, but he couldnt do it for man city in the prem so im not really sure what to expect from huckerby this season, but had a blinder last season so he may be able to show us all that hes good enough for the prem! lets all see next saturday!

Norwich rule........... Huckerby couldn`t " do it " for mancity because keegan , for some reason best known to himself , kept Hucks in the reserves while he spent , like there was no tomorrow , on such prizes as Fowler ! ............ need I say more ????

I cant see the problem with the post from Green&Yellow...he thinks Matty did not have a good game yesterday and expressed his opinion. A it happens I agree with G&Y - Matty did not have a good game yesterday. When Leon came on we looked much more lively.

I certainly would criticise a Norwich player - IF they deserve it. Four games, five games and I would consider it perfectly reasonable to be questioning a players'' ability.

But as far as I can tell, Matty has been the outstanding performer of our pre-season. He''s scored goals and looked very threatening. Add to that the excellent goals and performances from last season, and I would say it would be a BIG mistake to write him off already.

We need to give all our players our total support until it''s proven that they can''t cut it with the big boys.

Interested to hear on the radio this morning that NW is still looking to strengthen this week if poss but by close of transfer window at latest with a centre forward and a central defender.

This will styrengthen those doubter who think the flem/charlton partnership is too short and give Sven competition for his place he needs to compete week in week out.

Come on Saturday

OTBC